S:flo2 impressions thread
Jan 8, 2010 at 4:52 AM Post #137 of 3,682
Damn, I had to pull the trigger on this one. Looks great and functional, line out, plays FLAC, dual dacs!?, the 'bugs' are almost unnoticeable, and above all...it sounds utterly amazing from the reviews I've read. All for under $200.

Sounds like a no brainer to me
smily_headphones1.gif

I did the standard shipping option to Texas...hope it doesnt take too long to get here!!

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:30 AM Post #138 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did anyone do some RMAA tests on that thing?

I got this from a chinese website, but in China, it seems most of people have bad votes for it, special the phoneout. Lineout is ok though.

Jan 8, 2010 at 6:37 AM Post #139 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by spunky_me /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got this from a chinese website, but in China, it seems most of people have bad votes for it, special the phoneout. Lineout is ok though.

Because to the audiophile ears, if no music representation , any functions are vain.

Jan 8, 2010 at 6:46 AM Post #140 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did anyone do some RMAA tests on that thing?

I would like to read some one write the detail and unbiased reviews on T51. especially the sound quality segment. It seem until now, It seems there is no really user willing to do so. Maybe I am wrong for my ill-informed knowledge.

Jan 8, 2010 at 10:20 AM Post #141 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by headfever /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would like to read some one write the detail and unbiased reviews on T51. especially the sound quality segment. It seem until now, It seems there is no really user willing to do so. Maybe I am wrong for my ill-informed knowledge.

What makes any of the reviews so far seem biased?

Jan 8, 2010 at 1:18 PM Post #142 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by spunky_me /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you. The second set of measurements is interesting, I can't really tell if it's measured with a load or without. If that's the headphone-out with a 16 Ohm load, it would be rather good - if it's without load, it would be not so great.

First set of measurements is obviously without load. Frequency response doesn't look good on it (+0.02, +0.12) - especially since they only tested between 40Hz-15kHz. Hmmm...

Jan 8, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #146 of 3,682
The problem with trusting users' reviews only is that they hear this: 'amazing bass that is sooooo deep and such clarity and stage detail!' when the truth is that the same product may have no bass definition below a certain frequency, be hamstrung by horrid channel separation, and at the same time, blow clarity by loads of distortion.

User reviews have to be tempered by some sort of standard, otherwise, they are the same as: Because orange is brighter than brown, it is better.

Signature etc - sure, those things cannot really be measured, but at the same time, I hardly trust glowing opinions of hardware for many reasons. Absent-minded evaluation of equipment is one reason.

Jan 8, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #147 of 3,682
Jan 9, 2010 at 4:38 AM Post #149 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobbaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's another RMAA test
Teclast T51 LineOut Rmaa 測試å*±å‘Š - æ†æºç§‘æž— - å°ˆæ¥*耳機åŠéš¨èº«æ•¸ç¢¼å½±éŸ³è¨Žè«–å€
Teclast T51 HeadPhone Rmaa 測試å*±å‘Š - æ†æºç§‘æž— - å°ˆæ¥*耳機åŠéš¨èº«æ•¸ç¢¼å½±éŸ³è¨Žè«–å€

I might get one soon, i'll compare it with my Vaio Pocket's LOD and through my Stax rig.
There's a guy on the Teclast T51 thread who enjoys it a lot with his HD650/MkV rig.

My god, The graph on the first link is perfect one I have never seen. it is as flat as draw by a ruler.

Jan 9, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #150 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverfi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My god, The graph on the first link is perfect one I have never seen. it is as flat as draw by a ruler.

All decent players have a perfectly flat frequency response without a load attached, there's nothing special about that. Most players measure as good or better than the Teclast that way. For example: http://rmaa.elektrokrishna.com/Compa...No%20Loads.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back