RSA MUSTANG P-51 . little amp BIG sound . image 1, 28, 30, 55, 59, 61 Reviews, 30, 34 . Post images . Monitors pg 1
Dec 5, 2008 at 1:49 PM Post #226 of 1,220
if u look at post#211 by isao2k8, his black mustang also looks more wine than black. well, since it is not exactly black, u have saved 15 bucks!
biggrin.gif

for those who have received your black mustang, can i check if the knob looks more wine/dark brown (like the case) or black? thanks.

Dec 5, 2008 at 2:13 PM Post #228 of 1,220
leftnose,

thanks for the pictures!
beerchug.gif

btw, the wine with gold nob looks really nice. might order the same color combo if i do get the mustang
normal_smile .gif

Dec 5, 2008 at 2:36 PM Post #230 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by qwertgfdsa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The colors in post#211 and #244 look so similar. I like this color. But is this color wine or black? There seem to be two opinions.

#211 and #224 u mean? they are the same colour, i.e. black
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 5, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #231 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't believe you guys in Japan got it while I haven't heard of it
frown.gif

They must have been in the very first group who paid via PayPal. I paid mine on Nov 30, and still waiting. It will take a few days to fly across the globe to Thailand anyway.

Dec 5, 2008 at 3:27 PM Post #232 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Tomahawk and the Hornet do not sound good for their prices. Why pay for the Hornet when the Meier Headsix costs less than half the price and performs reasonably better than the Hornet. Even the Tomahawk is slightly less than double the price of the Headsix. Hundreds on hours on the Tomahawk but no one really needs hundreds and hundreds of hours. The Headsix lasts for more than 100 hours which is sufficient. Even the Minibox-D lasts more than 100 hours. And is 1/3 of the price of the Tomahawk in addition to sounding better. Impressive battery life does not mean a thing if the amplifier does not perform up to par. But of course. I'm not saying the Tomahawk and the Hornet sound bad. I'm saying there are better things than them for much cheaper prices. No doubt there are fans for Ray's "house" sound but this reminds me of people paying for Bose products just because they're "Bose". That said. I do hope many newcomers out there buy things because they are overhyped and "branded" products. I do not want to see a "respectable" company like RSA turn into the next Bose. But I don't see how that's possible anymore with the way things are going.

And to Ray,
You complain about me complaining about the P-51 being too thick because of the potentiometer. You told me off by telling me to find a good potentiometer which is small/slim enough. And I found one and even asked why the one you're currently using couldn't be attached sideways instead? You have yet to answer this and kept silent. I do not know how it would affect SQ but I doubt anyone would mind if it affects the SQ by a small margin while making the amp slimmer & more portable than it already is. Again I emphasize, decreasing the width and length don't mean a thing if the depth is still the same. That said, you're the manufacturer. And I'm the consumer. You're suppose to be the one finding the parts and improving your products, not me. If you can't accept the input of potential consumers (I suppose there are others) and even told them off, then I am disappointed. A 19 year old disappointed at someone older. How ironic.
Good luck with your amps and future products.

I do not expect any positive replies from this post but I do expect Head-fiers who intend to flame this post to post responsibly without anything linked emotionally when you reply, as I, myself has done so in my post.

With respect, don't like it don't buy it. Your negative comments in every thread regarding RSA are nothing but hot air. Stick to what you like.
Ray Samuels

Dec 5, 2008 at 5:25 PM Post #233 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even the Xin SuperMini and SuperMicro are not much thinner and they have no charging circuitry.

Correction, SuperMini do have charging circuit built in along with impedance, gain, bass boost and cross feed jumper. Not to forget ability to roll opamp too. For SuperMicro, it possible to make it as flat as SuperMini and Minibox E. Xin choose to stack the board 2 sided. Can be easily mod by shifting the batt and cap to the side. But i love the look of supermicro. Like a filter.

Dec 5, 2008 at 5:40 PM Post #235 of 1,220
Sound better or not I think really depend on individual. But a good matching of amp and headphone will really make a different. I believe RSA always welcome customer feedback on product but still up to the their decision to implement such feedback. If RSA still one of the leader in portable amp, their product should have meet certain quality against value that attract majority buyers. Same question, why ppl can spend $5 for a shirt but buy $100. Overprice? Oil price keep goes up, even I think overprice also no use. Still need to pump petrol. chuckles.

I think RSA has their reputation not from one or two days. We have to take into consideration of time factor. Maybe when Tomahawk release that time, there is really no competition at that categories.

Mustang small enough? not enough slim? If RSA can make it itouch that slim in this point of time, I really find no reason for them not to produce.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 5, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #236 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I stand corrected. Thanks for clearing that up, I will make the changes accordingly.

biggrin.gif
Just clarification. But I do agree that there is certain limit to being thin. That is none other than the caps that is being use. Most amp size is limit by the size of the caps.

Dec 5, 2008 at 6:41 PM Post #237 of 1,220
To any new portable audio enthusiasts who look at these amps and lament why they can't be smaller...don't forget how things were only 5 or 6 years ago. There were very limited amp options with DIY'ers (albeit talented) filling the demand. Amps were being built in candy tins and if you could find something decent sounding in a stock hammond case....that was like winning the lottery.

The advances in sound and build quality, size and selection in such a short time period is nothing short of amazing. The industry is now full of professionally built options that are superior to their predecessors. Not much to complain about IMO.

Dec 5, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #238 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To any new portable audio enthusiasts who look at these amps and lament why they can't be smaller...don't forget how things were only 5 or 6 years ago. There were very limited amp options with DIY'ers (albeit talented) filling the demand. Amps were being built in candy tins and if you could find something decent sounding in a stock hammond case....that was like winning the lottery.

The advances in sound and build quality, size and selection in such a short time period is nothing short of amazing. The industry is now full of professionally built options that are superior to their predecessors. Not much to complain about IMO.

Hear, hear...very well said. Quit complaining about an amp being thinner, it is getting tiring. You want to purchase a fantastic really small portable amp then do it. you want something razor thin go build it yourself.

Dec 5, 2008 at 8:48 PM Post #239 of 1,220
Quote:

Originally Posted by digihead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hear, hear...very well said. Quit complaining about an amp being thinner, it is getting tiring. You want to purchase a fantastic really small portable amp then do it. you want something razor thin go build it yourself.

I wouldn't bother a word of him saying.

I've just received my P51, it's super tiny and really all dark black.
ph34r.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back