Rush 'Sectors' Box Sets
Jan 8, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #31 of 62
I listened to Signals tonight, pretty satisfying remaster. I wouldn't say as mindblowing as some of the Pink Floyd remasters turned out to be, but bass and especially drumsound are clearly improved.

Jan 12, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #32 of 62
Not yet. I don't have the Floyd set of Sectors yet. :D

Quote:
Agreed on the quality of these CDs.

I actually just finished all of them. Started on Christmas night when things settled down (my wife picked them up for me) and have tried to listen to 1 or 2 CDs a night and I am very impressed with them. A must for any Rush fan IMO.

Next up...Zeppelin remasters! Man do they need them.

Jan 13, 2012 at 5:34 AM Post #34 of 62
Rush were a great band that I enjoyed immensly until around Signals, probably their last half decent album, the rest just was not to my liking they changed their sound way too much for me.
It would be awesome to hear all those Early years recordings remastered.

Jan 14, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #36 of 62
I got the Sectors 1 for xmas.  Very good sounding albums.  Rush - Rush has never sounded better, IMHO.  However, I do have the Fly by Night issues.  Still no new updates on Rush.com about replacing the bad discs.

Jan 14, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #37 of 62
I've been out doing some cold weather walking with my portable rig (iPod Classic 160GB, ALO RX and Phiaton MS-400s), and for the last few days I've really been enjoying listening to the Sectors discs.  A lot of this stuff I haven't heard for 25 years or more, and it's sounding better than ever.

On most of these tracks, it seems that the tonal balance has been moved downward just a bit from what I remember; bass and lower mids are fuller, and the upper mids/treble are not as harsh.  The mixes sound perfect to me. Although this may be due to my poor memory, or the quality of the gear I had when I was much younger.  (I remember playing the first couple of the vinyl versions on my Allied Electronics receiver, home made speaker boxes with Jensen 6x9 car speakers in them, and a BIC Venturi turntable.  )

The Sectors discs sound excellent through my LCD-2s at home, also; I'm very pleased with these, and hoping for a replacement for Fly By Night soon.  I haven't listened to any of the DVDs yet.

Jan 23, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #39 of 62
Better get myself this box set soon. Went to my first rush concert on april 20th in Montreal, 7 th row lifeson side. he threw his facecloth to me! Probably happy to see a fan that was under 20 :p

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jan 28, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #40 of 62

Quote:
Rush were a great band that I enjoyed immensly until around Signals, probably their last half decent album, the rest just was not to my liking they changed their sound way too much for me.
It would be awesome to hear all those Early years recordings remastered.

Signals was the end for me too.  Still love the stuff before.  Just ordered Fly By Night and Hemispheres on CD so I have a listening option besides vinyl

Jan 28, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #41 of 62

Quote:
Better get myself this box set soon. Went to my first rush concert on april 20th in Montreal, 7 th row lifeson side. he threw his facecloth to me! Probably happy to see a fan that was under 20 :p

When Rush Signals Tour sold out in Honolulu, they belatedly opened up the back section, and that's how we got seats 15-20' directly above and behind Neil Peart. So did we only see his back? No, he had an acoustic set in the front, a digital set in the back, and revolved back and forth on a rotating stool. There were mirrors all around.

Feb 1, 2012 at 3:01 AM Post #42 of 62
Has anyone noticed that there's been some remixing on some of these remasters?  I was just listening to Mission from Hold Your Fire and it seemed different, so I A-B'd it with the 1997 remaster and there were some significant differences in the keyboards.  Some Amazon reviewers are reporting different vocal mixes on some songs as well.  Not sure I'm happy to hear about that.

Feb 7, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #44 of 62
Replacement discs are now available.  The following was posted on the Rush website today:

Replacement ‘Fly By Night’ CDs and ‘A Farewell To Kings’ DVDs are now available.

For US & Canadian fans, please contact Universal customer services team on:
e-mail: FishersCustSvc@umusic.com
Phone: 1-800-288-5942

For fans in the UK & Ireland please contact:
UK e-mail: mk.customerservices@umusic.com
UK Phone: +44 (0) 845 250 0965

For fans in Germany please contact:
Germany e-mail: rush@universal-music.de

For fans in any other country please contact your original Sector store where you made the purchase for assistance in getting your replacement discs.
Universal will ensure corrected discs get to the Sector-buying fans worldwide as soon as they possibly can.

Feb 10, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #45 of 62
I sent an email out to the above address a couple of days ago, asking how to go about receiving the replacement discs.  I didn't attach a receipt at all; my mailing address happened to be added to the message as part of my signature, though.

I received a reply today saying that they were out of stock, would be receiving more next week, and would then ship the replacements to me ASAP.  Apparently you don't have to send in the defective ones, or even show proof of purchase.

We'll see what happens in a week or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back