RSA MUSTANG P-51 . little amp BIG sound . image 1, 28, 30, 55, 59, 61 Reviews, 30, 34 . Post images . Monitors pg 1
Feb 12, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #811 of 1,220
Ipod Nano3 8GB+ ALO SXC 18G dock cable +Mustang....
I'm really stonished with this little amp.
What's great amp.
I have a top sound (medium position) with GS1000.
I owned it since 2 months ago (nearly 500 hours), and each time i listen it, it's a new pleasure.

Feb 12, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #812 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rico67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ipod Nano3 8GB+ ALO SXC 18G dock cable +Mustang....
I'm really stonished with this little amp.
What's great amp.
I have a top sound (medium position) with GS1000.
I owned it since 2 months ago (nearly 500 hours), and each time i listen it, it's a new pleasure.

I'm still in the burn in process, how do you compare the Mustang to Hornet?

Feb 12, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #813 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm still in the burn in process, how do you compare the Mustang to Hornet?

I can't say that Mustang is better or not compare to Hornet.
For me they sound different and i love the 2.
Just can say that Mustang is just more "Neutral".
I prefer use Mustang with Westone 3 and when i use regular Ipods (essentialy my nano 3G)
When i listen Imod and Pvcaps, i prefer the warm sound of my Hornet (non M).

Feb 13, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #814 of 1,220
Quote:

Do you have the low profile version? Does Mustang have any room to use the right angle mini?

The one that I ordered is low profile. I can let you know how it fits once it arrives - hopefully early next week.

Feb 13, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #815 of 1,220
Quote:

He did sent me pics on the low profile LOD but I'm not sure it can fit the P-51. Where are you in Boston? I'm in Cambridge.

Yes, I also got lots of pictures from qusp, and went ahead and ordered one of his LOD cables. But, I regret I did. You can read about my experience on the feedback I've left here, page 2: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f12/qu...57/index2.html

However, in all fairness, mine is the only serious negative feedback post he's got so far out of 15.

You can get a very decent LOD cable on eBay from seller awwan for $33.95 or from seller bassel-e for $43.60, both including shipping - and both are well built, nice looking and good sounding. I've had both and sold one. The cable from awwan cable is more flexible and 2 inches smaller. Both are reputable eBay sellers with lots of items sold (800+ & 2000+ respectively) and 100% feedback.

The cable I ordered from qusp cost $78, was faulty, and when it did work sounded just as good as the eBay ones I mentioned above.

My suggestion to you or anyone is to be very careful who you purchase from and also very careful about purchasing expensive gear, where in some instances something cheaper (not cheap) will be just as good, without all the hype of more expensive stuff that generally comes with fancy jargon, which often happens to be an effective marketing tool.

That being said, I've had the Mustang for over a month now, and I'm very happy with that purchase and excellent service from Ray. Also very happy with my Westone 3, where after having a problem with a faulty cable, Westone have gone out of their way to send me a brand new unit, which should be here in a couple of days - fantastic sounding IEMs, IMO

Feb 13, 2009 at 4:56 AM Post #816 of 1,220
Quote:

X2, I was totally amazing on how the P-51 handle my HD600. Listening to Diana Krall, it seems like she is singing in front of me. The soundstage is not as wide as my desktop amp but for an amp this size, it really amazes me.

Mustang/AD900 - can you please elaborate a little more? I'm consider getting either AD900 or AD1000.

Well I've had the Mustang for about two months now (300+ Hrs.). Recently aquired AD900 from a fellow Head-Fier in mint condition 10/10 w/300 Hrs. on them as well. First impression, was very good as they seemed to have a very good chemistry, synergy is definitely there. I was worried that they wouldn't have enough detail, as I'm a bit of a percussion-lover, but this is not the case. In fact, highs were very clear and airy, just beautifully rendered. Mids were very lush, perhaps just a touch warm yet still very neutral in it's overall presentation. Bass, at least through the Mustang is very well-balanced, tight and punchy, fast and accurate. Simply just a joy to listen to, as the Music flows out of it so effortlessly, so naturallly, pure liquidity. I mainly listen to Jazz, though I did listen to Eric Clapton 461 Ocean Boulevard, some Sade/Norah Jones/Jack Johnson/Bob Marley/Rush/Primus, just to test it's versatility w/other genres, and it did very well. I must admit they are quite revealing, and You will definitely know when a recording is bad, well not really bad, but just not as good as you thought it was. And I'm not talking about bad rips, low-bitrate mp3s & m4as. I only use ALAC files and can easily hear the differences. But then again, that suits Me just fine, as I prefer to hear it as the artist intended. Highly Recommended. Good Luck.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Feb 13, 2009 at 7:49 AM Post #817 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headphile808 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^Nice. Yep the micro-sized P-51 Mustang never ceases to amaze me. I agree, mids are a strongsuit just flows beautifully. Actually preferring it over the Lisa III, now that's a huge statement, impressive indeed. Did you find it to be too sterile in it's presentation, not as musically involving? I am enjoying Mustang/AD900 combo, and working on MD2000.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Huge statement indeed. I did not find the Lisa sterile, just that its midrange and tonality didn't do it for me.

I am new to headphones, my listening in the past are mainly with speakers. If I am reading these recent posts correctly, the Mustang sound decent enough and can drive some load as well. Help me understand this: what then do I gain from going to a good full sized headamp ? I am thinking of the Rudistor RPX-33...

Feb 13, 2009 at 1:54 PM Post #818 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headphile808 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I've had the Mustang for about two months now (300+ Hrs.). Recently aquired AD900 from a fellow Head-Fier in mint condition 10/10 w/300 Hrs. on them as well. First impression, was very good as they seemed to have a very good chemistry, synergy is definitely there. I was worried that they wouldn't have enough detail, as I'm a bit of a percussion-lover, but this is not the case. In fact, highs were very clear and airy, just beautifully rendered. Mids were very lush, perhaps just a touch warm yet still very neutral in it's overall presentation. Bass, at least through the Mustang is very well-balanced, tight and punchy, fast and accurate. Simply just a joy to listen to, as the Music flows out of it so effortlessly, so naturallly, pure liquidity. I mainly listen to Jazz, though I did listen to Eric Clapton 461 Ocean Boulevard, some Sade/Norah Jones/Jack Johnson/Bob Marley/Rush/Primus, just to test it's versatility w/other genres, and it did very well. I must admit they are quite revealing, and You will definitely know when a recording is bad, well not really bad, but just not as good as you thought it was. And I'm not talking about bad rips, low-bitrate mp3s & m4as. I only use ALAC files and can easily hear the differences. But then again, that suits Me just fine, as I prefer to hear it as the artist intended. Highly Recommended. Good Luck.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Thanks for the info, how does Diana Krall sound on Mustang with AD900? I use HD600 and to me it seems like smaller soundstage when I compare to Mustang to Blackbird. I do agree the mid is definitely a stronger on Mustang.

Feb 13, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #819 of 1,220
Quote:

Thanks for the info, how does Diana Krall sound on Mustang with AD900? I use HD600 and to me it seems like smaller soundstage when I compare to Mustang to Blackbird. I do agree the mid is definitely a stronger on Mustang.

I think the mids of the Mustang is definitely a strongsuit, as all vocals have such naturalness to them, such realism. Soundstage on the AD900 is huge, wide-open w/pinpoint-accuracy, excellent spatial-imaging w/good sense of height and depth as well. Truly gives you an out-of-head experience. I've been throwing a lot different types of music at the 900s: Miles Davis/John Coltrane/Pink Floyd/Steely Dan/System Of A Down/Beck/Radiohead, and it's passing everything w/flying colors. Haven't tried playing a FPS with these yet, just Music so far, but I can already tell that the soundstage is going to make for some accurate fragging. Good Luck.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Feb 21, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #820 of 1,220
I find that D. Krall on the phones I have is very fine on the P-51. There is a real jump factor to the music.

Feb 23, 2009 at 2:17 PM Post #821 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find that D. Krall on the phones I have is very fine on the P-51. There is a real jump factor to the music.

For some reason, I kinda prefer SR-71A when I listening to Diana Krall over P51.

Feb 23, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #822 of 1,220
It is great to have choices. :^)

Feb 27, 2009 at 9:59 AM Post #823 of 1,220
so hows it fit on the mustang jesse?? any pics yet? i'm keen to see how it went because the mustang is such a small unit with bugger-all room.

and hey music_4321 he's already seen my feedback thread I think. I recommend it; I post a link in every PM and its on the bottom of my sig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back