RSA **Predator** A review in stages ** With some "NEW" images on 1st and page 64 . . .
May 28, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #676 of 723
Mar 28, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #678 of 723
Sorry to revive this thread, but is this amp still relevant???

Mar 29, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #679 of 723
That is up to you and your ears. I guess it is relevant enough to revive the thread. :^)

Apr 24, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #680 of 723
Thank you for everyone for sharing your experience.
It was this forum that mainly led me to buy one rsa predator.
Sorry for the off,
But I got a probem I wonder maybe someone can help me.
I bought the rsa predator second hand, that time I didn't have a hifi headphone so I tried with a skullcandy aviator it seemd okay together.
A few days later I bought a sennheiser hd650.
When I try to use on hi gain with line out and I turn a volume up it's just around 65% there is a creaking sound.
Especially the deep section suffers.
I tooke the amp apart and as I saw the on battery; replacement for ipod 3rd generation.
Is that his battery?
Thanks in advance.

Apr 24, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #681 of 723
Quote:
Thank you for everyone for sharing your experience.
It was this forum that mainly led me to buy one rsa predator.
Sorry for the off,
But I got a probem I wonder maybe someone can help me.
I bought the rsa predator second hand, that time I didn't have a hifi headphone so I tried with a skullcandy aviator it seemd okay together.
A few days later I bought a sennheiser hd650.
When I try to use on hi gain with line out and I turn a volume up it's just around 65% there is a creaking sound.
Especially the deep section suffers.
I tooke the amp apart and as I saw the on battery; replacement for ipod 3rd generation.
Is that his battery?
Thanks in advance.

The Predator was designed for low impedance headphones & IEMs. When pairing it with HD600, 300 ohms, high impedance headphones, the battery voltage, 3.7, is not sufficient enough to play at "high gain" the headphones that was not designed for that's why you get that clipping noise. If you want the amp that can do HD600 well, the the Intruder is the answer.
Ray Samuels

Apr 25, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #683 of 723
Quote:
Thank you the information.
(I am ashamed)
I think I try to buy something desktop amp/dac.

A great portable headphone and one that works well with the Predator are the Koss PortaPros. There are simple modifications to the portapros that open up the sound from them more. To me, they are an exceptional bargain and a great portable phone for little money. They are better than many phones costing much more and hold up better and. . . they come with a lifetime warranty that Koss stands behind. 

Jun 7, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #685 of 723
Hello Ray, If you are there, I was wondering what you think about the JH13Pro and Predator pairing?

Jun 24, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #687 of 723
Hi

I just jumped for a sennheiser IE80 that was a clearance at the shop.
With the RSA just so sweet....
Actually I like better than my HD 650 (ok I don't have a proper dac yet) and the portability is a huge + for me.
So just thanks for those guys who's wrote about that amp/dac. They lead me to buy :)

Aug 9, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #689 of 723
Just this one. Don't know why there isn't more input. The one constant is change.

May 14, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #690 of 723
Zombie alert... I recently purchased a Predator, tried to hook it up to my iPod 6 with a CCK and got the dreaded, "The connected USB device requires too much power" message.

Please tell me there is a solution other than added a powered hub to the already unwieldy cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back