Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread
Feb 1, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #721 of 1,255
Now you have me very intrigued about the Cappuccino Mk II. I have always wanted a basshead IEM, but it's usually come at the expense of other details.

My JBL S200i was an example of that. Strong sub and mid bass, but unclear details. A single dynamic, so to be expected.

Anything else outperforms the Cappuccino Mk II in bass physicality, while retaining details?

Feb 1, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #722 of 1,255
Isolation is good but not extreme, since the fit is neither shallow nor very deep.
Sound leakage is completely neglectible despite the vents.

And regarding sources, warm sources help, they shouldn't be too warm either otherwise the bass can get a bit overpowering.
This is why I like most sources with AKM4490 with these MK2, they tend to be on the warm side without sacrificing details.

Can't wait to try X5iii with dual 4490 in balanced mode, should be a nice experience.

Feb 1, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #723 of 1,255
Also, interested in comments on the two flagship models above the Cappuccino MkII,

Feb 1, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #724 of 1,255
Also, interested in comments on the two flagship models above the Cappuccino MkII,

Me too, given I've yet to hear them. It seems Rose is refreshing their lineup as there is now a 3D-7 Mk. II, which I certainly want to hear. Unfortuantely, I think I'm tapped out at the moment, and won't be buying anything for a while. 

I also just finished up my Aurora review. Check it out here:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/rose-aurora/reviews/17949

Feb 1, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #725 of 1,255
Anything else outperforms the Cappuccino Mk II in bass physicality, while retaining details?

Nothing that I know of, and I'm quite the fan of big bass.

Several recent models seem to use this push-pull double dynamic driver successfully (very clean and extended bass), but without the additional BA to handle mids/treble, so they can't really match the MK2.
Even the Unique Martian (similar config) has relatively modest bass.

Feb 1, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #726 of 1,255
What tips are everyone using with the Cappy MkII?

Feb 2, 2017 at 8:03 AM Post #727 of 1,255
Thanks I suppose thats to be expected with a vented dynamic driver.

I may just bite the bullet as effortless sub-bass is what I'm after. I hope they pair well with the Fiio E18 and not make the high's sibilant.

For comparison I wonder how the reputable ASG2.5 stack up? Anyone able to compare?

Feb 2, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #728 of 1,255
Hey guys!
I'm currently using Sennheiser ie80 as my outdoor headphones. But now I'm really interested in this iem. I wonder if Cappuccino mkII is better than ie80 in Your opinion?
Can I replace my ie80 or just buy Rose as a second headphones?
Thanks.

Feb 2, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #729 of 1,255
What tips are everyone using with the Cappy MkII?

JVC Spiral dots are my best buddies!

Thanks I suppose thats to be expected with a vented dynamic driver.

I may just bite the bullet as effortless sub-bass is what I'm after. I hope they pair well with the Fiio E18 and not make the high's sibilant.

For comparison I wonder how the reputable ASG2.5 stack up? Anyone able to compare?

I had ASG2.5 until April of last year.
Big bass cannon but definitely slower and less extended downwards. With open bass ports, it got very boomy.
Voices and most mids are more forward on Capp MK2 (ASG2.0 mids were actually more forward than on ASG2.5, never understood why Aurisonics did this, they started IEMs by creating great mids [ASG1.0] and undid this starting from ASG2.5).
Treble are a bit smoother on ASG2.5, a bit airier on Cap MK2.

Overall, Capp MK2 feel more energetic and faster, ASG2.5 are overall smoother and more relaxed.
My preference goes to Capp MK2 for the details and airiness, which brings more separation and a great soundstage.
And anyway, ASG2.5 are now relics from the past, since Fender took over...

Feb 2, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #730 of 1,255
  JVC Spiral dots are my best buddies!

I had ASG2.5 until April of last year.
Big bass cannon but definitely slower and less extended downwards. With open bass ports, it got very boomy.
Voices and most mids are more forward on Capp MK2 (ASG2.0 mids were actually more forward than on ASG2.5, never understood why Aurisonics did this, they started IEMs by creating great mids [ASG1.0] and undid this starting from ASG2.5).
Treble are a bit smoother on ASG2.5, a bit airier on Cap MK2.

Overall, Capp MK2 feel more energetic and faster, ASG2.5 are overall smoother and more relaxed.
My preference goes to Capp MK2 for the details and airiness, which brings more separation and a great soundstage.
And anyway, ASG2.5 are now relics from the past, since Fender took over...

Damn... I had ASG 2.5 too.  And loved ASG 2.0 too. you say the Rose Cappucino MK2 has deeper extending basss than asg 2 or 2.5 really? do you amp/eq?

Feb 2, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #731 of 1,255
No amp, no eq (not that I am a purist, but EQ-ing with anything else than a Cowon DAP was a disappointment so far).
Note that Capp MK2 requires some power, they're not exactly sensitive.
At least they should never hiss.

I would buy ASG2.0 again just for the sake of comparison if I could (mine were "lost" by the post office), but ASG2.5 were a bit too smooth for my taste.

Again, I'm a bass guitar player, so it's quite easy to test for bass extension, and Cap MK2 are quite remarkable for exercising.

Feb 3, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #732 of 1,255
I find it funny when I come back to the Pudding after awhile, especially after buying the Opus #1, and it's just not what I remembered.  I have this memory of it being quite bass heavy, but the Opus (and probably my time away from it on my earbud adventure) has managed to temper it to where it's just an entirely different beast altogether than my memory of it.  I think a bit of my older listening was using some bass EQ, and that was also on top of the normal bass the xDuoo X3 had, which would explain the difference a bit.  It does leave me wondering how the new Cap sounds compared to it, but there is no way I could justify the cost for what is most likely a lateral move in quality just containing different balances.

Feb 3, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #733 of 1,255
  No amp, no eq (not that I am a purist, but EQ-ing with anything else than a Cowon DAP was a disappointment so far).
Note that Capp MK2 requires some power, they're not exactly sensitive.
At least they should never hiss.

I would buy ASG2.0 again just for the sake of comparison if I could (mine were "lost" by the post office), but ASG2.5 were a bit too smooth for my taste.

Again, I'm a bass guitar player, so it's quite easy to test for bass extension, and Cap MK2 are quite remarkable for exercising.

I have a set of ASG 2.0's that I'll be selling if anyone's interested.

Feb 3, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #734 of 1,255
Looks like I'm going to be waiting for Singles' Day to buy the Cappuccino MkII. So far away. Unless there are some crazy Chinese sales going on this year?

Things I need to buy in the meantime:
Ratoc Systems RAL-KEB03 Portable Balanced DAC / Amp
Silver Dragon MMCX Balanced Cables
JVC FXZ200
Shure SE846
Sell off the rest of my IEMs

and then finally buy the Cappuccino MkII.

Feb 4, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #735 of 1,255
Looks like I'm going to be waiting for Singles' Day to buy the Cappuccino MkII. So far away. Unless there are some crazy Chinese sales going on this year?

Things I need to buy in the meantime:
Ratoc Systems RAL-KEB03 Portable Balanced DAC / Amp
Silver Dragon MMCX Balanced Cables
JVC FXZ200
Shure SE846
Sell off the rest of my IEMs

and then finally buy the Cappuccino MkII.

If that swIII is going for sale I'll be first in line :)

Interesting this mkII is prompting 2.5 comparisons though...I'll hold out for a definitive a/b before buying a set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back