Rudistor RP33 is home...!!!
Dec 27, 2004 at 3:11 AM Post #121 of 178
Quote:

BTW Even if I was a New Yorker which I am not. Then I would only support the Islanders. Potvin led them to the promised lands 4 times in the early eighties.........

I was an Islander fan during the Dynasty and from the beginning, when they were an expansion team. Then, I met my wife who had season tickets to the Rangers, and if I wanted sex, I had to convert. After the 1940 curse was over, we moved onto other passions.

Not trying to promote...but according to Ray Samuels, all of his amps, can handle any can, including multiple cans at the same time. He says he designs his amps with that intention.
In the days of the Koss Pro 4AA, a headphone jack with a small opamp circuit was all we had. As consumer's needs change, the designers will be constantly trying to keep up with consumers demands.
We are probably 1% of all audio buyers, and most people, including most of my friends, are perfectly happy with a pair of plastic sealed, off the hanger $15 Panasonic headphones, so, for our sake, thank goodness for Rudi, Mikhail, Ray S., Kevin G., Mr. Meier, and the like...and sellers like Headroom and the Todds. (Sorry if I left anyone out).

Dec 27, 2004 at 7:48 AM Post #122 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by dave-the-rave
Nik,

Have you heard the Sony R10 with the RP33? If so, what's your verdict?
Thanks.
600smile.gif

I confirm what Sovkiller said.

I had the R10 and a lot of amp for them, custom amps like the Angstrom. Then I resolved to change the can when I heard the Omega II for the first time and after a long comparison beteween the two cans.

Thinking to the R10's sound and after the test with he CD3000 I have no doubt that the RP33 will be a perfect match for the R10. The RP010 (I think) even better respect to the Angstrom two box I had.

Best!
Nicola

Dec 27, 2004 at 11:48 AM Post #123 of 178
Sov, I read your thread only now, and I must say I'm very happy for you. I recently bought an Rp3 (that's the only Rudi I can afford) and I'm very happy with it and I will post my impression very soon.

Dec 27, 2004 at 12:37 PM Post #124 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by felipe
congratulations the RP33 is an excellent amplifier!!
I have sold the ear hp4 for the RP33

Hi Felipe!!!

Good to see you here!!!

What's your surname... Gonzales...?!? OLE'!!!
biggrin.gif
600smile.gif

Bye
Andrea

Dec 27, 2004 at 7:30 PM Post #125 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by amartignano
Hi Felipe!!!

Good to see you here!!!

What's your surname... Gonzales...?!? OLE'!!!
biggrin.gif
600smile.gif

Bye
Andrea

No, Felipe is Nik's brother, man, they are Italians, so I don't think that their surname is Gonzalez.....
biggrin.gif
.......anyway the ex-president will be really honoured of having a brother with that gear and those wonderful headphones around...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Dec 27, 2004 at 11:09 PM Post #127 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
It would be so cool if there was an amp that was a compromise for a variety of headphones. Maybe audio designer should consider building an all purpose amp than rather than making one amp geared round one headphone.

Well to be on the safe side, and to make my answers a little bit more solid, I contancted Rudi for some answers, here is more or less the asnwer he gave me, about the performance with different impedances of the RP series....

"...The RP’s are all Class A current output amps, due to the hi-dumping factor of this topology, those amplifier are “transparent” (or insensitive) to diferent impedances, and can drive easily any load from 16 to 600 ohms. So no there is absolutelly no problems with the impedance.

The two output jacks were adopted in order to accomodate and make more comfortable the volume adjustments with different efficiency transducers, so on both hi and low sensitivity cans, the normal listening level is reached with volume at about 50% of pot turn...."

Hope this helps now, and you will be more confident on the RP33 impedance issue....Anyway we will test it, to be on the safe side and report back to you guys....

Another topic we discuss was the RR88 which has nothng to do here in this thread, but as Guru post about the subject and posibility of using it with the K-1000, i will contact him about that to see if he had done nay tests with the amp, let's see,

In principle it could work, but maybe it may require to change the output transformer to properly match the 120 ohms impedance.

Dec 28, 2004 at 8:32 AM Post #128 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
No, Felipe is Nik's brother, man, they are Italians,
biggrin.gif

I know!!! I'm italian to and I'm a friend of Nik... my question was a joke
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
600smile.gif

Bye
Andrea

Dec 29, 2004 at 10:45 AM Post #129 of 178
Quote:

I know!!! I'm italian to and I'm a friend of Nik... my question was a joke
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
600smile.gif

Bye
Andrea

hello Andrea! the Nik friend is friend also of Felipe obviously. Very found here Andrea!!!
biggrin.gif

Dec 29, 2004 at 11:15 AM Post #130 of 178
"Very found" to you!
tongue.gif
600smile.gif

[TRANSLATION MODE ON]
"Very found" --> "Molto trovato"
[TRANSLATION MODE OFF]

Sorry... I was not able to control this... I will not do this anymore
tongue.gif

We are waiting for your impressions about the MDR-SA5000, hope they will arrive soon.

Bye
Andrea

Dec 29, 2004 at 2:34 PM Post #131 of 178
Quote:

"Very found" to you!
tongue.gif
600smile.gif

Sorry... I was not able to control this... I will not do this anymore
tongue.gif

We are waiting for your impressions about the MDR-SA5000, hope they will arrive soon.

Bye
Andrea

sure! I hope that the can arrives soon.
Bye Filippo
tongue.gif

Jan 3, 2005 at 3:29 AM Post #132 of 178
Well the last email from Rudi confirmed that the RP88 is good match for the K-1000, he said in other words, that he had tested the RR88 with K1000. The power was more than needed, with great soundstage and good bass (normally the big problem with the K-1000)

A very good combination according to this, IMO....Well another option for the K-1000 guys!!!!
k1000smile.gif
k1000smile.gif

Jan 3, 2005 at 12:26 PM Post #134 of 178
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chisum
Hey Sov,

what about feeding us the people with some more RP33 listening impressions? Should be fully burned in right now...

Me hungry!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Chisum, all I can tell you, is that I absolutelly love it, yesterday I was listening some S.R.V. live recordings, and the way it recreates the ambience of the place, the acoustic is simply amazing, you feel the flaws i nthe recording as well as the sound in the air, it's unique, you literally feel that you are listening a live concert, you feel the space around you, the three dimmnesional sound, the people besides you in the audience, etc in a very particular and unique way.....I arranged a private mini-meeting for this coming weekend with Aaron, we will have more impressions by then....I preefer that he will post some, this monologue is becoming bored...LOL...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back