Rosson Audio Design RAD-0 - Alex's Beautiful New Baby
Mar 25, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #376 of 1,035
Great detail and body. There isn’t any peaks that I can hear.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2020 at 6:56 AM Post #380 of 1,035
I made an in-depth review about RAD-0, the latest flagship headphone made by Rosson. This is a really musical, grain-free, liquid headphone, comfy, and really easy to drive!

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/03/rosson-rad-0-headphones-review.html

Since there was no product page on Head-Fi, I made one and copied my review to Head-fi as well :)

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ro...ic-headphones.24283/reviews#item-review-23451

Rosson-Alex-Planar-Magnetic-Headphones-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-RAD-0-RAD0-Zero-01.jpg

Mr Alex is not responding to email, maybe the virus has it on stall?

Given the fact that they have a special sale to aid with social distancing, now with the virus, I would imagine they are trying to sell the RAD-0 as much as possible :)

Mar 28, 2020 at 6:27 AM Post #381 of 1,035
I made an in-depth review about RAD-0, the latest flagship headphone made by Rosson. This is a really musical, grain-free, liquid headphone, comfy, and really easy to drive!

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/03/rosson-rad-0-headphones-review.html

Since there was no product page on Head-Fi, I made one and copied my review to Head-fi as well :)

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ro...ic-headphones.24283/reviews#item-review-23451

Rosson-Alex-Planar-Magnetic-Headphones-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-RAD-0-RAD0-Zero-01.jpg

Given the fact that they have a special sale to aid with social distancing, now with the virus, I would imagine they are trying to sell the RAD-0 as much as possible :)
It’s actually your review that got me to purchase a pair! :)

ordered mine last night, so excited to get them

Mar 28, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #383 of 1,035
Happy to help, my friend!

I hope they will bring many hours of music and fun to you! :)
I do too! :D My friend is receiving them early next week and I'm getting them a few days after that as he wanted to try them as well

I found the section on amp matchability especially useful, just as a shoutout - the main thing that was deterring me from purchasing a pair was that I couldn't find just how well they scale with proper amping, as I am not planning on using anything more than the Chord Hugo 2 for the time being.

Will post impressions soon either way!

Mar 28, 2020 at 8:00 PM Post #385 of 1,035
Has anyone that has heard the Rad0 and ether flow C, what are the sound differences?
Ether Flow open (1.1) here — would that help?

Mar 28, 2020 at 9:04 PM Post #387 of 1,035
RAD-0 vs Ether, the difference to their sound is exactly like the difference of their cup colors. RAD-0 is much more vibrant and expressive. Ether is like a B/W photo.

Mar 28, 2020 at 9:42 PM Post #388 of 1,035
Yes, I suppose it's close enough to the C version
Please tell me the sound differences
They’re pretty close actually. EFO sound is more relaxed/laid-back — mids/vocals seem more present/energetic from RAD-0 (female vocals more so than male vocals). I also think RAD-0 handle busy passages better (last two minutes of ‘White Bird’ by It’s a Beautiful Day or around three minutes into ‘Midnight Sun’ by Iron & Wine/Calexico). Translates to more detail and a little brighter sound from RAD-0, a little more warmth from EFO. RAD-0 tonality makes EFO seem somewhat V-shaped.

Slightly more bass impact from RAD-0, with more definition/precision. For example, on ‘Ventura’ from Lucinda Williams’ Live at the Fillmore, there’s a bit in the choruses when there are alternating drum strikes and bass notes. They are more clearly differentiated from RAD-0.

Headstage is a little more open from EFO, but more precise/well-defined from RAD-0 — EFO staging can seem a little blurred by comparison. Similar to comparing Utopia stage (’that instrument right there’) withAuteur stage (a little bigger, but less precise ‘those instruments over on that side of the stage’). RAD-0 stage ‘wraps around’ a bit more.

RAD-0 are somewhat more efficient, needing 3-4 dB attenuation on my preamp to volume match w/ EFO. Note that I’m using the angled Flow pads on my EFO. e-stat pads bring the EFO a little closer to RAD-0 tonality and help the stage.

All JMHO, my ears, my equipment of course.

Mar 28, 2020 at 9:45 PM Post #389 of 1,035
...RAD-0 is much more vibrant and expressive...
This!

Although the B/W photo analogy makes me think ‘lifeless’ while I would say ‘relaxed’.

Mar 30, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #390 of 1,035
I do too! :D My friend is receiving them early next week and I'm getting them a few days after that as he wanted to try them as well

I found the section on amp matchability especially useful, just as a shoutout - the main thing that was deterring me from purchasing a pair was that I couldn't find just how well they scale with proper amping, as I am not planning on using anything more than the Chord Hugo 2 for the time being.

Will post impressions soon either way!

Please tag me with @ when you post those impressions, I'm curious how much you'll find your experience similar to mine!

Also, don't worry, they do scale a bit with amping, but can be enjoyed really well on the cheap :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back