Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread
Feb 14, 2017 at 5:04 AM Post #781 of 1,255
Cool just noticed the impressions linked on page one. Seems the hybrids are all pretty bass heavy, I prefer leaner bass so might pass on these, but still tempted to try out the pudding or cappuccino. The mojito sound more my style.

Feb 14, 2017 at 7:46 AM Post #782 of 1,255
@T.R.A.N.C.E.  I don't know how experienced you are with earbuds, but for an earbud the Mojito has solid bass, but functionally earbuds are not designed for heavy bass production.  For anyone from an IEM/closed headphone background the Mojito won't seem bass heavy, but not so lean it's anemic.  The Mojito and Pudding for example are rather complimentary as the Pudding is certainly bass heavy, basically aiming for a basshead IEM with decent enough mids to not get lost in the rumble, and the Mojito strives for a large soundstage and detail-oriented while keeping enough bass to be enjoyable.  The Mojito is fairly close to a TOTL earbud, only really being surpassed by some vintage & a handful of other earbuds.  Everything past those is just a matter of taste on which is better suited.

Feb 16, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #784 of 1,255
  ROSE Mini2 is available on Penon Audio

http://penonaudio.com/Rose-Mini2-2BA-IEMs

Decent price, but that bass?

I realize that we can't see the X-axis of the graph (where the frequencies are listed), but still. Looks a bit disheartening. 

Feb 16, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #787 of 1,255
Mannnn... I just had Penon ship my Capp mk2 not so long ago, I should have asked them about the mini too!

But like..... what is the deal with that FR graph shot?! huh?!!?!?

Feb 17, 2017 at 2:29 AM Post #788 of 1,255
Oh sweet, penon replaced the fr graph for mini2.

mini2%20qq-700x700.png

Feb 18, 2017 at 5:12 AM Post #794 of 1,255
  I'd love to see Rose try something truly budget

I think the mini2 should be. but did they ever make a mini before? At least i wish the mini2 was more of a budget offering than it is. It had better be pretty dang good for 99 and having any knowles in it, at all.

Also I was lookin at the Capp mk2 page... uh, what's up with the stock cable? It looks like a horrible mess

Cap mk2 owners, does it at least sound good? This looks so ridiculous I don't even know where to start with it. I really wish I had a spare MMCX for this. barf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back