Rosson Audio Design RAD-0 - Alex's Beautiful New Baby
Aug 26, 2019 at 10:34 PM Post #136 of 1,033
So I guess my pre order of GSX mini is the way to go with RAD-0?

Aug 26, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #137 of 1,033
I'm gonna ask... Who makes your driver? This is part of my curiosity on your tech.

Aug 27, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #138 of 1,033
I just came back from the Audio Video Boutique in Vegas where i demoed many headphones from Audeze, ZMF, Hifiman, Sennheiser, MrSpeakers, Meze, Stax, and Focal. However the Rosson Rad-0 were FAR AND AWAY my favorite headphones I tried. Luscious, meaty, detailed bass, with an incredibly natural balance and transition into the mids and highs, with extreme detail that is just forward enough to keep from feeling any sort of fatigue or harshness. 10/10 I need to start saving up.

Ooooh, nice!

Hearing someone else like them this much is nice, means I knew where I was going with things when i said it was magical, especially the cohesiveness and musicality of the sound :)

Aug 29, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #139 of 1,033
So I guess my pre order of GSX mini is the way to go with RAD-0?

Most definitely a brilliant combination! I'm listening to it right now as I write this with some Blue Rodeo and these headphones sound so natural, clean, balanced and still very musical with wonderfully textured bass you'd expect from an ortho! Sound staging too is quite impressive!!! On the "looks" side of things, these are just beautiful! I picked up the Tropical Canopy from HeadAmp and the build quality is really top shelf stuff!

Dang, "Try" just started and these sound so expansive with plenty of air and space, but still with visceral bass and upfront mids + extended treble...talk about having your cake and eating it too!!!

FWIW, I'm pretty sure that Rosson Audio makes their own drivers in house. Most ortho companies do.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #140 of 1,033
I was about to pull the trigger on a pair of B-stock LCD-4, but these caught my attention. Out of what I was able to find that's still in stock, I ended up ordering the Woodstock design.

Hope you're loving the Woodstock! Out of our latest batch we ordered, I was hoping that one would stick around a while longer since it was so neat. Really liked what Alex and his team did on the grille.

RAD-0_Woodstock_Edit.jpg

I am pretty partial to the one that I mixed and poured while in the Rosson lab during the CanJam SoCal week tho... I may be a little biased though! Haha.

RAD-0_Taron_8_1800x1013.png

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Aug 30, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #141 of 1,033
Hope you're loving the Woodstock! Out of our latest batch we ordered, I was hoping that one would stick around a while longer since it was so neat. Really liked what Alex and his team did on the grille.
I am pretty partial to the one that I mixed and poured while in the Rosson lab during the CanJam SoCal week tho... I may be a little biased though! Haha.

Wow, I like those, too. Nice!

I'm loving the Woodstock so far. I had sold off my higher end headphones a few years back as I was using speakers at the time almost exclusively.

From the listening I've done in the past couple of days, I can't say anything bad about them. They're heavy, but I find them comfortable. I wouldn't complain if the lowest octave was a bit more present - it's all there, the quality of the bass in these is outstanding. My own personal preference is that there was just a slight bit more of it.... but that's very minor. Overall they are one of, if not the best sounding headphones I've owned.

-Mike

Aug 30, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #144 of 1,033
Those photos are phenomenal @Torq !

Just to continue the discussion I'm loving my Tropical Canopy RAD-0 with some Nirvana tonight and my Chord DAVE --> HeadAmp GS-X Mini. I can't stop bobbing my head up and down!

Rosson-Audio-Designs-RAD-0-First-Edition-3-3.jpg

Aug 31, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #146 of 1,033
So I'm sitting back and taking in Tool's latest release (finally) "Fear Inoculum" with these headphones and the dynamics are just off the charts! The liveliness of the drums is just something you have to experience for your self! Guitars are perfectly layered above them for an all encompassing experience! Sound staging is also equally impressive! If you're a fan of Tool, you really need to pick up this album (and ideally hear it from a pair of RAD-0 :wink:).

Aug 31, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #147 of 1,033
You guys have raised my interest in this headphone. A few months ago I bought CA Cascade and I`m really satisfied with them. But now I`ll buy a open planar highend headphone. At the moment I`m leaning towards Empyrean. Unfortunately there is still no german distributor for Rosson Audio and I would never buy a 3000€ headphone without audition it. So I suppose I´ll have to wait.
But sound impressions sounds good.:beyersmile:

@MacedonianHero
New Tool album is just epic and sounds especially in HiRes (96/24bit) very good. On Cascade I can hear slight differences between the HiRes and the cd version. HiRes has a bit more punch in the lowend and sounds slightly clearer in the highs.

Aug 31, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #148 of 1,033
You guys have raised my interest in this headphone. A few months ago I bought CA Cascade and I`m really satisfied with them. But now I`ll buy a open planar highend headphone. At the moment I`m leaning towards Empyrean. Unfortunately there is still no german distributor for Rosson Audio and I would never buy a 3000€ headphone without audition it. So I suppose I´ll have to wait.
But sound impressions sounds good.:beyersmile:

@MacedonianHero
New Tool album is just epic and sounds especially in HiRes (96/24bit) very good. On Cascade I can hear slight differences between the HiRes and the cd version. HiRes has a bit more punch in the lowend and sounds slightly clearer in the highs.

It is an epic album! I bought the 96/24bit from hdtracks last night. With the RAD-0, the album is amazing! Dynamic, expansive and thunderous...but still very natural and transparent.

Aug 31, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #150 of 1,033
So I'm sitting back and taking in Tool's latest release (finally) "Fear Inoculum" with these headphones and the dynamics are just off the charts! The liveliness of the drums is just something you have to experience for your self! Guitars are perfectly layered above them for an all encompassing experience! Sound staging is also equally impressive! If you're a fan of Tool, you really need to pick up this album (and ideally hear it from a pair of RAD-0 :wink:).
RAD-0 blowing Empyrean & Ether 2 out of the water playing this music. Makes Empy seem veiled. E2 just not as energetic, which this music demands. Great bass rumble from RAD-0 (e.g., on ‘Pneuma’). And the headstage is very convincing.

Blackwood Auteur presents this music about as well.

Thanks for the post!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back