Roon is live
Jul 10, 2022 at 5:26 AM Post #482 of 701
Jul 10, 2022 at 5:52 AM Post #483 of 701
would like roon with apple too, but it won't happen anytime soon, so I ditch roon and use only AM

Jul 12, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #485 of 701
I came across this little cheap, mini, fanless PC on Amazon and decided to try it as a Roon Bridge. Out of the box it comes preloaded with a pretty optimized version of Windows 11 Pro that passed DPC latency checker with flying colors. I connected it to a USB DAC and I now have a little Roon Streamer for $250...did I mention it's fanless and the size of a cell phone? I'm certain this would even be able to run Roon Server, which could make it your core. It's been streaming music non-stop and flawlessly for the past 48 hours, so I can give it a strong endorsement.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09XB3WL91

Edit: on sale for prime day!

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2022 at 9:53 AM Post #486 of 701
Sep 17, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #489 of 701
Rumors are Roon mobile. Not sure how that would work. But whatever it is, I am excited.

Sep 17, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #490 of 701
Rumors are Roon mobile. Not sure how that would work. But whatever it is, I am excited.
That seems to be the most popular rumor out there. There's an active discussion on the Roon Forums

Sep 17, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #491 of 701
It shows ppl enjoying music outdoors with Roon so definitely it’s Roon going mobile. I would be disappointed if it doesn’t turn out to be.

Sep 18, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #493 of 701
I came across this little cheap, mini, fanless PC on Amazon and decided to try it as a Roon Bridge. Out of the box it comes preloaded with a pretty optimized version of Windows 11 Pro that passed DPC latency checker with flying colors. I connected it to a USB DAC and I now have a little Roon Streamer for $250...did I mention it's fanless and the size of a cell phone? I'm certain this would even be able to run Roon Server, which could make it your core. It's been streaming music non-stop and flawlessly for the past 48 hours, so I can give it a strong endorsement.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09XB3WL91

Edit: on sale for prime day!
I’ve been using that unit for the past couple years as as mobile Roon server when I travel. Works remarkably well.

Sep 18, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #494 of 701
I’ve been using that unit for the past couple years as as mobile Roon server when I travel. Works remarkably well.
They just came out with an upgraded unit (same price) that is PD compatible, so you can even power it off a battery pack now. These things are insanely useful and what impressed me was how optimized they were right out of the box. No bloat, and double digit low DPC latency numbers. Ideal for realtime audio streaming over USB.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #495 of 701
That seems to be the most popular rumor out there. There's an active discussion on the Roon Forums
It shows ppl enjoying music outdoors with Roon so definitely it’s Roon going mobile. I would be disappointed if it doesn’t turn out to be.
Super interesting. I really do hope it's roon mobile. But I can't say that's what I'm getting from the teasers. To me they imply something about music videos. Who knows, maybe we'll get both...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back