Roll Call: Who's building, built, or thinking of building a beta22?
Feb 6, 2010 at 1:15 AM Post #2,343 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got these parts sitting around and unsure what to do with them... should I build a beta22, or a really bitchin' toaster oven?

I just don't understand; WHY is it that people are so hung up on either/or situations??

its not either/or.

it can be BOTH. just plan for some wide heat vents in case you like your bread^Wtoast cut thicker.

(lol....)

Feb 6, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #2,344 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just don't understand; WHY is it that people are so hung up on either/or situations??

its not either/or.

it can be BOTH. just plan for some wide heat vents in case you like your bread^Wtoast cut thicker.

(lol....)

But does the kind of bread you toast affect the sound? I mean, it won't make the sound become empty and lifeless if I happen to put in some white bread, will it?

Feb 6, 2010 at 2:04 AM Post #2,346 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But does the kind of bread you toast affect the sound? I mean, it won't make the sound become empty and lifeless if I happen to put in some white bread, will it?

Only if you eat the bread right away. If you toast it slowly for the next 2000 hours and let us know how it changes every 15 minutes it should be fine. Also make sure you cryo treat your toaster and only use the purest silver/nichrome element.

Feb 6, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #2,347 of 3,218
Fitz said:-
I got these parts sitting around and unsure what to do with them... .

Give 'em to me. It'll be a good start to a 6 Channel B22 I want to build.

Feb 6, 2010 at 3:04 AM Post #2,348 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by naamanf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only if you eat the bread right away. If you toast it slowly for the next 2000 hours and let us know how it changes every 15 minutes it should be fine.

slow? I'm not sure I agree.

go tandoori style. hot and fast.

wink.gif

Feb 7, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #2,349 of 3,218
Just finished. Finally. Tested perfectly and they're all cased up and glowing. Will post pics soon.

Feb 7, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #2,350 of 3,218
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just finished. Finally. Tested perfectly and they're all cased up and glowing. Will post pics soon.

congratulations!

Feb 7, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #2,352 of 3,218
Took a couple of quick pics with my cell phone. This thing dwarfs my dorm room. It doesn't look right, but oh well. The whole thing is made from 3/16" scrap aluminum that I rescued from the shop at school. It was a little beat up, and has some dings that I couldn't sand out, but that adds character. The finish is just 600 grit with an orbital sander. It is fit to within .005", for the hell of it, and is held together with aluminum L-bracket at the corners.

I have a Valab stepper, and amphenol jacks, with a neutrik powercon umbilical. The switch is a bulgin latching model, and is connected to a relay.

The amp is 3 channel, not balanced even though it has a 4pin xlr jack. I just used xlr to negate the short problems with TRS and 4 pin so I don't have to recable my phones again or make new cables if I go balanced.

I will post better pics when I can borrow someones camera.

cimg0005s.jpg

cimg0004h.jpg

cimg0003o.jpg

Feb 8, 2010 at 12:58 AM Post #2,354 of 3,218
^Yeah. It's crazy that I was able to find 4 16x12" plates basically in the garbage.

The amp sounds great so far. It gets surprisingly toasty. I am really happy to be done, both because I have the amp and because I have reclaimed my room from all of the components, soldering irons, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back