RSA The Lightning F-35, fully balanced portable amp Review: 35 more F-35 amps at intro price . . .
Jun 18, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #17 of 261
....and a photo or two would be nice......lol

Jun 19, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #18 of 261
Quote:
I see you also have a 71B.  Would you buy the Lightning over the SR-71B?  I would like to own an RSA amp, but now I'm not sure which should be my first purchase...

The Lightning is only balanced output. So if you are going to go balanced only then why not. It is smaller and excellent sounding. 

I will post some images later comparing it in size to the 3rd Anv Hisoundaudio dap, which is also small. They are almost the same size. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #19 of 261
Quote:
The Lightning is only balanced output. So if you are going to go balanced only then why not. It is smaller and excellent sounding. 

I will post some images later comparing it in size to the 3rd Anv Hisoundaudio dap, which is also small. They are almost the same size. 

As far as the amp sections, which would you prefer? Is the Lightning on the same level, difference in signatures?

Jun 19, 2013 at 6:20 AM Post #20 of 261
Quote:
As far as the amp sections, which would you prefer? Is the Lightning on the same level, difference in signatures?

I haven't had it long and I am still letting it burn in but it is on the same level as the Intruder. I will have to have more time to compare to see if there are any differences in sound or to what degree. It is very, very transparent. Excellent sound and I love the size. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #23 of 261
Quote:
Looks like almost the same size of the Predator then, maybe a tiny bit longer?.
Looking forward to your pics compared with the HSA Studio.

Same size but about 4mm longer. Small and very powerful but totally refine. Right and left volume control absolutely matched. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #24 of 261
Quote:
I haven't had it long and I am still letting it burn in but it is on the same level as the Intruder. I will have to have more time to compare to see if there are any differences in sound or to what degree. It is very, very transparent. Excellent sound and I love the size. 

Thats pretty impressive, looks like a very nice little amp - I want one! Paired with something like the C3 or the ak100 would be a killer little setup.

Jun 19, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #25 of 261
Makes me wish I had more balanced headphones...

Jun 19, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #27 of 261
Quote:
Thats pretty impressive, looks like a very nice little amp - I want one! Paired with something like the C3 or the ak100 would be a killer little setup.

It is almost exactly the same length as the AK100 but narrower by about 6 or 7 mm, approx. 1/2 inch. A great pairing by the way. 
Quote:
It would be good to know what are optimal phones/monitors that would work with the Lightning.  Any thoughts?

With the power it delivers you could use the LCD-3 or 2, many headphones of assorted types, IEM's as it is dead quiet. It is neutral, IMO, so it really is up to what the source puts out and how the headphones are that are used, bright, warm, etc. It drives with authority without question. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #28 of 261
sooo....any news on the price?

If we're gonna have to start playing the guessing game, I'd say the price will be $450-$475.
size]

Jun 21, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #30 of 261
we need moar!!!! (I don't mail ray samuel because I imagine 300 other people already did asking about this amp and the guy is so polite he will probably answer every single one and lose one week of his life on it)

same 3D imaging (good depth) as other balanced RSA?  what about EMI / RFI ? price related will it stand between protector and sr71B? but more important, WHEN?

thx jamato, I'm jealous but grateful :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back