RSA Predator and Protector
Jun 15, 2010 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

whitemeteor

New Head-Fier
Hi, everyone, I am new in this forum. I have two questions about predator and protector, having not results after searching. Therefore I started start this thread.

I am using SONY D50 to enjoy music (wav files). Recently I want to buy a portable amp to pair with D50 (using the lineout). I have tried several RSA protable amps, including Hornet, P-51, SR-71A and predator. To me, the predator is the most suitable. What I want to ask is which is better, the predator and the protector. For the protector, I've heard that even the single-end mode is better than other amps like P-51 and so on. If it is better than predator, then I may go for protector.

Besides, if I order protector from RSA directly, can I still get the balanced cable now? It will be a problem to me if I have to recable the headphones, while the balanced cable is not included.

Hope you may give me some advices, thank you.

Jun 15, 2010 at 9:51 AM Post #2 of 2
While the Protector is an ok amp single ended there are better options for the price so the Protector really is only appliccable if you intend to go balanced and to use it balanced you will need to recable you phones if they don't have 4 wires all the way in the stock cable or if they do yuo can get away with just reterminating them. The is no converter cable that will let you get balanced on a phone that has single ended termination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back