Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 13, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #4,471 of 4,743
Hey guys
I recently put in an order for the Sennheiser HD6XX with massdrop
since they do not deliver to India... Ive asked them to deliver a friend living in America
I was wondering if i should ask my friend to courier them to me once theyre delivered
was wondering what the import procedure is going to be like
will there be any custom duties?
i ordered the Mayflower ARC amp/dac recently and it was delivered without any custom duty
is there anything i can do to avoid customs?
thanks in advance

Mar 13, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #4,472 of 4,743
Hey guys
since they do not deliver to India... Ive asked them to deliver a friend living in America
I was wondering if i should ask my friend to courier them to me once theyre delivered
i ordered the Mayflower ARC amp/dac recently and it was delivered without any custom duty
thanks in advance
Since HD6xx box would be bigger it will come under scrutiny of customs officer. If you are using USPS first class then there is a chance (though very minor) that no customs will be charged. If you can get them hand carried via someone coming to India it would be better, otherwise customs can be charged at roughly 42% of declared value + shipping.

Mar 16, 2018 at 1:08 AM Post #4,473 of 4,743
Hey guys
thanks in advance

Who told you that Massdrop doesnot deliver to India? I have an amp that has arrived through DHL and forwarded to Indian Post held in customs clearance. Should be delivered in a week. As far as duty is concerned anything over & above $100 will fetch 25-30 percent.

Mar 16, 2018 at 1:30 AM Post #4,474 of 4,743
Who told you that Massdrop doesnot deliver to India? I have an amp that has arrived through DHL and forwarded to Indian Post held in customs clearance. Should be delivered in a week. As far as duty is concerned anything over & above $100 will fetch 25-30 percent.

This. Unless otherwise specified on their website, Massdrop delivers to India. @Shetzu, did you order the MCTH? I had mine delivered two days ago. And, by the way, that duty is 42%

Mar 16, 2018 at 1:34 AM Post #4,475 of 4,743
This. Unless otherwise specified on their website, Massdrop delivers to India. @Shetzu, did you order the MCTH? I had mine delivered two days ago. And, by the way, that duty is 42%
Yes you are right . It is the MCTH. How much did 42% work out in INR. Let me know. This customs are looters for sure. For a $250 amp which cost me with shipping INR 18k 42% is higher side. Well I do hope I get it this week or by Monday.. Let me know how you like it and performance.

Mar 16, 2018 at 1:40 AM Post #4,476 of 4,743
Yes you are right . It is the MCTH. How much did 42% work out in INR. Let me know. This customs are looters for sure. For a $250 amp which cost me with shipping INR 18k 42% is higher side. Well I do hope I get it this week or by Monday.. Let me know how you like it and performance.

I got shafted, errr..., billed for INR 7,232. You bet its way on the higher side. I am planning extensive listening over the weekend. Will definitely post impressions.

Mar 16, 2018 at 3:00 AM Post #4,477 of 4,743
I got shafted, errr..., billed for INR 7,232. You bet its way on the higher side. I am planning extensive listening over the weekend. Will definitely post impressions.

All the best. Look forward to the impressions.

Mar 16, 2018 at 3:04 AM Post #4,478 of 4,743
Massdrop doesn’t ship everything to India, for hd6xx india is not part of countries where shipping is available. Another example would be Focal Elex, where shipping is available only for I think 4 countries. Not sure what the logic is behind that..

Mar 16, 2018 at 3:09 AM Post #4,479 of 4,743
Massdrop doesn’t ship everything to India, for hd6xx india is not part of countries where shipping is available. Another example would be Focal Elex, where shipping is available only for I think 4 countries. Not sure what the logic is behind that..

My mistake, I thought anything could be shipped. It is really strange why they are choosing which item can be shipped to India. I almost bought the Elex but changed my mid and got the LCD2C.

Mar 16, 2018 at 3:11 AM Post #4,480 of 4,743
There are instances Massdrop excludes counties like India on some HD6xx drops too.. not all HD6xx drops ship to India. Strange indeed!

Mar 16, 2018 at 4:30 AM Post #4,481 of 4,743
They usually dont ship large packages to India, most of the speakers, gaming chairs and specially massdrop exclusive headphones dont come to India. There is no definite pattern here though. All of the earphones ship to India so one can suspect that its the size of the package here.

Mar 16, 2018 at 4:41 AM Post #4,482 of 4,743
Also cases and cables from elsewhere get charged with a 42% duty if that makes any sense.
The bottomless pit that the indian customs is :wink:

Mar 16, 2018 at 4:47 AM Post #4,483 of 4,743
Also cases and cables from elsewhere get charged with a 42% duty if that makes any sense.
The bottomless pit that the indian customs is :wink:
Eternal sufferers we are, are we not? And who told you to buy that many cases, one too many for the zx-300, dont you think.. Look at me, no case for my R. Did we paid 42% for any cable?

Mar 16, 2018 at 4:57 AM Post #4,484 of 4,743
Eternal sufferers we are, are we not? And who told you to buy that many cases, one too many for the zx-300, dont you think.. Look at me, no case for my R. Did we paid 42% for any cable?
very soon we are going to pay for cables. Oh and i wish i had got the dignis red leather instead of the nubuck for the zx300 :wink:

Mar 16, 2018 at 5:16 AM Post #4,485 of 4,743
very soon we are going to pay for cables. Oh and i wish i had got the dignis red leather instead of the nubuck for the zx300 :wink:

No sir no no.. we already have to pay some for those customs, I aint paying for cables.. nope nope.. no no..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back