Rudistor realeased a new flagship amp
Mar 31, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #76 of 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin gilmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think that the insides of the bellatone need some work, and yes i have seen
all of the "secret" pictures. At least 3 different people sent them to me asking
my opinion.

For the record, I asked that the people who I did send the preliminary internal pictures to via e-mail (which was primarily other members and manufacturers) not to disclose them to anyone until I took better quality pictures of the final product, so that just goes to show you the respect of some members and manufacturers around here and I've narrowed it down to the ones who obviously did just that.  Obviously I'll never make that mistake again.

And what is the purpose of you designing a board to fit my chassis, other than being deliberately rude and immature?  Who else is going to be personally making an identical chassis (which they couldn't do anyway without the CAD files)?

I think a list should be posted of all the manufacturers you continually trash talk.  It's really sad that a man of your age and skill gets pleasure out of such things, when instead you could be humble and maybe earn some shred of respect from the many manufactures and countless members that despise you.

Mar 31, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #77 of 172

Quote:
I think a list should be posted of all the manufacturers you continually trash talk.  It's really sad that a man of your age and skill gets pleasure out of such things, when instead you could be humble and maybe earn some shred of respect from the many manufactures and countless members that despise you.

Posting such a list would be useful, but maybe not for the reason you intend. 

I don't have the technical chops to pick a dog in this fight so I have to determine who has greater credibility.  In addition to the fact that I have been reading about KG designs since starting in the hobby, I also have to ask who is trying to make a buck. 

Mar 31, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #78 of 172
Here's the only question that matters to me. Will the bellatone still sound like a beta 22, or will it sound much better? For the price the end result should sound a lot and I mean I lot better. If it still sounds like a well built beta 22, then I think It's rediculous to build something for an insane amount of money that still sounds like something you could get for thousands less. But if it blows a well built beta out of the water, then that's a different story. Instead of going on about how much had to be invested in cases, tell us why it's going to sound significantly better than the many beta 22's already in extistence. I've seen some beta's with really nice casework that has the build quality of a tank. So if the bellatone is going to cost 10,000-15,000.00 then tell us about the sonic improvments it's going to bring over a well built beta 22. Like I said, if it sounds like a 15,000.00 amp, then that's fine. But if it doesn't, then well......

Mar 31, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #79 of 172
Having given this some thought, I have a bit of a reflection on it.  While I am not familiar with RudiStor's products, I am very much familiar with the beta22 having built a few of them.  Thing is, a beta22 (and the beta24 for that matter) are such excellent amps that 'real' manufacturers probably would charge a great deal for them.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they would sell for >$10,000 USD.  The fact of the matter is DIY of all sorts grants those that can do it, and their immediate beneficiaries some great benefits.  In particular of course, a price/performance that typically cannot be produced in the commercial world, even in the Far East.  Heck, I suspect even products like the LCD-2 are unlikely to survive in their current state for much longer.

My 1c

Apr 1, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #80 of 172

Quote:
i'll be going later today(thur).  wanna come
evil_smiley.gif
.  i'll be going to Jackie's place after, with t5p of course

Nice chatting yesterday:)

Apr 1, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #81 of 172

Quote:
There is a demo unit in the HongKong show room, maybe you can just go and have a look. But beware, the system there is not as good as yours and seem to be perform not as good as yours Ear909.

Tried it, shocked me
biggrin.gif

I think 030 is very good but not extremely. IMHO, though, don't plug your MD1 pro to it, bad combination.

There is a slight problem with this 030.  Earphones "pop" when plugging to it, even 600 ohm T1. When plugging MD1 to it, I heard the "pop" sound without even putting them on.

Apr 1, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #82 of 172
Out of topic...can someone point me out what is a T2? It looks vigorous, very interesting.

Apr 1, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #84 of 172
Yes, the pop sound is really a problem that's seem not avoidable. As switching the standby mode also cause the pop sound. And minimized vol still no improve. I think Dr. Rudi should know it and fix it soon, maybe....

Apr 1, 2011 at 4:08 AM Post #85 of 172
When switching to standby, my head exploded
basshead.gif
, and that was with T1.

Apr 1, 2011 at 5:48 AM Post #86 of 172

I see. Thanks, buddy.

Quote:
An electrostatic headphone amplifier, the best ever.  Made by Stax years ago and built by some serious DIYers recently.

Apr 1, 2011 at 6:42 AM Post #87 of 172

Quote:
While some of what you say may be true, i'm one of a number of people still repairing
singlepower things more than 2 years later. The amount of money people lost on
product never delivered, and product that failed is staggering. To that end, when i
see products that are of dubious quality and are seriously overpriced it frustrates
me not to speak up.  There is plenty of high quality product out there that goes
unnoticed because of the lack of hyper inflated rhetoric by fanboys.

Just because it looks pretty on the outside does not mean the quality inside
matches the appearance. If you want something that looks pretty, then buy
B&O.

If you think that the same parts in a fancy chassis are going to magically
sound wonderful and better, then think again, and go and buy B&O.

A used Firstwatt will blow the doors off of a rp030 at half the price. And balanced
too. Instead of the same old thing over and over at higher and higher prices.
Seriously you need to hear a firstwatt on difficult to drive headphones and
you can still use it as a speaker amp if you have high efficiency speakers.

I think that the insides of the bellatone need some work, and yes i have seen
all of the "secret" pictures. At least 3 different people sent them to me asking
my opinion.

I'm going to lay out a board that matches the chassis better, then get Ti's
approval, then give away the layout. The motorised dac thing needs to be
replaced with Ti's new high resolution digital attenuator which is way
superior for high powered amplifiers like the B22.

So True!!

Kevin forgive my ignorance but you say that the Firstwatt will blow the doors off of a rp030 at half the price. And balanced
too. 
Are you referring to using the Firstwatt with AGK k1000's? Or are you saying it can be "converted" to a balanced headphone amp?

Apr 1, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #88 of 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by complin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Kevin forgive my ignorance but you say that the Firstwatt will blow the doors off of a rp030 at half the price. And balanced
too. 
Are you referring to using the Firstwatt with AGK k1000's? Or are you saying it can be "converted" to a balanced headphone amp?

I'm not Kevin, but...

The only First Watt amp that would qualify as a balanced headphone amp would be the F1/F1J.

You'd have to either terminate your headphone cable with spades/bananas or make an adapter cable to convert from spades/bananas to your favorite flavor of balanced connector.

Also, since the F1/F1J are straight power amps, you'd have to make provisions for volume control, either building it into the F1/F1J chassis or using a separate unit.

Finally, the F1/F1J are current source amplifiers and have output impedances of 80 and 60 ohms respectively. So you'd have to make sure that your headphones will work well with a high source impedance.

se

Apr 1, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #89 of 172
Steve has it exactly right. Spade lugs to your choice of pair of 3 pin xlr, a 4 pin xlr, or something else like a 4 pin din. Optional switch box
in between if you want to also use speakers.  I use a preamp, so i have a volume knob, but passive volume controls work great.
The F1J is perfect for he6's or lcd2's. But actually works great with hd800's. If you like the sound signature of balanced single ended, this
works great.

Apr 1, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #90 of 172
It's also pretty easy to do a balanced F5 if you are so inclined.  Install some nice transformers, a bias supply and it can also drive your Stax headphones. 

Quote:
The cover's just strung between the two sides like a hammock with nothing supporting it in the middle?

se

On this first prototype that is how we did it.  This box was fabbed for just as a prototype with no intention of ever becoming a working amp.  Once I'm happy with the correct size, right finish and all the parts fit perfectly then we'll make the production boxes. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back