S:flo2 impressions thread
Jan 20, 2010 at 5:53 AM Post #256 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by mangamonster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a sexy photoshoot with my sflo right before writing this...enjoy
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice Shot! and do you mind letting me know WHAT KIND OF AWESOME STAND is cradling your s:flo2 so I can get one of those Bad Boys?!

Obviously you didn't use a cameraphone... LOL

Jan 20, 2010 at 6:05 AM Post #257 of 3,682
Jan 20, 2010 at 6:17 AM Post #258 of 3,682
Very nice picture, mangamonster. Gonna love the stand.

Jan 21, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #262 of 3,682
Quote:

Thanks for the info. I purchased a couple mini to rca cables over weekend. I have a question though. Will an RCA male to male produce better audio compared to using a mini to rca cable? I've always wondered about this.

Either Mini-to-RCA or RCA-to-RCA will work fine as long as the jacks are of good quality and the connections between jack and cable are properly made with high-grade material. Gold-plated jacks are considered to deliver slightly better results, but this is not a make or break point in my opinion.

Jan 21, 2010 at 3:50 AM Post #263 of 3,682
Quote:

OK, so my s:flo2 came in today. Hehe, it's quite funny how amazing this DAP is. I was totally not expecting it...I bought it for it's sound quality, and this is the best SQ I've heard from any DAP or DAP/Amp combo. It's better than my nuforce/amp2 pro2 combo...by quite a margin. I haven't burned in the player, but I'm having a hard time believing that it will sound any better than it already is.

First, the amp on here is phenomenal. The sflo2 drives my D2000's amazingly! I had doubts at first driving these cans. It pairs so much better than with my nuforce (the nuforce mobile and d2000 are known to pair well). The dynamics and depth are really nicely defined and layered and I'm catching myself listening to my music wayyy to loud on the sflo2, which is good. (but bad for my ears I'm guessing)

I heard quite a few complaints about the interface...twitchy, unresponsive. Although I have only had it for around 6 hrs now, I have yet to see this. I like that I can tweak the interface. There's a bunch of options. Touch screen is plenty responsive for what I intend to use it for...music listening. The volume wheel is a god send. I LOVE it. It's not overly sensitive, which is perfect.

It looks sexyyy. IMO, it's the best looking DAP on the market. It's extremely slick, sleek and modern. The only physical parts are the power button and the volume wheel. Well done! Screen is big big and the red led within the power button is very '2001 Space Odyssey'.

I'm not much of a reviewer, but I know what I like, and this is it. If I were to say one thing about the sound quality that I like the most is it's presence. The music has a monolithic presence and sound is translated to my cans with authority. Friggin amazing.

I had a sexy photoshoot with my sflo right before writing this...enjoy
smily_headphones1.gif

img0008xi.jpg

That's one SEXY looking picture...

Congratulations on your timely purchase. Your ears will have a hard time trying to believe what they are hearing from this S:flo2. This is truly high-end SQ.

Jan 21, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #266 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by BRN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want to know if anyone has tried hi-res flac with this player? If so what were the results?

90% of my listening is with lossless FLAC files. This is how my S:flo2 sounds best. As an additional information, I have compared MP3(320mbps) with FLAC files using my S:flo2 and there definitely is a meaningful difference where FLAC shows better SQ.

Jan 21, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #269 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How long does the battery last playing FLAC files thought, the battery life seems to be a big negative.

Yeah, everyone says that FLAC sucks the life out of it. I've been playing mine with the charger on, as I bought it to be a full time desk mounted player (I'll be using it as my source once my Hat Peed Thingee arrives...argh, it's taking forever to get here!)

It is a shame though...knowing that I have 3-4 hrs at most if I travel with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back