Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread
Feb 10, 2017 at 7:59 AM Post #751 of 1,255
How so?
The IT03 has elevated sub-bass and slight peaks around 5kHz. You could make the case of it either being V or U-Shaped. While I don't think that the midrange is all that recessed, comparing it to the Cap MK.2 might make it appear so.
V shaped means bass and treble in front,mids are recessed.
But it03"s mid isnt recessed.
It03"s mid is front with bas.

Feb 10, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #752 of 1,255

Correct. There's nothing recessed about anything on the IT03 as such. A perfect balance.

Feb 10, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #753 of 1,255

The IT03, from my listening experience, has a very slight U-Shape with a spike at 2kHz and around 5kHz. As I'm more sensitive around 5kHz, it appears more prominent to me. You could even make the case of it being L-Shaped if you will.

Correct. There's nothing recessed about anything on the IT03 as such. A perfect balance.

Great balance, yes. Perfect balance, debatable.
I'm not the biggest fan of the TWFK treble. Not to take away from the IT03, but there are better IEMs in terms of balance, IMO.

Feb 10, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #755 of 1,255
Great balance, yes. Perfect balance, debatable.
I'm not the biggest fan of the TWFK treble. Not to take away from the IT03, but there are better IEMs in terms of balance, IMO.

Not sure what source, track quality, burn in time or tips you used...or how long you listened to them for...
Anyhow - that's interesting and you should take this up on the IT03 thread where there's some experienced listeners there, as we've veering off topic...

Feb 11, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #756 of 1,255
I saw this post but i had stopped reading until i see that it03 is v shape iem:)
Because it03 isnt vshaped iem.

It would be nice if people read/quote correctly, I said flat V, meaning mids are not recessed but not especially forward either.

There's no such thing thing as a "perfect" balance, it is all down to personal preferences. My flat V could be considered just flat by other people, although the good bass and well extended treble of IT03 does'nt make me consider it perfectly flat (relatively obvious when you try IEMs like the Zeus).

Capp MK2 bass is much stronger/impactful than IT03, and treble is faster and more dynamic than IT03. People after smoother signatures will certainly appreciate IT03 a lot more, while things are more "alive" with Capp MK2. Separation is better with Capp MK2 (really obvious in mids area), while they have similar soundstage (wide and deep).

I do not like to rank stuff, because IT03 and Capp MK2 both offer extremely good quality and SQ for the money. They just offer a very different experience in my opinion.

Feb 11, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #757 of 1,255
Are you sure rose better layering than it03.Other friend said that rose is better at bas
,It 03 is better mids and highs.
And how is bass depth comprasion?Not impact.
We will see at next months which iem is better.
There are many inconsistent info about this iem.
So we will wait and see.

Feb 11, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #758 of 1,255
Are you sure rose better layering than it03.Other friend said that rose is better at bas
,It 03 is better mids and highs.
And how is bass depth comprasion?Not impact.
We will see at next months which iem is better.
There are many inconsistent info about this iem.
So we will wait and see.

Not sure what point you're trying to make here.

"Better" doesn't mean anything to me, unless we're talking about an very objective and quantifiable parameter like isolation or built quality.
Absolute statements and rankings are the worst inventions ever when it comes to music.

I like comparisons with detailed descriptions because they will tell you if the IEM will fit your personal taste or not, again "better" or "worse" doesn't mean much when talking about SQ.

I gave MY sonic preferences (strong bass while retaining high clarity/details in mids/treble), I tried to give as much details as possible along this topic.
There is a detailed review which pretty much aligns with my thoughts.

I like IT03 because they offer a fatigueless smooth experience (they're like CH8.2 little brother, but offering 90% of the performance for 20% of the price), but I enjoy Capp MK2 better because they have awesome bass and a more energetic sound, that's all there is to it, it is personal in the end.

Feb 11, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #759 of 1,255
Somethings are personal but i he said better mids,its means better enstrument layering because mids include enstrument layering.
And your comments arent detailed.
You didnt answer my question about bass depth but there is no need.
Because your comments are very superficial.
Please comment with sound terms.
I am asking bass depth .You answer as better bass:)

Feb 11, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #760 of 1,255
When it comes to descriptions, you also need some sort of bassline in order to judge how close someone's observations might be to yours. A die hard BA listener will probably have differing views from a dynamic listener on what's considered bassy, bright, etc...

It can be a difficult hobby at times, but you'll never run out of people to argue with.

Feb 11, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #761 of 1,255
Tested both with Starboy and Royals.

Rose deeper and visceral bass, lets say this is a 10.
IT03 compared to the rose i would give it a 9.

If you guys want me to compare with more songs, send me the names.

Feb 11, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #763 of 1,255
About mids and highs.

IT03 Mids - 10
Rose Mids - 8

IT03 Highs - 10
Rose Highs - 9

IT03 Soundstage - 10
Rose Soundstage - 3

IT03 is in my opinion overall better and cheaper.

Hope this helps.

Feb 11, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #764 of 1,255
  About mids and highs.

IT03 Mids - 10
Rose Mids - 8

IT03 Highs - 10
Rose Highs - 9

IT03 Soundstage - 10
Rose Soundstage - 3

IT03 is in my opinion overall better and cheaper.

Hope this helps.

Thx if you add a bass point from your previous post,that will be great.And was your bass pointing on subbass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back