RS-1 Appreciation Thread starts here!!!!
Apr 13, 2005 at 1:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 721

GoRedwings19

Headphoneus Supremus
That's right. I don't want to hear about the expensive PS-1's or razzamatazz MS2I's. I would like to hear from you wooden cup lovers of total sonical pleasure (RS-1's!!!!
rs1smile.gif
). What is it that floats your boat about them.

Post away RS-1 fanboys.

Apr 13, 2005 at 1:30 AM Post #3 of 721
Fantastic sound especially with acoustic/classical guitars... simply magical.

rs1smile.gif
Overlunge

Apr 13, 2005 at 1:56 AM Post #4 of 721
I think you should all post pics of your RS-1's (I'll do so tomorrow!)

IMO one of the first to say about them is how great they look
rs1smile.gif

Apr 13, 2005 at 2:00 AM Post #5 of 721
Oh my, I can see a whole slew of Appreciation Threads getting started real soon...

Apr 13, 2005 at 2:07 AM Post #6 of 721
Apr 13, 2005 at 3:17 AM Post #7 of 721
Rs1 was good stuff. Had to sell it cause it hurt my ears like person.

Apr 13, 2005 at 4:01 AM Post #9 of 721
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Rs1 was good stuff. Had to sell it cause it hurt my ears like person.

Hmm... I keep on reading complains like these. Do you mean it hurt them externally (as in comfort) or do you mean that it actually hurt your hearing?
eek.gif

Edit: I ask because I read a guy's post where he said the SR-225's gave him tinnitus like crazy.

Apr 13, 2005 at 4:03 AM Post #10 of 721
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoide
Hmm... I keep on reading complains like these. Do you mean it hurt them externally (as in comfort) or do you mean that it actually hurt your hearing?
eek.gif

Edit: I ask because I read a guy's post where he said the SR-225's gave him tinnitus like crazy.

The sound actually hurt him...the blaring highs were too much!

Apr 13, 2005 at 4:15 AM Post #11 of 721
The RS-1's are by far my favorite headphones. They simply do music "right" to my ears. Great bass, a wonderful midrange, really extended up high with a slight smidgen of warmth, incredible imaging and soundstaging that is out of this world when paired with a good tubed amp, and PRAT up the yin-yang. Throw some clarinet or saxophone and you'll hear the way the instruments were meant to be played and the way they are supposed to sound in real life, no other headphone recreates the woodwind sound so close to the real thing IMO. Strings are godly, you can hear the vibrato from the fingers and the resin layering against the string, with each bow stroke clearly defined and you get a real sense of the player digging into the string. Voices are pretty awesome too, almost a lush-like quality to it.

In my experience, RS-1's have better lower level resolution than even the vaulted hp-2's. RS-1's are surprisingly very refined and have great sonic ability on my rig as well, right up there with my hd650's in terms of pure sonic ability. Good recordings sound amazing, bad recordings sound like garbage, hey, its just doing its job, thats all...

Everytime I put on my RS-1's, I get very distinct memories from my college days. My college's recital hall is a small venue that features various woods such as mahogany, oak, some maple, and various other hardwoods that really gives the place a reverberant, lively, and highly acoustical sound to the performances that occur their, such as my vocal recitals that I use to do. When I put on the RS-1's, I can close my eyes and be transported back to those vocal recitals, where my college musical experience consisted of recreating and producing art songs, jazz standards, musical theater, and other operatic classics as well.

I love my RS-1's because they make music the way I like it, they make the music come alive and they remind why I chose to be a music teacher and choir director in the first place.

Apr 13, 2005 at 4:36 AM Post #12 of 721
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27
Are the MDR-SA5000 reports making you guys feel uncomfortable?
tongue.gif

Nope not worried, That is because it's bigger brother is on its way to me
wink.gif

My Rs-1's has seen off the R-10's, narrowly snatched victory from the grasp of the HP-2's, kicked the PS-1's in it's driver coils, put a school skirt on the MS-pro's and smacked it up.

Now its time to put it against the Omega 2's+Kgss, He60+007t, and now a rookie sensation has entered, the Qualia 010. But this time I won't be using the Melos amp with the Rs-1's. I will be using the Ear HP-4. I am gonna have to find a amp to partner the Qualia's.

Apr 13, 2005 at 4:39 AM Post #13 of 721
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoide
eek.gif

They really hurt my ears also...hurt inside the ear, so the hearing, not the comfort. The RS-1 and the original 325 were the worst offenders for me in that category in the current Grado line (despite flats).

Apr 13, 2005 at 4:47 AM Post #14 of 721
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Nope not worried, That is because it's bigger brother is on its way to me
wink.gif

My Rs-1's has seen off the R-10's, narrowly snatched victory from the grasp of the HP-2's, kicked the PS-1's in it's driver coils, put a school skirt on the MS-pro's and smacked it up.

Now its time to put it against the Omega 2's+Kgss, He60+007t, and now a rookie sensation has entered, the Qualia 010. But this time I won't be using the Melos amp with the Rs-1's. I will be using the Ear HP-4. I am gonna have to find a amp to partner the Qualia's.

Now that's just selling out
tongue.gif
. I hope it fares well! (crosses his fingers while huddling in the corner with his MS-2i)

Apr 13, 2005 at 4:53 AM Post #15 of 721
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27
Now that's just selling out
tongue.gif
. I hope it fares well! (crosses his fingers while huddling in the corner with his MS-2i)

I think the Rs-1's will be okay...have a little faith my crazyfrenchman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back