RS2s get grattle???? What!?
May 7, 2007 at 8:41 AM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by makasin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The thing is I dont think it was a hair tho. I didnt see no hair but I blew on the drivers and it was better.

Grattle mostly isn't visible unless your hair is of deepest ebony colour.

I had grattle problems twice (MS1 and DT531), there was nothing to be seen, but after opening the drivers -rough job-, there they were: Thin, short and brownish hair of the sort that gets more & more seldom on my head.

I'd say a Hippie hairstyle would be best to avoid such problems. Any metalheads with grattle around here? I guess not...
tongue.gif

May 7, 2007 at 12:25 PM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

The thing is I dont think it was a hair tho. I didnt see no hair but I blew on the drivers and it was better. The 60s did this to me back in the day but not the 225s...

Well yes, if the grattle responded to a blow so as its relieved, I don't think it matters if you could see the offender or not.... Gosh dang son of a gun... I'd be furrious too
smily_headphones1.gif

What do you think about the wire crimp at the "Y"..... That's another thing to vent about here, let's get it all out now
wink.gif

Pizzed off Grado owners UNITE!!!!
smily_headphones1.gif
lol

And don't even get me started with those lucky longhairs...lol

May 7, 2007 at 1:20 PM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wear a hair net. Grado hair net. Maybe they will start selling them with the headphones?

why not? Senn's come with a veil
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

biggrin.gif

the devil made me do it!

Seriously, if it is just the typical 'Grattle' caused by a stray hair I would nto get upset or send them back as it is a simple fix.

May 7, 2007 at 1:23 PM Post #19 of 26
Assuming that hair is the issue - thank your lucky stars that you have the ability to HAVE that problem. I guess that Rogane will never be a Grado accessory.

Attempted humor aside, I would be dismayed to have my $500 headphones have that problem, but it may be an unavoidable, occasional side effect of the design. If a blast of canned air does not do it, I would send it to Grado in an instant. They fixed my 60s quickly, for free and without a wimper.

Best,

Barry

May 7, 2007 at 2:52 PM Post #20 of 26
In all honesty, I've experienced this "Grattle" with both my AKGs and my Beyers and knew what it was immediatly, from other reports here. I'm at that age where we shead a bit more, perhaps...
Remarkably, this grattle hasn't happened yet with my gosh dang Grados, perhaps because I haven't had them as long, dunno; But if it did, watch out board, do you know what I paid for that to happen...lol

I am glad the OPs crisis, only nearly averted has been resolved, even if the offending hair wasn't able to be seen...
smily_headphones1.gif

Enjoy~

May 7, 2007 at 3:11 PM Post #22 of 26
had my sr-80s for 10 years -- no problems. i do keep it high and tight, tho.

May 8, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #23 of 26
Also, one of the pegs that goes into the cup that connects the headband gets loose sometimes. Ok so this grattle has happened to me twice so far. Im kinda pissed that $500 headphones have so many damn problems. Do they just not put any effort into the RS2 and only put effort into the RS1 or GS1k?

May 8, 2007 at 9:10 PM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

Also, one of the pegs that goes into the cup that connects the headband gets loose sometimes. Ok so this grattle has happened to me twice so far. Im kinda pissed that $500 headphones have so many damn problems. Do they just not put any effort into the RS2 and only put effort into the RS1 or GS1k?

It's not just the RS-2's, trust me. Grado has always been known for their quality control issues, and lately they've been having some abnormal problems with their products for one reason or another. However, "Grattle," to me, does not count as one of these issues. A hair rubbing against or getting caught in the diaphragm is a "defect" that you've caused yourself; the annoying rattling has nothing to do with Grado producing a poor product. I do agree with the fact that they like to go a bit overboard, and clumsily so, with hot glue; which should be something Grado calls their attention to.

May 8, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pizzed off Grado owners UNITE!!!!
smily_headphones1.gif
lol

I don't own a Grado and I'm pizzed. I want a MS2i and you people need to stop jacking up it price.
rs1smile.gif

May 8, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Im kinda pissed that $500 headphones have so many damn problems.

thats why you do your reading before buying a product

Users who are viewing this thread

Back