Rudistor RP33 is home...!!!
Dec 26, 2004 at 9:35 PM Post #91 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by Earwax
Why? Are you building & selling amps now? I suppose that would explain your sudden hostility towards Rudi's amps, but that would also make your comments in this thread rather unethical if you are selling your own stuff.

All hostility is directed at Sovkiller's proclamation that his RP33 is the greatest and everything else is inferior.

Everyone knows my stance on Rudistor products. As a fan and one of the first to own a Rudistor amp - your observation is mildly offensive and funny at the same time.

Whatever...

Dec 26, 2004 at 9:41 PM Post #92 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
All hostility is directed at Sovkiller's proclamation that his RP33 is the greatest and everything else is inferior.

Everyone knows my stance on Rudistor products. As a fan and one of the first to own a Rudistor amp - your observation is mildly offensive and funny at the same time.

Whatever...

You didn't answer my question. Are you planning on building and selling amps?
confused.gif

And your unsupported proclamation that RP33 is not an original design and could be cloned for $300 is indeed a dig at the amp, not at Sov.

Dec 26, 2004 at 9:57 PM Post #93 of 178
Quote:

Whatever...

[size=small]Guru, I never stated such an stupid thing, would you mind to point out where do I stated that the Rudistor amp, nor any other, is the best and that everything is inferior (not pointing out first among the ones I have heard, which make my statement 100% valid) Why did you do such an stupid assumption and generalization, and create all this rough and hostile enviroment, not needed here in head-fi, at all??? [/size]

Honestly to keep on lying will take you even lower along with your credibility and reputation here in headfi, who's gonna buy an amp from you later with such reputation, man, be smart, and very careful, you are playing with fire.....BTW you have posted a bunch of lies here, and in other places also, I have the links, and the posts, if you insist in being hostile, just let me know, I will post all of them to show everybody the kind of person they will deal with, in the future, if finally you get one of those amps to work...But IMO there is no need of that OK? Just end this stupid war here...please!!! You are not going anywhere this way....

Yes Earwax he is selling Dynahi's (making them in Asia) or at least taking orders for them...

Dec 26, 2004 at 10:02 PM Post #94 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by Earwax
You didn't answer my question. Are you planning on building and selling amps?
confused.gif

I cannot answer that question in the forums without circumventing the rules. This is something I prefer not to do at this point of time.

From what I remember of the RP5 - the RP33 has much improved build quality and uses a well-respected pot. I would love to hear the RP6 because I am a HUGE fan of the RP5 as you may already know. But tubes are on the "waiting-list" while I dabble with solid state amps and the RP33 looks very interesting.

Sovkiller's comments obviously incensed me leading to a few remarks which I since regret but I have no doubts about the RP33 itself - I only doubt the legitimacy of his comments when he has not heard a Prehead and doesnt appear to have heard a max...he downright bashes it saying that it is not right for a CD-3000 because "Others say so".

"Others say so" doesnt work in my books - you have to make an educated decision based on what YOUR ears tell you and people who write about these products have to make sure they are being objective and balanced enough to see both sides.

If you see my Rudistor RP5 review - I covered both sides of the story...parts where I felt the Rudistor was lacking also showed up - Rudi did not mind.

In my Woo Audio review I exposed the faults as well as the winning points about that amp. I dont make sweeping statements like SovKiller - This is the BESTESTEST!!! without adequate proof and that, I feel, separates my opinions from theirs.

I am not being pompous or arrogant here - there are people here who's opinions I value and I know I can accept without question. There are people here whose opinions I dont even care to read because I know where they are coming from with their tastes and approach to the hobby.

I cannot comment on my business because it is against the rules of the forums.

Dec 26, 2004 at 10:12 PM Post #95 of 178
Quote:

I cannot answer that question in the forums without circumventing the rules. This is something I prefer not to do at this point of time. ...

... I cannot comment on my business because it is against the rules of the forums.

While I know you are not allowed to advertise here (except in mall-fi) I do believe you are allowed to answer a direct yes/no question on whether you are selling amps. It bears on the ethics of your other comments in this thread.

[edit]
GS has PM'd me that he does indeed have business plans wrt selling amps. I believe that fact needs to be taken into consideration when reading his comments in this thread.

Dec 26, 2004 at 10:23 PM Post #98 of 178
Sovkiller> Can U describe the sound compared to a Rudistor rp5. I am interested in Rudi's approach as in tube design V SS design. I know you like the cd3k but have you tried it with any other headphones as to ascertain it's all round suitablility for a one stop amp which suits most headphones. i.e have you tried them with senn's, r-10's, grado's.

Seeming it is being priced at the upper range of the market then it should be able to perform with a large proprtion of headphones.

I am interested to hear you impressions and thoughts.

Dec 26, 2004 at 10:49 PM Post #99 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Sovkiller> Can U describe the sound compared to a Rudistor rp5. I am interested in Rudi's approach as in tube design V SS design. I know you like the cd3k but have you tried it with any other headphones as to ascertain it's all round suitablility for a one stop amp which suits most headphones. i.e have you tried them with senn's, r-10's, grado's.

Seeming it is being priced at the upper range of the market then it should be able to perform with a large proprtion of headphones.

I also heard this amp is able to beat any amps twice of it's price which is around 2500 USD. So I am really interested in it also. I'd like to hear more impressions especially with the other cans.
From my limited knowledge, dual mono is not a 'new' technology. Xin's supermacro is also designed with dual mono technology. But the bandwidth of RP33 is amazing.

Cheers.

Dec 26, 2004 at 10:51 PM Post #100 of 178
Dual-Mono is not new but is not too common in the headphone amp circle. It has obvious benefits - more power
biggrin.gif
and it has a few problems - channel matching and size of the amp.

But for a home unit - Dual Mono is nice to have.

Dec 26, 2004 at 11:04 PM Post #101 of 178
It seems like quite a stretch to interpret any of gsferrari's posts as being motivated by business considerations. He seems to have responded to something that is all too common here. A new product comes out, someone raves about it as the greatest product ever, and then after a bunch of people buy it, the enthusiasm dies down. The Senn 595 is a good, semi-recent example. However, I don't think this particular instance is any worse than any other time someone has raved about a product. I've learned to take these reviews and impressions with a grain a salt. But I think showing some restraint and further relfection is a good thing for any reviewer.

Dec 26, 2004 at 11:20 PM Post #102 of 178
Quote:

Nope, I only have the CD3000 here, sorry, I can't asure you that it is an all round suitable amp for all headphones (well I also have a protapro, if this serve as a reference...LOL...) but it has two jacks and one of them is for headphones as the HD650 and other not so sensitive cans, I supposed that it was not implemented for funny, and Rudi had tested that, and that it will work well with either load, but for sure, and to be 100% sure, as you need to be, sorry but you will have to wait a few days more, me and Aaron will have an minimeet, and we will have there a few different cans, R-10, Qualias, and maybe a few others (not sure), and we will be in a better possition of describing what this amp is able to do, or not, and I will let him do it, not me, just to show you guys my good faith, if the amp result in a total BS, he will tell you that guys, not me, if he agree of course....

GoRedwings19 sorry I have not heard the RP5, just the RP31, and this one, and unfortunatelly both are SS amps, ask Nik if you like, he may have tried all of them, or maybe felipe his brother...I'm just begining this adventure with the Rudistor amps, first one, now the next in line, honestly I do not need more than the RP33 to be happy, same as the CD3000, unless I hit the lotto....LOL....and knowing by Nik that it is the more similar in sound to the RP010, I'm pretty satisfied with my choise...

Guys this was the first amp in showing up in the US, i will send it to some meets, and it will be reviewed and heard by many people, just wait a few days....the WA seattle meeting is on Jan 15th, the one at Aaron's i NY, is on the 30th, also we will have another one first, so you will have enough elements to judge pretty soon....

I'm not in the position of making a review, as I have no other cans here, and I have not the knowledge of the technical language needed for that, I wish to have the same knowledge as Guru has, but it is not the case at all, but any question according to my knowledge, will be gladly answered...just PM me.

One more remark the soundstage of this amp, is incredible, superior to the RP31, as i stated above, it literally transport you to the studio in front of the musicians in that same room, you could hear everything, claps, switches, hum, static noises from the console, dings on the mikes, everything guys, it is amazing....well at least for me, but as I have not heard the Max, nor the PreHead, nor the Dynahi Guru will sell, that is probably why I'm so attonished....
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Dec 26, 2004 at 11:31 PM Post #103 of 178
Sov - I think it started to go downhill when I questioned your comments in one of your threads. I dont think there is any reason why it should have gone this far or turned this sour. Anyway - this is an apology to everyone who got involved in the fray - Let us all exercise some restraint when we comment about products OR comment about other's comments in the future.

I assure you guys that I am as eager as anyone else to find out more about this amp...I just need this info in measured statements.

Dec 26, 2004 at 11:38 PM Post #104 of 178
Quote:

I am not a man of means, although my tastes are way above what I can afford. A couple of years ago, $1300 would have been in the upper range...but now, I would consider it, a middle of the range headphone amp.
Rudistor's RP6-DQ is about $500 more, and the RP010 is about $4 grand.
The Maestro and Stealth are $3k. A modded Cary, or an Angstrom, or an Egmont is in the same range. You get my point. The amp options are tremendous, now, and so is the price range.
The problem is (and this happened to me), is that when you buy an amp that is built for 1 type of load, when you change cans, you're screwed.
I have not heard the RP33 yet, but one of it's attributes is, that it has 2 headphone jacks for a range of impedences.
GoRedwings19 has a good point of asking "how it sounds, with a variety of cans", because most of us headphone lunatics, have more than one pair of headphones...and will continue to buy and sell, until we find our "perfect" setup.
A money back guarantee, and a risk free at home trial, is a wonderful way, for us to safely try things, other than at meets, for 20 hours, and make proper decisions on expensive purchases.

EDIT: Sorry for the redundancy about the 2 jacks issue, I was writing the post while watching the Jets get killed by the Patriots, and Sovkiller answered while I was in the middle of my reply.

Dec 26, 2004 at 11:45 PM Post #105 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker
The problem is (and this happened to me), is that when you buy an amp that is built for 1 type of load, when you change cans, you're screwed.
I have not heard the RP33 yet, but one of it's attributes is, that it has 2 headphone jacks for a range of impedences.

They are not for different impedences, but for different sensitivity.
confused.gif
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back