Rush 'Sectors' Box Sets
Feb 10, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #46 of 62

Quote:
I sent an email out to the above address a couple of days ago, asking how to go about receiving the replacement discs.  I didn't attach a receipt at all; my mailing address happened to be added to the message as part of my signature, though.

I received a reply today saying that they were out of stock, would be receiving more next week, and would then ship the replacements to me ASAP.  Apparently you don't have to send in the defective ones, or even show proof of purchase.

We'll see what happens in a week or so.

Matches my experience as well. The email said they should be shipped very soon.

Feb 10, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #47 of 62
I do remember hearing a few glitches on my Fly By Night cd but I haven't listened to the A Farewell To Kings DVD yet to see if mine has any problems.Is the problem on the dvd on all of them or only certain batches?

Feb 10, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #48 of 62

Quote:
I do remember hearing a few glitches on my Fly By Night cd but I haven't listened to the A Farewell To Kings DVD yet to see if mine has any problems.Is the problem on the dvd on all of them or only certain batches?

I think the initial run was all affected.

Feb 10, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #49 of 62
I heard at least 6 or 7 audio dropouts of 1/2 second or so on Fly By Night.  Especially distracting with headphones.  On the Farewell To Kings DVD, I heard no problems at all.  I only listened to the 5.1, though; possibly the problems are with the hi-res stereo version.

Feb 10, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #50 of 62

Quote:
I heard at least 6 or 7 audio dropouts of 1/2 second or so on Fly By Night.  Especially distracting with headphones.  On the Farewell To Kings DVD, I heard no problems at all.  I only listened to the 5.1, though; possibly the problems are with the hi-res stereo version.

Could very well be, I was listening to the high-res stereo version of Farewell to Kings and mine had a few "issues".

Feb 10, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #51 of 62
I'll get the replacement discs for both of them even though I don't have the capability to listen to the hi res layer on the A Farewell To Kings dvd.[don't know if the regular stereo version's affected]

Mar 12, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #54 of 62
I finally got mine today.  It appears that all issues have been resolved.  I'm still surprised that I did not have to provide the original discs, or even a receipt.  They mailed the replacements without any proof of purchase at all.

For anyone who has waited quite awhile without receiving theirs, an email contact person at Universal is:  Penny.Riley@umusic.com

May 14, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #55 of 62
Update, 14 months later:  It looks like all of the Sectors material is now available in 24/96 from HDTracks, as well as the 7 later albums, all the way up through Snakes and Arrows.  So, for around $189.00, and lots of download time (probably around a year with dialup) you can have it all, (studio albums, that is) except for Clockwork Angels.  Not a bad deal for 22 albums.

May 14, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #56 of 62
Downloading it all right now. There's also a 10% of coupon "rush10".

About half of my Rush CD 's are scratched or damaged somewhat from all the years on them. So my rips are missing some tracks, have a few pops or whatnot.

It's time to replace it all with high-res!

Jun 1, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #57 of 62
i actually just downloaded these not too long ago. wow,  they're really good! 

permanent waves, hemispheres, farewell to kings, moving pictures, and the first album are great!! 

Jun 1, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #58 of 62
Quote:
i actually just downloaded these not too long ago. wow,  they're really good! 

permanent waves, hemispheres, farewell to kings, moving pictures, and the first album are great!! 

I know! This has been a good couple weeks, going through the whole Rush catalog again. Really enjoying myself. 
size]

May 12, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #59 of 62
I need a little help with accessing the 24/96 properties of my Rush Sector 1 box set.

I have a iMac 2011 with iTunes - when I first imported the discs, I did it as a lossless import into iTunes - sounds fine - I originally thought that the 5 albums were standard 16/44 CD's with a hi-res copy of "Fly By Night" in 5.1 that I couldn't really use because I didn't have anything other than the Mac and an iPod. 

Now I have a DX90 and I went back to the Amazon description and it states that all 5 albums are 24/96 - so I imported again in AIFF format instead of ALAC. I looked at the "get info" box on the imported file and it lists it as 16/44 with 1411kbps - so no high res.

My next move was to copy the music files directly from the CD to my DX90 SD card via USB - it worked, it lists the file as a AIFF - but still shows up as 16/44.

When I right click the actual song on the CD showing on my Mac desktop - it calls it AIFF-C and doesn't list bit rate or sampling rate...

I am just trying to figure out all this now I have a DX90 - 99% of my music is ALAC (Apple Lossless) - I downloaded the free HD Tracks Sampler and those songs show up as 24/96 on the DX90, so the DAP isn't the problem - is it possible that the regular discs of Rush Sector 1 are NOT 24/96? And just the songs on the DVD Audio are high resolution?

AARRGGHH

May 12, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #60 of 62
I need a little help with accessing the 24/96 properties of my Rush Sector 1 box set.

I have a iMac 2011 with iTunes - when I first imported the discs, I did it as a lossless import into iTunes - sounds fine - I originally thought that the 5 albums were standard 16/44 CD's with a hi-res copy of "Fly By Night" in 5.1 that I couldn't really use because I didn't have anything other than the Mac and an iPod. 

Now I have a DX90 and I went back to the Amazon description and it states that all 5 albums are 24/96 - so I imported again in AIFF format instead of ALAC. I looked at the "get info" box on the imported file and it lists it as 16/44 with 1411kbps - so no high res.

My next move was to copy the music files directly from the CD to my DX90 SD card via USB - it worked, it lists the file as a AIFF - but still shows up as 16/44.

When I right click the actual song on the CD showing on my Mac desktop - it calls it AIFF-C and doesn't list bit rate or sampling rate...

I am just trying to figure out all this now I have a DX90 - 99% of my music is ALAC (Apple Lossless) - I downloaded the free HD Tracks Sampler and those songs show up as 24/96 on the DX90, so the DAP isn't the problem - is it possible that the regular discs of Rush Sector 1 are NOT 24/96? And just the songs on the DVD Audio are high resolution?

AARRGGHH

The highest resolution a CD can offer is 16/44. I'm pretty sure the only album in high res is Fly By Night which is on the DVD. You can use DVD Audio Extractor to get the high res stereo off of the DVD. It's not free but does have a 30 day free trial.

I just read the Amazon description and I think it means the albums were transfered at 24/96 and then down sampled to CD quality. HDtracks has all the albums in 24/96 for $35.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back