S:flo2 impressions thread
Dec 21, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #33 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure what I think of the interface: it really is lacking a few good features, but the sound is quite nice.

Do you have one? I read some of your posts on the amp3 player, which do you think this sounds better?

Dec 21, 2009 at 7:24 PM Post #34 of 3,682
got mine today
normal_smile .gif
will post a pic before long
first impressions with line out caffine ultra and hfi780s , I feel silly for going on about the cowon d2 for so long, THIS SOUNDS AMAZING soundstage is alot wider seperation is bloody amazing and overall definition is much higher ,over the moon with this player

Dec 21, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #35 of 3,682
I don't understand these reviews/impressions. Several people I know here in The Netherlands bought this Teclast T51 after the hype and almost everyone is extremely dissapointed. I myself was tempted to get one but after messing around with a friend's unit I am glad I didn't.

For a very extensive (and downright scary) buglist click here.

Don't get me wrong, I want this thing to be awesome. I am always looking for the best possible portable SQ but I don't believe this is the one. Yet.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 21, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #36 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Negakinu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't understand these reviews/impressions. Several people I know here in The Netherlands bought this Teclast T51 after the hype and almost everyone is extremely dissapointed. I myself was tempted to get one but after messing around with a friend's unit I am glad I didn't.

Don't get me wrong, I want this thing to be awesome. I am always looking for the best possible portable SQ but I don't believe this is the one. Yet.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sounds like most of the bugs are around wma files and album art, i have mostly mp3 and flac and couldn't care about album art. I am planning on getting this and if those are the main bugs, then i can probably live with it. It would be 95% just playing music and i doubt i will actually use it for video playing or anything else.

The only one thing that really may annoy me is that songs aren't listed alphabetically, the rest i couldn't care much for as its sounds more cosmetic.

Dec 22, 2009 at 12:44 AM Post #37 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Negakinu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

how did it sound? but yeah that bug list is crazy
triportsad.gif

Dec 22, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #38 of 3,682
I am more curious to how it sounds. Most of the bugs don't seem to be huge, not a wma user, not a fan of album art and i don't need to see the lyrics - i am not exactly looking to sing along with the player.

Dec 22, 2009 at 5:40 AM Post #39 of 3,682
havnt noticed any bugs as yet but havnt looked for any tbh, the sflo came in a very nice package with an instruction book and a charger ect
the computer recognised it and music transfer was very quick, the touch screen is nice and sensitive and fast in response.
I used the sfo like my cowon so chose directory/music/radiohead/the bends ,as said before very very pleased with the sound maybe this is due to not double amping anymore i dont know ,havnt tried hp out yet ,bought it to feed an amp and its doing what i wanted.
so the benefits so far are the bigger sound stage and also the seperation (the layers of music have more clarity than my d2 and seem more defined)
still messing with the eq ,willl post any problems or other stuff as it happens

Dec 24, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #40 of 3,682
Any more impressions? This thing really is about the SQ only, considering all them chips. How does it compare to the Cowon D2, x1000 etc... theoretically the sflo2 should blow them out the water, right? On paper it should be the best the DAP around.
Can we discuss SQ only, since we know that the UI sucks and the bugs, but what about the sq only. Let's say if one would hook up the d2 and an ibasso p3+ (with the 797 etc), which one would have better sq?

Dec 24, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #41 of 3,682
Well i will give my impressions.

I got my S:FLo2 on Monday, i borrowed a pair of IE8's and have been using them with this.

The sound is just amazing, this is the best sounding player i have every owned. I can't really say how they compare to other quality sounding players like the Cowon D2 because i haven't had the chance to use them, but compared an iPod, Zen and other Chinese players i have had, this is by far the best sounding.

The soundstage is large, very good clarity and full of detail. Its the first time i can really make out the different layering from my music. I find that female vocals especially sound good on this.

I first tried the S:Flo2 with a pair of PL50, right away the PL50 sounded like a totally different earphone, sound just felt so much more alive. It was when i tried the IE8 that i was just blown away. It has a nice punchy bass, with mids and highs sounding rich and detailed. I tried the IE8's on my iPod and they didn't sound anything like how they did on the S:Flo2. It really sucks that i need to give them back to my friend in a week and i can't afford to get a pair for myself right now
frown.gif
At least the PL50 sounded great on them also
smily_headphones1.gif
I also tried my Beta Brainwavz that i had and they too sound totally different, so much nicer sounding than they had been.

Right after i got it i updated to the latest firmware. As for the bugs, i haven't really encountered any, but i only have been using this to listen to music, if i am not listening to an album, its on shuffle, so for like 90% of time it rests in my pocket. Only one thing that annoys me is that when you browse all music, the files aren't listed alphabetically. There is a very faint background noise when the screen is on, once the screen turns off the noise is gone.

I haven't even tried the line out, but from everything i read, i should expect the sound to be even better from the line out. Now i am considering investing in an amp and headphones. Any suggestions for what to use?

Dec 24, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #43 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antony L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mines been down a while as it died with the new firmware update,:

How did you manage to do that.

I had to switch to my xp pc to do the update, my vista laptop wouldn't detect the player for the update to work.

Dec 24, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #44 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by pxl1500 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How did you manage to do that.

I had to switch to my xp pc to do the update, my vista laptop wouldn't detect the player for the update to work.

did it on my vista laptop with that update tool thingy ,i loaded the image file pressed the button then pressed that other button but after that it was player not responding and afew more grey hairs
regular_smile .gif

btw if vista dosnt detect plug in before log on this worked for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back