Rosson Audio Design RAD-0 - Alex's Beautiful New Baby
May 23, 2023 at 9:00 AM Post #1,006 of 1,036

May 23, 2023 at 9:07 AM Post #1,007 of 1,036
Both Mr Ayrit as well as WaveTheory didn’t mention customer support. Unfortunately I’ve been trying to get a hold of @Rosson Audio for two weeks with multiple emails and support inquiries. All I’m trying to do is switch the warranty to the person that I sold my unit to.

Absolutely no support response whatsoever. The buyer who I sold my unit to is pissed at me. I’ve never received such a poor customer service response in this hobby. The phone number on the Rosson website isn’t active.

Needless to say after being a fan of the Rosson sound I’ll never support the company again.

Last edited:
May 23, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #1,009 of 1,036
hmm... maybe Rosson Audio is having a hard time these days? There goes our warranty down the drain.
I don’t know. Six emails in three weeks and no response?

Unbelievable. I’ve never had such poor customer service. And I only want to transfer the warranty. Imagine I had a driver failure and it was my only headphone? Three weeks of waiting to even start a response chain is unacceptable. HiFiMan gets back to you within 24 hours. So does ZMF. I can get ahold of Zach or Bevin within a few hours on HeadFi if I have a problem.

May 23, 2023 at 11:16 AM Post #1,010 of 1,036
I don’t know. Six emails in three weeks and no response?

Unbelievable. I’ve never had such poor customer service. And I only want to transfer the warranty. Imagine I had a driver failure and it was my only headphone? Three weeks of waiting to even start a response chain is unacceptable. HiFiMan gets back to you within 24 hours. So does ZMF. I can get ahold of Zach or Bevin within a few hours on HeadFi if I have a problem.
Woof, dude. Sorry to hear you've had a rough ride with them. Thanks for watching and posting my review here. You're right I didn't comment on customer service as I've had no interactions with Rosson - the man or the company - so I have nothing to say about that aspect. But if I were Rosson or someone who works for him I would be watching this thread and trying to take care of my customers so they're not taking these complaints public. It's not a good look for them. I hope they get back to you soon and things get worked out. Best.
:beerchug:

May 23, 2023 at 12:25 PM Post #1,011 of 1,036
Yes. The ear pads that Rosson sells are user replaceable and it’s non destructive.
That's great to hear. I'm personally fine with the use of synthetic leather in an expensive headphone as long as all those parts of it are infinitely user replaceable. After a few years I know it will start flaking off, even if the actual pads and headband are not fully worn out yet. As long as Rosson never stops selling us replacement parts, the headphone can live forever, unlike some headphones out there.

May 25, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #1,012 of 1,036
For those looking for any type of support the contact page on Rosson's website doesn't go anywhere.

Contact support@rosson.audio to elicit a response.

The phone number is also not in service so that doesn't help either.

I just spoke with Alex via email and informed him of this so hopefully the rest of you don't have the headache that I just had for the past three weeks.

Jun 4, 2023 at 3:23 AM Post #1,013 of 1,036
Listening to Enya right now, and I am so impressed with the Rad-0's balancing act between musicality and technical performance. This is exactly how my rose-colored glasses nostalgic brain remembers Enya sounding, even though I know this music sounded awful in comparison when I first fell in love with it, coming out of my janky old 80 dollar Koss headphones plugged into a portable cd player back in 2004.

It's obviously more detailed and the imaging and soundstage are far superior in many ways, but it has the exact same flavor of sound as the "consumer-fi" gear I had access to back then (warm tonality and somewhat strong bass). These songs sound completely true to my (seemingly) impossible idealized memories of them. Just impeccable.

20230528_104250~6.jpg
20230528_101424~3.jpg

20230528_102235~4.jpg

Jun 4, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #1,014 of 1,036
A truly nice looking headphone, except the headband. :)
Guess a suede straps will increase comfort to a whole new level. :hugging:

Jun 4, 2023 at 9:40 AM Post #1,015 of 1,036
A truly nice looking headphone, except the headband. :)
Guess a suede straps will increase comfort to a whole new level. :hugging:
But still not enough of a comfort improvement for me to keep mine. I mentioned the “revised headband” in an email back and forth with Alex Rosson last week and he didn’t engage. They were able to fix my service issue though. Hopefully they announce something at one of the upcoming CanJam’s. If they fix the headband I bet they’ll sell twice the number of units they currently do.

Jan 22, 2024 at 9:06 PM Post #1,019 of 1,036
I’m late to the Rad 01…are there different models with different tunings? Thanks.
RAD-0 is the only model but it has three different tuning options if you order custom. If you order a unit from their page or from an authorized dealer they’ll have the stock tuning which is the middle of the tuning options.

MPL-0 is an all wood version but only is available in the dark tuning option and therefore is noticeably less resolving.

I’ve heard the bright tuned version as well as owned the stock tuned for over a year and I’d only purchase the stock tuned version if I was to order another or recommend it to anyone.

Jan 22, 2024 at 9:17 PM Post #1,020 of 1,036
RAD-0 is the only model but it has three different tuning options if you order custom. If you order a unit from their page or from an authorized dealer they’ll have the stock tuning which is the middle of the tuning options.

MPL-0 is an all wood version but only is available in the dark tuning option and therefore is noticeably less resolving.

I’ve heard the bright tuned version as well as owned the stock tuned for over a year and I’d only purchase the stock tuned version if I was to order another or recommend it to anyone.
Very informative. Thank you! If buying used are there any tips for trying to determine which tuning option is associated with a particular set?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back