Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread
Feb 11, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #766 of 1,255

Thx if you add a bass point from your previous post,that will be great.And was your bass pointing on subbass?

Take these absolute comparison numbers with a grain of salt. While I don't own the IT03, I've heard it, and it's nothing out of the ordinary at the price point IMO.

Feb 11, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #767 of 1,255
Take these absolute comparison numbers with a grain of salt. While I don't own the IT03, I've heard it, and it's nothing out of the ordinary at the price point IMO.

I don't mean to be rude but that last sentence goes so far against the majority feeling that I recommend, with good intentions and your best interests at heart, that you given them another try for a little longer. Perhaps with different tips, another source (I use P1). Would you be prepared to do that?
There are few iems that I listen for a day or two that impress me on first hearing - including oBravo ERIB1 (an extraordinary planar earphone in many ways), Solar (read my review), Aurisonics Harmony (love it) and Oriolus. So first impressions.can be misleading and, like said before, so much can depend on pairings and other factors that is so difficult to make finite conclusions about an iem. By the way, when I said before that it03 has 'perfect balance', of course it was an opinion. Isn't that a given? Isn't that what all this forum is?

Feb 11, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #768 of 1,255
Tested both with Starboy and Royals.

Rose deeper and visceral bass, lets say this is a 10.
IT03 compared to the rose i would give it a 9.

If you guys want me to compare with more songs, send me the names.
Can you compare SW III for bass?

Feb 11, 2017 at 11:20 PM Post #769 of 1,255
I don't mean to be rude but that last sentence goes so far against the majority feeling that I recommend, with good intentions and your best interests at heart, that you given them another try for a little longer. Perhaps with different tips, another source (I use P1). Would you be prepared to do that?
There are few iems that I listen for a day or two that impress me on first hearing - including oBravo ERIB1 (an extraordinary planar earphone in many ways), Solar (read my review), Aurisonics Harmony (love it) and Oriolus. So first impressions.can be misleading and, like said before, so much can depend on pairings and other factors that is so difficult to make finite conclusions about an iem. By the way, when I said before that it03 has 'perfect balance', of course it was an opinion. Isn't that a given? Isn't that what all this forum is?

Don't worry, I didn't take this as rude at all. I'm not sure why you made your comments regarding opinions, as I didn't ever say anything contrary to what you said.

I ran the IT03 off my most linear and well-behaved source, the AP100 -> FiiO A5. Of course, I also tried it straight from the AP100 which made no difference in terms of sound. I used medium silicones, which couldn't really get my left ear a good seal, and some of my personal Comply eartips that came with another IEM. I spent a little over an hour with them before my friend who owns them had to take off.

However, I've written over 45 reviews at this point, so I've learned what does it for me and what doesn't. I've really only been caught off-guard by a couple IEMs with rather esoteric tuning that required some brain burn-in. However, what I want from an IEM is likely not what you want from one when it comes down to the specifics, and like you said, these are all opinions, so I'm not sure how you take issue with mine.

While I don't mind engaging with you further, this is a Rose thread, not an ITO3 one. Send me a message if you wish to continue. 

Feb 12, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #770 of 1,255
  Sub bass and bass are really close

Rose 10 - more rumble
IT03 9 - more precise

No rumble using a Cayin N5 as source (AKM 4490 set up with fast decay), while it is rumbling a little using a LG V10 as source, and a lot more using a Lotoo Paw Gold.
Be careful when comparing bass, the source can make a hell of a difference.

Same comment for soundstage, I don't really hear large differences between Capp MK2 and IT03 using the N5 with balanced output, while IT03 is a bit larger (not by much) in SE output.
Honestly I don't see why people insist on comparing those 2 IEMs, there are very different in SQ and clearly don't target the same audience.

Somethings are personal but i he said better mids,its means better enstrument layering because mids include enstrument layering.
And your comments arent detailed.
You didnt answer my question about bass depth but there is no need.
Because your comments are very superficial.
Please comment with sound terms.
I am asking bass depth .You answer as better bass:)

Please show some respect for people spending time answering other's questions, you are just being rude here.
And again please read answers, I never said better bass, you are the one overusing this word.

I can't wait for your enlightening review to get "educated", but for the time being, I'll take a break from this topic because it is becoming the usual comparison request feast, and I don't have enough time, especially to be "rewarded" with answers like yours.

Feb 12, 2017 at 1:53 AM Post #771 of 1,255
Don't worry, I didn't take this as rude at all. I'm not sure why you made your comments regarding opinions, as I didn't ever say anything contrary to what you said.

I ran the IT03 off my most linear and well-behaved source, the AP100 -> FiiO A5. Of course, I also tried it straight from the AP100 which made no difference in terms of sound. I used medium silicones, which couldn't really get my left ear a good seal, and some of my personal Comply eartips that came with another IEM. I spent a little over an hour with them before my friend who owns them had to take off.

However, I've written over 45 reviews at this point, so I've learned what does it for me and what doesn't. I've really only been caught off-guard by a couple IEMs with rather esoteric tuning that required some brain burn-in. However, what I want from an IEM is likely not what you want from one when it comes down to the specifics, and like you said, these are all opinions, so I'm not sure how you take issue with mine.

While I don't mind engaging with you further, this is a Rose thread, not an ITO3 one. Send me a message if you wish to continue. 

Shame...And there I was, preparing to tell everyone all about my other iems, giving a full rundown and comparisons out of 10 for each and every aspect. :wink:
I humbly accept your smack on the buttocks for wrongly continuing the IT03 shenanigans.

Apologies, Cinder btw - when I was referring to 'perfect balance' I should have referred back to someone else's reply - can't remember now.

Anyhoo, with that apology I'll get my coat and leave you to yourselves. Nighty night :)

Feb 12, 2017 at 2:04 AM Post #772 of 1,255
No rumble using a Cayin N5 as source (AKM 4490 set up with fast decay), while it is rumbling a little using a LG V10 as source, and a lot more using a Lotoo Paw Gold.
Be careful when comparing bass, the source can make a hell of a difference.

Same comment for soundstage, I don't really hear large differences between Capp MK2 and IT03 using the N5 with balanced output, while IT03 is a bit larger (not by much) in SE output.
Honestly I don't see why people insist on comparing those 2 IEMs, there are very different in SQ and clearly don't target the same audience.

Please show some respect for people spending time answering other's questions, you are just being rude here.
And again please read answers, I never said better bass, you are the one overusing this word.

I can't wait for your enlightening review to get "educated", but for the time being, I'll take a break from this topic because it is becoming the usual comparison request feast, and I don't have enough time, especially to be "rewarded" with answers like yours.

I wont argue.Look your previous messages to your post about bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back