S:flo2 impressions thread
Jan 15, 2010 at 6:55 AM Post #226 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep. if you are looking for something that has a 'mature' firmware, Chinese DAP / PMP in general is probably not what you want. Thought they have been able to keep up on hardware, they didn't dedicate enough resource on software development. These DAP / PMP are more for the 'adventure' type
wink.gif

ClieOS,

HOW much time have you spent with this particular DAP, I am curious?

Jan 15, 2010 at 10:27 AM Post #227 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by FLACvest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ClieOS,

HOW much time have you spent with this particular DAP, I am curious?

Used to try keeping just one main DAP every year (the best one I can find/afford), then find another worthy replacement in a yearly cycle. It went like this for the last few years:

Samsung YP-U2 (~2006) > iriver clix (2006~2007) > iriver clix2 (2007~2008) > Sansa Fuze (2008~2009).

I also pick up a Nano4 middle of last year, but mainly for testing / reviewing purpose (too many people asking why was I not using an iPod
confused_face.gif
). Also got two other DAP for reviewing, but I still preferred Fuze for its SQ.

I do feel like s:flo2 is starting to replace my lovely Fuze as my main portable player for 2010, but Fuze will still be used often as I have just upgraded my T4 to T3D to use with Fuze's LO, plus the small size and longer play time works well when I am traveling.

Jan 15, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #231 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by theom4353 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Didn't see they ran out of stock, now i am even happier that i bought it when i did.

They do ran out of stock now and I think they are starting a new per-order for the next batch , but there will be a roughly one month waiting period. Also, I heard there will be a cheaper 2GB model on the next batch targeting MicroSDHC user.

Jan 15, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #235 of 3,682
Mine left HK on the 12th...hope it gets here today!!! Highly unlikely though
frown.gif

For those of you waiting to order, Feb 10th is when the new batch will be avail.

From the MP4nation site:

"The 8GB is out of stock and the 16GB will probably be out of stock by tomorrow.

We will have 2GB, 8GB and 16GB back in stock by feb 10th."

Jan 15, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #237 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Used to try keeping just one main DAP every year (the best one I can find/afford), then find another worthy replacement in a yearly cycle. It went like this for the last few years:

Samsung YP-U2 (~2006) > iriver clix (2006~2007) > iriver clix2 (2007~2008) > Sansa Fuze (2008~2009).

I also pick up a Nano4 middle of last year, but mainly for testing / reviewing purpose (too many people asking why was I not using an iPod
confused_face.gif
). Also got two other DAP for reviewing, but I still preferred Fuze for its SQ.

I do feel like s:flo2 is starting to replace my lovely Fuze as my main portable player for 2010, but Fuze will still be used often as I have just upgraded my T4 to T3D to use with Fuze's LO, plus the small size and longer play time works well when I am traveling.

So you DO have an s:flo2 to test with? Thats good, glad to hear you arent just pooh poohing as it is a Chinese DAP.... Some of these CAN have "quirky" firmwares, but this is the best my friends and I have ever seen.

Simple, Direct, To the point, and non-aggravating. Hopefully the future (i.e. 2.00 firmware, will be a fixit, and not an introduction of new bugs). I feel your caution on the issue, which IS warranted, but firmware 1.10 is really solid for ME, and I have no reason to upgrade, as the "bug list" doesnt touch me.

BTW. I am collecting my new Sansa Fuze, hopefully a v1, as it was bought refurbished from Buy.com (a reccomended source for getting v1 hardware on the Sansa froums) for ROCKboxing to put in a direct head to head with the s:flo2.

Curious, what firmware config do you run YOUR Fuze in? is it a v1 or a v2, and if a v1 is it ROCKboxed???

Jan 16, 2010 at 3:54 AM Post #240 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by FLACvest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you DO have an s:flo2 to test with? Thats good, glad to hear you arent just pooh poohing as it is a Chinese DAP.... Some of these CAN have "quirky" firmwares, but this is the best my friends and I have ever seen.

Curious, what firmware config do you run YOUR Fuze in? is it a v1 or a v2, and if a v1 is it ROCKboxed???

Of course I have a s:flo2 to test with. In fact I have been using it as my main DAP for the last few weeks and wrote a review on it.

My Fuze is on v01.02.28P, which means it is a v1. I didn't RockBox my Fuze because I use line-out most of the time, which RockBox hasn't fully supported yet (last I check). Also. it eats battery too much and I don't need the extra features RB adds to Fuze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back