Rosson Audio Design RAD-0 - Alex's Beautiful New Baby
Apr 28, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #991 of 1,035
I hear you. If I were a customer, I'd probably drop them a mail. Who knows, maybe there is any new info on the subject, just not yet announced here. Doesn't hurt to ask, I think!

Hope this helps, thanks!
I've sent them numerous emails. Absolute crickets

Apr 29, 2023 at 6:50 AM Post #992 of 1,035
For RAD-0 owners, our review of the MPL-0 is up with a comparison to the flagship. Note that the pads have changed from the original, and I do find them more comfortable, though the weight is the same. The sound signature is a lot smoother-sounding, too.

https://headfonics.com/rosson-audio-design-mpl-0-review/

DSCF8029.webp

Apr 29, 2023 at 7:43 AM Post #993 of 1,035
For RAD-0 owners, our review of the MPL-0 is up with a comparison to the flagship. Note that the pads have changed from the original, and I do find them more comfortable, though the weight is the same. The sound signature is a lot smoother-sounding, too.

https://headfonics.com/rosson-audio-design-mpl-0-review/

DSCF8029.webp
Great review and thanks for posting it here as I was always curious about the MPL. It’s basically a darker RAD-0 with less treble extension. I already feel like the RAD-0 is a pretty dark headphone. Especially compared to Diana V2 & D8000 Pro which are my two new benchmarks at the Summit-Fi level.

Unfortunately they haven’t addressed any of the concerns that the community collectively shares which is weight and most importantly the headband system. I’m a hard out on anything that Rosson makes until the headband is revised.

May 3, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #995 of 1,035
It's my last day with the Rosson RAD-0. I'll have a bit of a listening session before I meet up with the buyer this evening but I can't say that i'm overly emotional about it. I'm a bit sad to see it go as I thought it would always be in my collection but to be totally honest I'm pretty jaded with the customer service team at Rosson.

To announce a solution to an entire communities complaints about your product then don't ever release it is super frustrating. If they do ever release a headband that alleviates the comfort concerns I might be a buyer again one day but I highly doubt that's ever going to happen.

Is what it is I guess.

May 10, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #996 of 1,035
Has anyone had their RAD-0 pads come unglued? Both my pads had their adhesive weaken significantly and they both more or less just slid right off the headphone leaving a bit of stickiness on the sides of the cup.

Just ordered a replacement but man they are pricy pads...

May 10, 2023 at 3:50 PM Post #998 of 1,035
There is no warranty for this kind of issue?
How old is your Rad-0?
Has anyone had their RAD-0 pads come unglued? Both my pads had their adhesive weaken significantly and they both more or less just slid right off the headphone leaving a bit of stickiness on the sides of the cup.

Just ordered a replacement but man they are pricy pads...

Warranty is lifetime for drivers. Not for pads or any other wear on the headphone itself.

Rosson pads are only $80/pair. I think that's really cheap.

ZMF are about the same. Audeze & Focal are about the same.

Abyss pads are all over $300. Focal Utopia pads are over $300 as well so I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

Last edited:
May 11, 2023 at 2:00 AM Post #999 of 1,035
Unfortunately, my RAD-0's would've been way out of warranty anyways. This was just a mode of failure I wasn't expecting.

Yea in comparison, it's definitely not bad. I forgot how much pads cost since the last time I've ever had to replace a pair was long long ago. Focal pads though... are asininely priced.

May 20, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #1,000 of 1,035
Just got a supposively brand new 2600 dollar headphone for 1800 bucks!! Not too shabby! I got the little metal card with my name on it, the glorious industrial carrying case and everything.

Up until now, my most expensive headphone was less than 2000, because that's really the most I can afford. I did the recommended 7 hour "re burn in" (VERY necessary, it sounded like trash at first), and I am appropriately blown away. I am a hater and a perfectionist, so if there's anything overhyped about or missing from an audio system, I'll be the first to complain, but the Rads I have to say are an exquisitely well balanced headphone. In terms of a high technical performance "critical listening" audiophile headphone, I truly believe this is perfect. The bass for example, any more and I would get fatigued way too fast, any less and genres of music that rely on bass would sound lifeless and weak, and both the sub extension and the slam characteristic are the best I've ever heard. The Rad-0's whole sound is exactly like that, so no part of the sound ever sticks out to distract me from the other parts, which has been a constant problem for me with other headphones.

Coming straight out of my Hugo 2, the detail resolution is extreme across the whole frequency spectrum, and the imaging and soundstage are incredible. It doesn't sound small at all, it is holographic and convincing in ways that cheaper headphones I've used never achieved, despite one or two of them having slightly larger staging than this. The Rads are not especially forgiving of bad recordings/mixes, but the majority of my very broad music collection sounds the best I've ever heard it. As a critical listening type of headphone, the Rads are probably as versatile as you can possibly get. Very impressed so far.

Attachments

• 20230519_151740.jpg
    20230519_151740.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230519_152710.jpg
    20230519_152710.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230519_191654~2.jpg
    20230519_191654~2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 20, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #1,001 of 1,035
...As a critical listening type of headphone, the Rads are probably as versatile as you can possibly get. Very impressed so far.

Welcome to the club from your cousin 008/100 red marble
MOD-0b.jpg

May 20, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #1,003 of 1,035
Can anyone confirm that the ‘stock’ Rosson Audio headband system (?) is non head destructive? 🤔😖

May 23, 2023 at 8:57 AM Post #1,004 of 1,035
Can anyone confirm that the earpad replacement process is non destructive? Like, can we infinitely keep replacing them without any problems?
Yes. The ear pads that Rosson sells are user replaceable and it’s non destructive.

May 23, 2023 at 8:59 AM Post #1,005 of 1,035

Users who are viewing this thread

Back