RSA **Predator** A review in stages ** With some "NEW" images on 1st and page 64 . . .
Feb 2, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #661 of 723
Hey Jamato8 one quick questions. Where did you get that case and how can I order one?

Feb 3, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #662 of 723
It depends upon where you are. I got it at REI. It is a Lowepro apex 20 AW. It even has a little cover that can pop out and cover the case to make is water proof!

Feb 3, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #663 of 723
Thanks so much for the reply. I will have to order one. Thanks again really enjoy all your postings and the way you so willingly share your knowledge.

Feb 26, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #665 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by LionPlushie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry for bumping this thread but jamato, how does it compare to the Xin Reference now that both are well-burned in?

I don't know as I haven't heard the latest Reference. My Reference is a number of generations old now, which can happen over a few months. :^)

The Reference has always been very open sounding. I would like to hear the latest version but I am not sure what that is. If it, the Reference, continues down the same path, I would expect the Reference to sound a little more open when compared to the Predator. But that is speculation. Also, I find that if the Predator is left on all the time, it sounds its best and is very enjoyable.

Feb 27, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #666 of 723
how about the bass from reference compare to predator?

thinking of getting either a reference or predator. by the way im a basshead.
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #667 of 723
I don't know, I haven't heard the latest Reference. It has always been clean and not emphasized but I can't say on the newest Reference as I haven't heard it.

May 27, 2011 at 9:00 AM Post #669 of 723

Hello jamato8,
I wanted to ask an opinion on the Predator only with respect to the analog section (excluding the function DAC) would like to know if the analog section is excellent as the DAC section. Also how is the sound quality , for example, versus the P-51 Mustang.
Thanks.

May 27, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #670 of 723

Quote:

Hello jamato8,
I wanted to ask an opinion on the Predator only with respect to the analog section (excluding the function DAC) would like to know if the analog section is excellent as the DAC section. Also how is the sound quality , for example, versus the P-51 Mustang.
Thanks.

The Predator is very smooth and analog like. The P-51 takes this up a notch with more dynamics and bass control. 

May 28, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #671 of 723

Hello Jamato8,
I thank you for giving me reply. But since I use the translator of google, I do not think I understood your answer. Do you mean that the P-51 has more dynamic and more bass control? You can give one vote for make me understand? For example:
Sound quality from analog input:
Predator: 9
P-51: 10
I understand you correctly?

May 28, 2011 at 5:59 AM Post #672 of 723

Quote:

Hello Jamato8,
I thank you for giving me reply. But since I use the translator of google, I do not think I understood your answer. Do you mean that the P-51 has more dynamic and more bass control? You can give one vote for make me understand? For example:
Sound quality from analog input:
Predator: 9
P-51: 10
I understand you correctly?

Yes. 

May 28, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #674 of 723
All I know is what I hear. Why ask me if you already have the answer?

May 28, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #675 of 723

Because they are a repair technician, mechanical and electronic. 
I always look for logical answers. 
I asked Ray Samuels that there were differences between the Predator and the P-51. He answered that the two amplifiers are identical to components and quality. So it is logical that they should have the same sound quality. 
However, I think, it is likely that if you have implemented some differences in favor of the P-51, these can be caused by tolerances of the specific examples you heard. Most likely, listening to another Predator in comparison with another P-51, the result could be different. Even reversed. 
Do not you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back