Rosson Audio Design RAD-0 - Alex's Beautiful New Baby
Sep 2, 2019 at 8:32 PM Post #167 of 1,036
Listening to some Zeppelin tonight and these headphones continue to ROCK! Sound staging is still impressing me and Plant has never sounded better! Hard to find a weakness actually...these headphones definitely sound as great as they look (amazing for both)!

Sep 3, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #168 of 1,036
In comparison to Audeze your drivers are just smaller. Where is your technical innovation?
Beyerdynamic developed everything themselves. It´s made in Germany, not producing in China, designed from USA with a nice view over central park in New York.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #170 of 1,036
There`s no innovation from Rossson Audio.
They just bought their drivers frorm a catalog.:beyersmile:
Where is the passion for music?

Hi @Kopf! Alex wants me to extend a personal invitation to tour the Rosson facilities in Reseda, California. If you're ever planning on coming to the Los Angeles area, please let us know, we'd be happy to show you how everything is made.

PM me if you're interested in a tour!

Rosson Audio Design Stay updated on Rosson Audio Design at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/RossonAudio https://twitter.com/Alex_Rosson https://www.instagram.com/Rosson_audio_design/ https://www.rossonaudiodesign.com/ support@rosson.audio
Sep 3, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #171 of 1,036
There`s no innovation from Rossson Audio.
They just bought their drivers frorm a catalog.:beyersmile:
Where is the passion for music?

And yet they managed to produce a planar headphone with a tonal balance significantly superior to the LCD-4 with its awful treble drop out...

Sep 3, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #172 of 1,036
Have you actually heard them? Interested because I also live in NZ.

Sep 3, 2019 at 10:34 PM Post #173 of 1,036
Have you actually heard them? Interested because I also live in NZ.

Nope - have not seen or heard of any in NZ. I am trying to resist the urge to order a pair.

The info on the tonal balance - and lack of need to EQ them - comes from this review:

I am liking this fellow's channel. Very informative reviews.

Sep 3, 2019 at 10:39 PM Post #174 of 1,036
I am tempted as well but they are all 'sold out' on the website.

Sep 3, 2019 at 10:50 PM Post #175 of 1,036
I am tempted as well but they are all 'sold out' on the website.

Hopefully they will have more stock soon. I am guessing the heavy demand has taken them by surprise.

My thinking is that the Rosson would make an excellent planar partner to my dynamic ZMF Verite - being highly musical as well as technically proficient. I have more neutral options in planar and dynamic with the HEKv2 and HD800S. The Rosson would complete my headphone stable, but the wallet abuse is the problem. Converting USD pricing to NZD is not fun at all :poop:

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:01 PM Post #176 of 1,036
Did you get the Verite from AVWorld or The Listening Post?
That's one I am hoping to get second hand( cheaper and no customs tax...yes, I know I shouldn't) from the classifieds here.

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #177 of 1,036
AV World - I am an Aucklander. They have a very nice demo area where I got to spend about 30 minutes with the Verite being fed from a Chord TT2.

EDIT - as far as second hand goes - that might be problematic. The folks that get them are likely to want to keep them. I adore mine and would sooner part with a kidney, but you never know.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2019 at 11:50 PM Post #178 of 1,036
Better keep the kidney...and if you should ever get tired of the Verite I am willing to help.

Sep 4, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #179 of 1,036
Hi @Kopf! Alex wants me to extend a personal invitation to tour the Rosson facilities in Reseda, California. If you're ever planning on coming to the Los Angeles area, please let us know, we'd be happy to show you how everything is made.

PM me if you're interested in a tour!

Thanks for your friendly invitation,

I want to point out that buying a product, is like making a investment for the future. The buyers/ competition will decide whether your business will survive.
Finally I wish Rosson Audio all the success of the world and I´m looking forward to see new products from you.

with audiophiles greetings.

Sep 4, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #180 of 1,036
Nope - have not seen or heard of any in NZ. I am trying to resist the urge to order a pair.

The info on the tonal balance - and lack of need to EQ them - comes from this review:

I am liking this fellow's channel. Very informative reviews.

Interesting review, but a bit vague. Says he prefers Verite, but doesn't really explain why, except to say that Verite has a 'unique' driver and has a larger stage. He also says that RAD-0 isn't great for classical, but again, doesn't really say why:
"You know what that's supposed to sound like. This doesn't present that quite as well."
I'm not saying he's wrong. Just saying he could be more forthcoming about what leads him to his observations, maybe with some specific musical examples,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back