RS2 has trouble with some bass?
Dec 9, 2010 at 11:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

DavidMahler

Headphoneus Supremus
I got a pair of used RS2 for trade and they sound AMAZING!  I'm very happy with the purchase overall, but I'm concerned that the RS2 seems to rattle a bit on certain songs with very forward bass in the mid to lower bass region.  It doesn't do it with most songs.  Is this typical of the RS2?

Thanks.

PS, the model in question is RS2 (non i series)

Also, if you are an avid poster, and live in the NYC / Yonkers area maybe you would come over to my house to let me hear your RS2 on my system just to ease my concern.  If you do this you will of course be entitled to hear my collection of headphones as a thank you:)

Dec 10, 2010 at 1:07 AM Post #2 of 6

Quote:
I got a pair of used RS2 for trade and they sound AMAZING!  I'm very happy with the purchase overall, but I'm concerned that the RS2 seems to rattle a bit on certain songs with very forward bass in the mid to lower bass region.  It doesn't do it with most songs.  Is this typical of the RS2?

Thanks.

PS, the model in question is RS2 (non i series)

Also, if you are an avid poster, and live in the NYC / Yonkers area maybe you would come over to my house to let me hear your RS2 on my system just to ease my concern.  If you do this you will of course be entitled to hear my collection of headphones as a thank you:)

Do a search on "grattle" .
Enjoy!
normal_smile .gif

Dec 10, 2010 at 3:54 AM Post #4 of 6
PS, when I reviewed the PS1000, I think the grattle is what I was hearing when I stated that the bass was distorting frequently.  It's a shame this brand is consistently inflicted with such a problem because I think the headphones are really quite good.  I don't think it's all hair related as some posters have brought up in other threads, I have attempted to use a compressed air can, per Grado's instructions in another thread and it did not remove the grattle whatsoever.

Really a shame because if not for this I would put these in my top 12 headphones for sure.

Dec 10, 2010 at 1:40 PM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
PS, when I reviewed the PS1000, I think the grattle is what I was hearing when I stated that the bass was distorting frequently.  It's a shame this brand is consistently inflicted with such a problem because I think the headphones are really quite good.  I don't think it's all hair related as some posters have brought up in other threads, I have attempted to use a compressed air can, per Grado's instructions in another thread and it did not remove the grattle whatsoever.

Really a shame because if not for this I would put these in my top 12 headphones for sure.

Hi David,

Since you are in New York, why don't you contact Grado and see what they say?  718-435 5340
When I talked to them last, they had a standard repair charge of $100 (including drivers replacement) for RS1. I assume it would be about the same for RS2.

Paul

Dec 10, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #6 of 6
No grattle on my 325is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back