RSA MUSTANG P-51 . little amp BIG sound . image 1, 28, 30, 55, 59, 61 Reviews, 30, 34 . Post images . Monitors pg 1
Dec 21, 2008 at 10:25 PM Post #511 of 1,220
Just put a 4G Nano in front of my Mustang / SXC 18G / W3's.
(retired 3G Nano)

It's definitely worth it!!

The new Cirrus Logic DAC renders a significantly different, and better sound signature (imho), especially in this rig, to this one set of ears.

Posted impressions on Portable Source Gear forum.

(think SXC 18G vs. Cryo Dock; but not quite as much of a jump)

Dec 22, 2008 at 7:28 AM Post #513 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by leftnose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could you post a pic of your new set-up? I'd like to see how the 4G stacks with the Mustang.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by leftnose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could you post a pic of your new set-up? I'd like to see how the 4G stacks with the Mustang.

Thanks

Sorry for the crummy image quality.
(extenuating circumstances)

Dec 22, 2008 at 12:45 PM Post #515 of 1,220
That's how mine looks. Just added the ALO SXC cable and WOW what great sound. Still burning in the Mustang with about 400 hrs on it. Can't wait 'til it's totally ripened

Dec 22, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #518 of 1,220
Thanks for the Nano/Stang pic. That is an incredibly small amp. I cannot wait to get mine.

Dec 23, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #519 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by callmevil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the SXC have a significantly better SQ over the jumbo?

Yeah. Had both and can easily justify the price. Aso--and most importantly=-=the new SXC cable lays a lot flatter than the Jumbo. So everything fits togehter nicely. Plust you've got more "real estate" on the face of the amp. Ken said the Jumbo was great but people had problems sometimes with it being too large for some of the smaller players like the Nano

Dec 23, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #520 of 1,220
Attachment 11845

fwiw: Found that if I "thread" the W3 plug through the SXC LOD "loop", it:

1. is out of the way (don't have to rotate it out of the way to turn P-51 power on/off)

2. "locks" the LOD 1/8" stereo miniplug into Mustang front panel w/friction

3. also seems to provide more stability to the Nano/Mustang velcro connection

Dec 26, 2008 at 3:33 AM Post #521 of 1,220
Here is my mini to 1/4 adapter with dead soft silver and teflon tubing. The 1/4 is from Radio Shack, the best I have found. It is cheap plastic on the outside but copper contacts and no, NO magnetic materials used. At 3.99 for 2 it is a best deal.

mini-to-14-adapter.jpg

Dec 27, 2008 at 3:24 PM Post #522 of 1,220
Finally my Mustang done burning for 2 times charge. Like it with K702 but my K702 not burn in 100hr yet.

I not sure if anyone encounter this, during the time you play the song, when you turn the volume knob, it have some disturbing sound sometime. Is this normal?

Dec 27, 2008 at 5:16 PM Post #523 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by badbad2000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally my Mustang done burning for 2 times charge. Like it with K702 but my K702 not burn in 100hr yet.

I not sure if anyone encounter this, during the time you play the song, when you turn the volume knob, it have some disturbing sound sometime. Is this normal?

I've heard that little noise with my Hornet, Tomahawk and now the Mustang. Doesn't bother me as I know it's only when I change volume--which is rare as I preset the volume for the dedicated IEM I use--but probably a trait of Samuels' amps Unless someone knows something different

Dec 27, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #525 of 1,220
i have been reading various posts about several different IEMs. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what would be the best IEM for the Mustang amp. I heard the triple fi 10 is great but the stick out to far and are uncomfortable. The shure 530's does not have equilized soundstage proformance that the triple fi 10 has but are more comfortable. The new westone 3 are not living up to the expectations, several posts state problems with them. I have not heard much about the ie8 steinheiser. There are other brands of iem's out there but which would compliment the mustang the best for the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back