RSA The Lightning F-35, fully balanced portable amp Review: 35 more F-35 amps at intro price . . .
Jun 22, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #31 of 261
Quote:
It is almost exactly the same length as the AK100 but narrower by about 6 or 7 mm, approx. 1/2 inch. A great pairing by the way. 

I'm anxious for pictures of this pairing jamato8.  Now with Red Wine Audio's "S" mod, which takes the AK100's volume knob away, I'm guessing these two would make for a wicked pairing.

Pics pretty please.....

Jun 24, 2013 at 3:54 AM Post #32 of 261
Quote:

I'm anxious for pictures of this pairing jamato8.  Now with Red Wine Audio's "S" mod, which takes the AK100's volume knob away, I'm guessing these two would make for a wicked pairing.

Pics pretty please.....

Will get soon. The pairing is excellent, when the AK100 has the 22ohm resistor bypassed. I am listening to the combo to Jackie Leven, Barefoot Days. I can't imagine anything better, that is how good The Lightening is, IMO. Balanced into my ESW10 JPN with the Whiplash TWag v3 OM. Hard to describe the intricacy of the sound and fluid presentation. 

Jun 27, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #33 of 261
Whomever said "No news is good news", obviously wasn't curious about this RSA amp...

Jun 29, 2013 at 1:22 AM Post #35 of 261
Jun 29, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #37 of 261
Quote:
IKR!!! Sound so much better then the Protector. Just hope u didnt waste cash buying the SR71B since i exclusively use RSA's balanced out....

Waste cash? That is an odd statement. The 71B uses a balanced out and a single ended. And there are several companies using the balanced out connector of the RSA amps. They are easy to use, easy to solder/make up, have a long lifespan and are light weight. 

Jun 30, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #39 of 261
Quote:
Waste cash? That is an odd statement. The 71B uses a balanced out and a single ended. And there are several companies using the balanced out connector of the RSA amps. They are easy to use, easy to solder/make up, have a long lifespan and are light weight. 

I'm assuming "wasting cash" is a reference to the price difference between the 71B and the Lightning.  He doesn't need single ended output...

Jun 30, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #40 of 261
Not wanting to pay for features you will not necessarily use is fine but 3.5mm headphone out is such a normal standard it is a strange angle to take. Highly doubt a person can have NO single ended headphones left. Such a thing as taking this hobby too far imo

Jun 30, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #42 of 261
Quote:
Not wanting to pay for features you will not necessarily use is fine but 3.5mm headphone out is such a normal standard it is a strange angle to take. Highly doubt a person can have NO single ended headphones left. Such a thing as taking this hobby too far imo

I found it intriguing that using a SE-balanced adaptor won't work too. Oh well :frowning2:

Jul 2, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #43 of 261
Quote:

Pics pretty please.....

Yep +1 for me too

Jul 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #44 of 261
Quote:

That is not an odd statement at all. Not everyone gets free samples like you do.  I can't speak for him, but it sounded like he was unsure of his SR71-B purchase and how it would compare against this Lightning model. It is only natural for those who might need to save up for our expensive purchases to question if we have made the right choice.  We don't even have a price estimation for the Lightning, who knows if it will be priced more like the Protector.  If I tossed more than half a thousand dollars on something that might be obsolete now, I'd be pretty ticked off.  That is excellent grounds to question an SR71-B purchase. 

Jul 3, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #45 of 261
For whatever it's worth Ray Samuels told me that since I had the SR71B I didn't need the Lightning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back