Rooth demos: the evaluation of Rooth lineup – liquid clarity
Nov 22, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #166 of 189
What do you guys think of the rooth ls5x? How do they sound like?

We meet again. =)

I've had LS5X on extended home audition. It was OK, but in all honesty not something I'd buy personally. It was detailed and technically capable though treble was quite hot / spikey. Something cheaper like the Fidue A83 or Altone200 3-way is my preference.

I must add the bass quality was very nice, right up there but it's highs and fit were the culprit for me.

Nov 22, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #167 of 189
We meet again. =)

I've had LS5X on extended home audition. It was OK, but in all honesty not something I'd buy personally. It was detailed and technically capable though treble was quite hot / spikey. Something cheaper like the Fidue A83 or Altone200 3-way is my preference.

I must add the bass quality was very nice, right up there but it's highs and fit were the culprit for me.

Hi, yes we meet again , how do they compare to the RDB V1?

Nov 22, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #168 of 189
Hi, yes we meet again , how do they compare to the RDB V1?

Considering the gap between owning the RDB and Rooth demo I'm walking blind. I can tell you however I enjoyed the RDB much more, a lot more.

Best advice I can give is demoing a product before buying (especially above $300) is the key to avoiding buyers remorse. Being able to demo gear I won't buy anything blind above that price.

Nov 22, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #169 of 189
Yeah, i never actually buy blind besides my DT1350 and my 215 , I guess I will try between those three (the RDB V4 ,RDB V1 and then the rooth) they are all priced simmiliarly by the seller so its only up to sound and fit comfort.

Jan 25, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #170 of 189
I've just discovered the Rooth lineup and they sound right up my street with their bright side of neutral sound. Any recommendations from the range with fairly upfront presentation/vocals and more bass than neutral? I thought the LS8+ might fit the bill, but wasn't sure about the mids or vocals.

Jan 26, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #171 of 189
I've just discovered the Rooth lineup and they sound right up my street with their bright side of neutral sound. Any recommendations from the range with fairly upfront presentation/vocals and more bass than neutral? I thought the LS8+ might fit the bill, but wasn't sure about the mids or vocals.

I will suggest either lsx5 or ls10. Lsx5 imo fair better in bass and vocal while offering smooth treble. Ls10 offer more details and extension across the spectrums. Ls10 is also the smoothest and the most liquid sounding of entire rooth lineup but lack the texture and bass reverb of lsx5. Ls8+ sound like in between ls10 & lsx5. It lack the extension of ls10 and lack the texture and reverb of lsx5. However that isn't to say ls8+ don't have it own merit. Ls8+ sounds the most energetic and exciting among the entire rooth lineup Imo. YMMV.

Btw, i own lsx5, ls8+ and heard ls10 demo

Jan 27, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #172 of 189
I will suggest either lsx5 or ls10. Lsx5 imo fair better in bass and vocal while offering smooth treble. Ls10 offer more details and extension across the spectrums. Ls10 is also the smoothest and the most liquid sounding of entire rooth lineup but lack the texture and bass reverb of lsx5. Ls8+ sound like in between ls10 & lsx5. It lack the extension of ls10 and lack the texture and reverb of lsx5. However that isn't to say ls8+ don't have it own merit. Ls8+ sounds the most energetic and exciting among the entire rooth lineup Imo. YMMV.

Btw, i own lsx5, ls8+ and heard ls10 demo

Do you own the NT6? If so, how do you compare them?

Jan 27, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #173 of 189
  Do you own the NT6? If so, how do you compare them?

hi jelt,

unfortunately i don't. After being in this hobby for so long, I'm quite specific in the sound sig I'm looking after and NT6 isn't the type of sound I'm after

Jan 27, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #174 of 189
hi jelt,

unfortunately i don't. After being in this hobby for so long, I'm quite specific in the sound sig I'm looking after and NT6 isn't the type of sound I'm after

Thanks :) my personal fav so far is the ls8+, but Ive only tried the 8, 8+ and x.

Jan 28, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #175 of 189
Has anyone tried the LS6?

I'm going to Japan in March and am thinking of ordering an LS6 when I get there.

I'm a bit worried about the reported "spike" in the upper mids with the Rooth IEMs.

I prefer a flat signature.

Jan 28, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #176 of 189
  Has anyone tried the LS6?

I'm going to Japan in March and am thinking of ordering an LS6 when I get there.

I'm a bit worried about the reported "spike" in the upper mids with the Rooth IEMs.

I prefer a flat signature.

LS6 does not exhibit a spike in upper mid and considered the most neutral and treble smooth in the Rooth line up. LS8+ and LS5X can be spiky at times.

LS8 shares similar signature to LS6, albeit slightly better in treble extension. LS4 on the other hand, too bassy to be considered even close to neutral. 

However, the main reason for my post is, this is no good time to order Rooth in Japan now since the distributor has decided to move on to other interests and ceased operation totally.

I am sure everything will be transited smoothly eventually, but nay at the current moment.

Jan 28, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #177 of 189
However, the main reason for my post is, this is no good time to order Rooth in Japan now since the distributor has decided to move on to other interests and ceased operation totally.

I am sure everything will be transited smoothly eventually, but nay at the current moment.

Oh damn that's why I haven't had a reply to my messages (I even wrote in Japanese). I don't suppose there is another distributor to purchase Rooth earphones from? Otherwise, it looks like I'll have to get new ear impressions done by the time things are sorted.

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #178 of 189
Oh damn that's why I haven't had a reply to my messages (I even wrote in Japanese). I don't suppose there is another distributor to purchase Rooth earphones from? Otherwise, it looks like I'll have to get new ear impressions done by the time things are sorted.

In Japan, no at the moment. In other countries yes. null audio in Singapore is the only other one that I know of.

Jan 29, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #179 of 189

In Japan, no at the moment. In other countries yes. null audio in Singapore is the only other one that I know of.

Yes, and I live next door to Singapore (in Malaysia).

Unfortunately, Null Audio does not offer the head-fi discount that Tomo offers. Ordering through Null means paying an extra $100-$150 once shipping is included for some models.

Jan 29, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #180 of 189
Before I pull the trigger on the LS8+, can anyone tell me how it compares to the ATH-CK10? I gather from average joe's review of the LS8 (non plus) that it has a similar sound to the CK10. I've really liked Audio Technica's universals except the IM03, which I bought on a whim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back