Sep 2, 2010 at 10:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

TheMiddleSky

Headphoneus Supremus
Rudistor IMD-3

1. [size=x-small]Headphone type: MagnetoDynamics semi closed[/size]
  2. [size=x-small]Impedance: 32 Ohm[/size]
  3. [size=x-small]Transducers: Neodimium/Mylar 15mm[/size]
  4. [size=x-small]Frequency response: 15Hz - 25Khz[/size]
  5. [size=x-small]Sensitivity: 1[/size][size=x-small]12 d[/size][size=x-small]B[/size]
  6. Price MSRP: US$160

So anyone ever tried it? it comes from Rudistor, so I guess it'll be a really good IEM 
biggrin.gif

Sep 2, 2010 at 10:11 AM Post #2 of 20
I tried a fresh new pair when it first arrived at Jaben a few days ago. It has sound signature similar to Radius DDM, with a little more bass and a little less treble. It  probably requires some burn-in so it is hard to tell how good it is going to be.

Sep 2, 2010 at 10:17 AM Post #3 of 20
That kind of housing is not one I would like to have in an earphone after experiencing the DDM the past week or so. It does look like the nozzle is shorter so might have a better fit.

Sep 2, 2010 at 10:23 AM Post #4 of 20
The housing is almost a direct clone of Sony MDR-EX700, but with a slightly thicker center. As like the EX700, fitting should not be a big issue. It definitely fit better than DDM as I tried both at the same time.

Quote:
That kind of housing is not one I would like to have in an earphone after experiencing the DDM the past week or so. It does look like the nozzle is shorter so might have a better fit.

Sep 2, 2010 at 10:38 AM Post #5 of 20
Tried it just now at jaben. Shockingly this iem appears very similar to the sony ex series based on the housing and l/r indicator. Sounds bassy(subwooferish) similar to the cks90/ddm. However, the fit wins the ddm. Kind of reminds me of the ebs, with a cleaner feel.

Sep 3, 2010 at 9:14 AM Post #6 of 20

Quote:
I tried a fresh new pair when it first arrived at Jaben a few days ago. It has sound signature similar to Radius DDM, with a little more bass and a little less treble. It  probably requires some burn-in so it is hard to tell how good it is going to be.

unfortunetly I never heard the Radius too... 
frown.gif

Quote:
Tried it just now at jaben. Shockingly this iem appears very similar to the sony ex series based on the housing and l/r indicator. Sounds bassy(subwooferish) similar to the cks90/ddm. However, the fit wins the ddm. Kind of reminds me of the ebs, with a cleaner feel.

how about compare it to cks70?

so the basic sound sig is bassy I guess?

and how about the isolation and leak sound? from what I know, semi IEM has bad isolation and leak a lot

Sep 3, 2010 at 10:08 AM Post #9 of 20
It is similar to CKS70 as both are bass driven, but IMD-3 should has a lighter, thiner sound in the mid IIRC.

Quote:
how about compare it to cks70?

Sep 3, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #11 of 20
damn this looks very interesting. If the big driver is implemented correctly like the DDM (and unlike sony) this could really be something

Sep 22, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #14 of 20
Listening to it.............................first impression is, um, this:
confused.gif

Sep 22, 2010 at 2:24 PM Post #15 of 20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back