RS-1 Appreciation Thread starts here!!!!
Jun 1, 2007 at 1:10 PM Post #166 of 721
RS1s are my absolute favourite cans, not as sharp sounding or as edgy as my SR80 in a more refined sense and more involving than my HD580s! I've been looking all over for one of these threads!

Jun 1, 2007 at 2:25 PM Post #167 of 721
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw a pair of RS-1 at a local hifi dealer today. It's massive compared to the RS-2: wider and deeper chambers. Also, it didn't have any evidence of "late-friday" and the wood was a nice dark-ish colour. It felt a bit more solid than the RS-2 with its metal chamber forks. I didn't get a listen
redface.gif
and was told they retail for 750 quid (ie 1500USD)...
rolleyes.gif

Wow....that is pretty expensive. Any idea how much the GS1k retails for over there in the UK?

Jun 1, 2007 at 4:57 PM Post #168 of 721
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortalcoil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow....that is pretty expensive. Any idea how much the GS1k retails for over there in the UK?

IIRC it's about £900-1000 ... but this is a discussion for another thread (or a dead horse).

Back on topic:

rs2s.jpg

rs6s.jpg

dt8.jpg

rs1smile.gif

Jun 1, 2007 at 5:49 PM Post #169 of 721
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw a pair of RS-1 at a local hifi dealer today. It's massive compared to the RS-2: wider and deeper chambers. Also, it didn't have any evidence of "late-friday" and the wood was a nice dark-ish colour. It felt a bit more solid than the RS-2 with its metal chamber forks. I didn't get a listen
redface.gif
and was told they retail for 750 quid (ie 1500USD)...
rolleyes.gif

In Edinburgh - James Morrow?

Jun 1, 2007 at 6:30 PM Post #172 of 721
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlorytheWiz825 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sweet sweet eye candy. Most resist urge to buy RS1...:/

Well, you wouldn't get that box
tongue.gif
but since you have a Mapletree amp, you must BUY an RS-1.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 1, 2007 at 8:31 PM Post #173 of 721
Quote:

Originally Posted by adanac061 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When listening at the maritime meet I didn't like the bowls, but fell in love with the flats.

Lots of benefit to owning both. I personally prefer bowls for most of my listening, but certain genres, bands or albums definitely benefit from the flat pads.

Want warmer, with more bass? Flats!

Want more detail and sparkling highs at the expense of a little low end? Bowls!

Jun 1, 2007 at 9:37 PM Post #175 of 721
Look like this thread is just in time after i take new pics of my RS-1 with my new cell phone
tongue.gif

One thing i can say now with time is that RS-1 make you Love even more and more Music, you always want to listen more music
rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif

Jun 1, 2007 at 10:59 PM Post #176 of 721
I bought my RS-1 from sonic32 a few months ago, and the RS-1 is definitely my favorite headphone. I liked the RS-1 so much that I've contemplated purchasing a second to use at home. My MPX3 really makes them sing.

Jun 2, 2007 at 3:35 AM Post #178 of 721
I've worked up the Grado ladder and still have my SR-60. The last top-o-line Grado I owned was the RS-2 - which I ended up selling. So get this - I couldn't resist and received my RS-1 yesterday - but the sad thing (in more ways than one) is that they are currently tucked away in my office closet - and I am anxiously awaiting the wife to fall into a deep sleep... I figure another 30 mins. I'm excited and guilty and excited. And perhaps a little off kilter to now resorting to 'sneaking' and 'blending' new HP's into the collection
smily_headphones1.gif
And the woo6 is on it's way. We'll, I'm sure the three of us will be happy together...

Jun 2, 2007 at 4:19 AM Post #179 of 721
Just after a few songs with these RS-1's and WOW! This is the first time I've ever taken a full size can out of the box, pluged-in and not felt that "maybe this or maybe that will be better after some burn-in" - I mean these are perfect for how I like my music. This kind of take-off experience after only a few minutes and I know I did the right thing here... Excellent!

Jun 2, 2007 at 5:17 AM Post #180 of 721
the letters are different between models

- Old pairs they use Garamond type
garamond.jpg

- Somenone New pairs use Courier type
courier-new.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back