Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon
Jan 2, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #196 of 603
Well, i believe the signal travels on the skin of the wire so as long as silver coating is fully coated, then your good. The wire discussion is tough out here though and i generally don't get involved. I will say that i personally hear differences though, others use coat hangers and that is their choice-You can go to the sound science forum for their opinions.
wink_face.gif

Jan 2, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #197 of 603
Some people claim that the new Hifiman HE1000 is on par with the Orpheus. So I won't be surprised if Sennheiser releases a new flagship along the lines of the Orpheus, rather than the HD800. 

Jan 2, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #198 of 603
Some people claim that the new Hifiman HE1000 is on par with the Orpheus. So I won't be surprised if Sennheiser releases a new flagship along the lines of the Orpheus, rather than the HD800. 

Yes, senn probably read the messages yesterday afternoon and is working on orpheus 2 since this morning because someone said it was outclassed by the next best thing since sliced bread :)

Jan 2, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #199 of 603
Yes, senn probably read the messages yesterday afternoon and is working on orpheus 2 since this morning because someone said it was outclassed by the next best thing since sliced bread
smily_headphones1.gif

Maybe they are better informed what is going on in the headphone industry than us since they got better connections. They could have known what HifIman was working on perhaps much earlier than yesterday afternoon. 
tongue.gif

Jan 2, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #201 of 603

Based on a meet environment with very open headphones?  More critical listening are needed.

Jan 3, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #202 of 603
It sure looks like Sennheiser will soon announce an HD800 successor, because (I'm talking about Europe):

- Some stores are selling the HD800 with an almost 20% discount, that never happened before. 
- Sennheiser removed the "buy" button for the HD800 in their own webshop. 

where can u get this 20-30% discount?

Jan 7, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #210 of 603
Seem like it is a wireless headphone.

http://en-de.sennheiser.com/ces-2015

Users who are viewing this thread

Back