Rooth LS8 Custom IEM Review: Crystal Clear Power & Dynamics
Jan 11, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #46 of 65
Talking to HFI, Tomo says the LS8 is being re-worked as the LS8+ and the sound signature will be different! He said I could wait for the plus or order the original now...

I'm kind of curious about the plus version, but then I liked the way the original was described, so I want to kind of order the old one maybe!

Feb 9, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #48 of 65
Hey joe.I was reading your review on the Earsonics EM4 and i must say that is a fantastic review really Enforced my resolve to buy them .And i have the neccessary cash now to be avaliable to now purchase EIther one Or the EM6.But i know its stupid to just say which is better between the 3.But instead what do you think will fit the sound signature im looking for.Since im just a student.All i can do is save up for IEM'S i havent Gotten an amp like ever. And i dont believe in getting cheap amps.So i just run it through My Iphone 3GS at 320KBPS.i dont know how to make them lossless though :p.so anyway im looking for A sound signature that goes like this oh btw the only High class IEM i got before this was a SM3.oh and if your curious on how i get my cash since im just a student I get a temporary part time job and save up all that cash for the One specific IEM.moving on

Bass:Good Deep Accurate fast But not overbearing also a very smooth with some good rumble

mids: Nice airy and precise also Punchy and airy would be good Similiar to that of the sm3

Treble:precise and Accurate while not being sharp i do really like a very Smooth treble i really cannot stand Sharp treble

so all in all something like a godmode version of the sm3 which Crushes the sm3 in every single Aspect.thanks joe and sorry to make you read this.Its just that i read your Reviews the most and find them Unbiased and very very sweet.! thanks in advance.your my last source of recommendation before i go ahead and purchase either one.Also feel free to add any additions to what you think fits my description of sound signature.once again thanks so much in advance!

Feb 9, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #49 of 65

Quote:
Hey joe.I was reading your review on the Earsonics EM4 and i must say that is a fantastic review really Enforced my resolve to buy them .And i have the neccessary cash now to be avaliable to now purchase EIther one Or the EM6.But i know its stupid to just say which is better between the 3.But instead what do you think will fit the sound signature im looking for.Since im just a student.All i can do is save up for IEM'S i havent Gotten an amp like ever. And i dont believe in getting cheap amps.So i just run it through My Iphone 3GS at 320KBPS.i dont know how to make them lossless though :p.so anyway im looking for A sound signature that goes like this oh btw the only High class IEM i got before this was a SM3.oh and if your curious on how i get my cash since im just a student I get a temporary part time job and save up all that cash for the One specific IEM.moving on

Bass:Good Deep Accurate fast But not overbearing also a very smooth with some good rumble

mids: Nice airy and precise also Punchy and airy would be good Similiar to that of the sm3

Treble:precise and Accurate while not being sharp i do really like a very Smooth treble i really cannot stand Sharp treble

so all in all something like a godmode version of the sm3 which Crushes the sm3 in every single Aspect.thanks joe and sorry to make you read this.Its just that i read your Reviews the most and find them Unbiased and very very sweet.! thanks in advance.your my last source of recommendation before i go ahead and purchase either one.Also feel free to add any additions to what you think fits my description of sound signature.once again thanks so much in advance!

Please read here and narrow it down. Then ask in that thread.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/541494/multi-custom-iem-review-resource-mfg-list-discussion-thread-16-reviews

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #50 of 65

Quote:

Thank you for your question That-stingy-dud, I have replied here.

Mar 2, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #54 of 65

Quote:
Just a little update for those interested:

The Rooth LS8+ is now available. I asked what the changes were from the LS8, and I was told by HFI it was "more neutral; I feel like it's a really nice monitor now."

It doesn't seem to be on their website yet.
and which email did you contact HFI?

And you know how do the bass and treble quantity compare with the LS8?

Mar 3, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #55 of 65

Quote:
Just a little update for those interested:

The Rooth LS8+ is now available. I asked what the changes were from the LS8, and I was told by HFI it was "more neutral; I feel like it's a really nice monitor now."

I think it is Japan only, at least for now.  HFI is the one to talk to about the LS8+.

May 21, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #56 of 65
Hey Avg Joe

Do you know anything about Rooth's custom Hybrid? I have the LS8 I bought a out two years ago, which are still good, but was thinking about their new Hybrid which has a different sound signature than the LS8 or their new LS8+ which may not be a significant difference than the LS8.

May 21, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #58 of 65
What's your initial impression of the LSX5s?

May 21, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #59 of 65
Quote:
What's your initial impression of the LSX5s?

The integration of the drivers is the best I have heard from a hybrid!  And the bass is neutral when it should be and powerful when the track requires it.

May 21, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #60 of 65
The integration of the drivers is the best I have heard from a hybrid!  And the bass is neutral when it should be and powerful when the track requires it.

Thanks for the initial impression. I will see if I can test them out at e-earphone here in Tokyo.

Tomo from HiFi intl said they had a pair to test out. I'd like to compare them to my LS8s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back