RWAK100 - iriver AK100 mod by RWA
Feb 1, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #47 of 51
Sean, thank you for your answer.

I consider using it with tralucent 1p2. I think that I will not need an external amp. I wish someone told me the synergy of tralucent with rwak100
smily_headphones1.gif

Definitely no amp required for that pairing. The RWAK100 will be able to drive the 1Plus2 easily. If there's any concern I have about the RWAK100 & the Tralucent 1Plus2, it's more to do with whether the RWAK100 will hit the ceiling of what it's capable of delivering to the 1Plus2s. What i mean by this is that I feel the 1Plus2 is capable of delivering greater resolution to the ears than what the RWAK100 is able to feed into it. There's a possibility that I've been too spoilt by some other higher ended (but not necessarily expensive) DAPs than the RWAK100. Such examples would be the Sony NW-ZX1, Fiio's upcoming X5 (which I'm currently demo-ing), and even A&K's AK120 (which I've subsequently sold since getting the NW-ZX1).

The RWAK100 was good when it was out. However at least to me, I'm seeing not just a minor increment in DAP evolution but a giant step recently. With the likes of the two aforementioned players, they seem to be able to deliver close to $1000-$1200 level quality at 1/2 or 1/3 of the price. Some higher ended players like the HM-901 still has an edge over those other two but one would have to think really hard to justify the price difference now. 

Feb 20, 2014 at 6:25 AM Post #48 of 51
Oh! I didn't know the AK100MkII is Japan-only! I should have used a translator.

Thank you for sharing!

Yes, I live in Tokyo - you know me actually
smily_headphones1.gif

Do you remember hearing any background noise/hiss when no music is playing with the volume turned all the way down and all the way up using sensitive iem on either the RWAK100,  MK2 or AK100? 

Feb 21, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #49 of 51
Do you remember hearing any background noise/hiss when no music is playing with the volume turned all the way down and all the way up using sensitive iem on either the RWAK100,  MK2 or AK100? 
No, I don't remember any hiss on both the AK100Mk1, RWAK100 nor the MS-AK100.

I never tried the AK100Mk2.

Mar 23, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #51 of 51
I'm interested to know what firmware people are using and if there is a general consensus on which is best?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back