RUMOR: AIAIAI TMA1 X portable lightweight TMA 1 version
Feb 5, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #31 of 47
Took one day to get it here. They are in my sweaty palms right now and I have a  good opportunity to see how they fare when I DJ friday and saturday. Yay! I'm still shocked that they were 499nok. The old price tag was still on it with a hefty 1599nok. Bliss!

The carhartt-grey colour fits it well. I know they have made a new carhartt model with a different colour scheme, but i like it excactly how it is. 

Feb 5, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #32 of 47
Cool! Would appreciate if you could do a writeup comparing your DJs and the X. Just like me, that left you with 2 pair of headphones for the price you originale wanted to pay for the TMA-1 dj at HIFI klubben... :)

Also you found the best deal in northern Norway on an American forum writing in english. Not bad.. Head-fi beat kelkoo.no og prisguiden.no og Nordlændingan sjøl (the northerners)... hahaha...

Feb 5, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #33 of 47
I might do one when I've warmed them up a bit. And deal-wise I don't think it's restricted to "best deal in northern norway". It's more like "the best deal ever for TMA-1 DJ in the western hemisphere".

And considering I got them by chance reading abt TMA-1 X @head-fi and saw a post by someone mentioning Tromsø and thus  making an account (i've been a non-account lurker for years)  on the sole purpose of mention the 1x and joking about where you had stashed your TMA-1 DJs..

Internet has served me well and much thanks to you for the pointers :)

Mar 7, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #34 of 47
Just a headsup Aiaiai sent a new tma-1X to me last week with "new improved pads". I have yet to test them but when I asked the purpose of the new pads this is their reply:

"The new pads were created to give the headphones more low-end, so that they become a bit more ‘lively’ and, of course, to up the comfort factor. "

Will posts pics and let you know how it goes shortly but they look a bit similar to the existing ones but different materials.

Mar 10, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #35 of 47
That acctually kind of sucks Marcusd.. Aiaia keep releasing unfinished products, and let the consumers do the testing?? Why did they send you new ones in the first place? Did they break or something?

Awaiting your pictures with interest..

Slightly irritated scando here now!!

So they miss on the tma-1 DJ, breaking headbands, then **** up the padding on both the tma-1 x and the capital?? With no answer other than we will fix it for the next round??

HVA FANDEN DRIVER HJER MED??

Mar 13, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #38 of 47
Just replace the TMA-1X's earpad with the TMA-1 DJ leather cushion. The sound is so beautiful! Bass is punchy and deep as TMA-1 but not muddy. Mids and highs are clear and overall sound is smooth and lovely.Funny...........
L3000.gif

Mar 26, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #39 of 47
I ordered the AIAIAI TMA-1X for 80 EUR from Amazon Germany and they arrived today.
Wow they sound good right out of the box! I had difficulties with the Koss Porta Pro, they sounded bad and IMHO unnatural at the beginning.

But the 1X are just WOW.

Not so wow, you have to have very tough ears... They are that uncomfortable. The pads are almost non existent.
Forget to wear glasses with them at all! So when the sun is out, you have to consider something else like the Logitech UE4000, the most comfortable on-ear IMHO.
The UE4000 have unfortunately almost no treble, I don't like their veiled sound at all.

But once again the AIAIAI sounds just wow with electronic music.
Maybe a bit too much bass for my taste, but mids and treble are there and not veiled like on the UE4000.

Now I will compare them to the Koss Porta Pro, UE6000, Creative Aurvana Live!, HD558 and Teufel Aureol real. (Yes I know a mix of closed and opened, I prefer opened).

Mar 26, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #40 of 47
Any idea what the ear pad material is? It doesn't look like the typical pleather material that starts to flake. Is it a more cloth like feel?

Is the cable detachable/ replaceable?

Mar 26, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #45 of 47
I went on amazon.ca to have a look at the price of these thinking they would be $150 Canadian tops. oh no no no vendors are trying to sell them for $350. LOL GTFOH I can get the Young Gurus for that price, or the Focal Spirit Pro. WTH are these people thinking. SMH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back