Roll Call: Who's building, built, or thinking of building a beta22?
Feb 3, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #2,326 of 3,218
Feb 3, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #2,327 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by MoodySteve /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LeMat, I am not sure if they make any that are the right size for a ß22 (most seem to be more 'compact') but MiniSemi will soon be selling cases with curved edges/corners on their website.

High end enclosure chassis available soon at Minisemi.com - diyAudio

Thanks. It starts to look like what I want. I don't know whether they'll do custom size but a chance, they are in Montreal... me too
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 3, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #2,328 of 3,218
My first project, CMOY of course. Friend is teaching me and another person how to solder. We're going to start with a simple LED light board to learn the basics, then move on to the CMOY.

My Aoyue 936 arrived yesterday (still shopping for a multimeter) along with a set of 'helping hands' and a spool of solder.

I can't wait!

Scott

Opps sorry misread what the thread was about, my bad!

Feb 4, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #2,329 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeMat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad to hear that ! I know it's usually higher than specified but I wasn't expecting it to be that much.
So I'll be able to connect it to my s22 tonight and see how it goes.
Thanks

So it's now connected and it worked !! slighty low but ok : 29.28v
beyersmile.png

Feb 4, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #2,331 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got these parts sitting around and unsure what to do with them... should I build a beta22, or a really bitchin' toaster oven?

Hmmm, would that be called a Bagel22?
biggrin.gif

This is one to keep an eye on! I happen to know a bit about this build, and it's going to be a stunner. No real surprise though with Fitz at the helm.

Feb 4, 2010 at 6:08 AM Post #2,333 of 3,218
Making some progress:

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0001_1.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0003_2.jpg

I have since added the MOSFETs to the S22 in the pictures and both boards are working well. I'm still waiting on some capacitors for the B22 boards but I should have those done within a week or two.

Feb 4, 2010 at 6:25 AM Post #2,334 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got these parts sitting around and unsure what to do with them... should I build a beta22, or a really bitchin' toaster oven?

beta22parts.jpg

How are you going to be attaching the FETs to those sinks, without running into potential oscillation problems? I’m curious as I’ve got a build progressing where I’ve gone down a custom sink path...
smile_phones.gif

Feb 4, 2010 at 6:54 AM Post #2,335 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnwmclean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How are you going to be attaching the FETs to those sinks, without running into potential oscillation problems? I’m curious as I’ve got a build progressing where I’ve gone down a custom sink path...
smile_phones.gif

The amp boards will mount directly to the heatsinks with standoffs, and the mosfets will be soldered underneath the board. Lead length will be essentially the same as it would with on-board heatsinks, so it doesn't introduce any oscillation problems. In the case of the power supply, I'll just go the typical angle-bracket route.

Feb 4, 2010 at 8:22 AM Post #2,336 of 3,218
Quote:

1. Casing : I see the vast majority of people having built a b22 encased it into a square edged enclosure. Assuming I'd like something with curved edge, like these exemples :
RE77
W-8

326S

Where could I get such case ? I'm aware that high-end audio companies have the ressources to machine their own fancy faceplate but audio-gd seem to use a quarter cylinder to round-up the corner.

How about Hexateq case?

_MG_4874.jpg

Here is one nice build using that case: Picasa Web Albums - Vincent - Multichannel UCD

Feb 4, 2010 at 4:11 PM Post #2,338 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by jantze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about Hexateq case?

_MG_4874.jpg

Here is one nice build using that case: Picasa Web Albums - Vincent - Multichannel UCD

Looks good ! but I must say it's a bit big and I wanted something black.
Thing is I'm building a b22 with the transfo in its own enclosure. I would have to change my plan and have it back in the box. Sure I have a shielded transfo but most of the people here recommend me to keep it separated. Purist approach
smily_headphones1.gif

Regarding the htpc case, never thought at it... definitely a path to explore.

Feb 4, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #2,339 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by aloksatoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how about a few htpc cases? silverstone lian li makes good ones and you can easily remove the cooling fans et all

Do you think it would be possible to customize the faceplate ? I don't have the equipment to drill hole and so on... I intended relying on front panel express... unless I could find in my area some manufacturer with a CNC machine kind enough to accomodate a particular...

Feb 4, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #2,340 of 3,218
Quote:

Regarding the htpc case, never thought at it... definitely a path to explore.

Check out HFX cases.

593-front-c.jpg

586-front-c.jpg

HFX - Home

Users who are viewing this thread

Back