Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 16, 2018 at 5:26 AM Post #4,487 of 4,743
I got shafted, errr..., billed for INR 7,232. You bet its way on the higher side. I am planning extensive listening over the weekend. Will definitely post impressions.
Would be interested to hear your impressions on the amps you aquired recently. :)

Mar 16, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #4,488 of 4,743
Following is the status of my shipment. Damn Customs.

Screen_Shot_2018-03-16_at_5.59.19_PM.png

This is my MCTH.

Mar 17, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #4,490 of 4,743
Brief impressions on the MCTH:

I received this on March 13 and putting it through its paces. Its been on for only more than an hour. My Mac Mini (I use the Audirvana music player on the Mini) is the source of my music, feeding a Lynx AES16e card which is hooked to the AES input of the Yggdrasil (no USB for me). I am using the stock EH 6922 tube for now. My HPs are the HD 600 and the Focal Elear.

This is an accurate, neutral-sounding amp with just a hint of the "tubey" flavor. Its very refined with no obvious rough edges. It's got very good detail with nice extension at the top end. However, its a bit laid back (may change as the amp is used a lot more). I am at the 10 am position on the volume pot (normally I do not go past the 9 am position). People looking for bass slam will be a bit disappointed. You might want to use a warmer DAC (and the Yggy is a warm DAC). Nevertheless, its an engaging amp and well worth the price.

Mar 19, 2018 at 5:48 AM Post #4,491 of 4,743
Brief impressions on the MCTH:

I received this on March 13 and putting it through its paces. Its been on for only more than an hour. My Mac Mini (I use the Audirvana music player on the Mini) is the source of my music, feeding a Lynx AES16e card which is hooked to the AES input of the Yggdrasil (no USB for me). I am using the stock EH 6922 tube for now. My HPs are the HD 600 and the Focal Elear.

This is an accurate, neutral-sounding amp with just a hint of the "tubey" flavor. Its very refined with no obvious rough edges. It's got very good detail with nice extension at the top end. However, its a bit laid back (may change as the amp is used a lot more). I am at the 10 am position on the volume pot (normally I do not go past the 9 am position). People looking for bass slam will be a bit disappointed. You might want to use a warmer DAC (and the Yggy is a warm DAC). Nevertheless, its an engaging amp and well worth the price.

Sounds good. Received mine today and paid custom fee Rs 6832/-. Best part my local Postman called me and informed me which was pretty impressive.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #4,492 of 4,743
Sounds good. Received mine today and paid custom fee Rs 6832/-. Best part my local Postman called me and informed me which was pretty impressive.
Awesome. BTW, as you continue to burn-in the tube, the sound quality really steps up. The bass slam I was looking for is starting to show up. Overall SQ is really good and continues to be neutralism with very nice extension at either end. I have used a few HPs now - Focal Clear, modded HD 650 and 800, stock HD 600. My modded HD 650 really stands out with this amp.

Mar 22, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #4,493 of 4,743
Awesome. BTW, as you continue to burn-in the tube, the sound quality really steps up. The bass slam I was looking for is starting to show up. Overall SQ is really good and continues to be neutralism with very nice extension at either end. I have used a few HPs now - Focal Clear, modded HD 650 and 800, stock HD 600. My modded HD 650 really stands out with this amp.
Hello... I was looking forward to this amp.. Could you guys help me, currently have Idsd black as my sole source. Will it be really an upgrade
Headphones being Hd650, elears he560

Mar 23, 2018 at 2:51 AM Post #4,494 of 4,743

Thanks. Will be burning in a bit. I have found both Hd800 & LCD2c to be an excellent combo with the MCTH. Maybe after a while it will become more smoother.

Mar 23, 2018 at 2:53 AM Post #4,495 of 4,743
Hello... I was looking forward to this amp.. Could you guys help me, currently have Idsd black as my sole source. Will it be really an upgrade

IDSD is a great Dac. Yes this amp will be a great upgrade. You can route your music from any source through the dac IDSD and use MCTH amp to listen to you HP HD650 or others.

Mar 23, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #4,496 of 4,743

I generally find the all-in-one (AIO) solutions like the Fulla 2, Geek X/f/i to be wanting in the amp section. Now I have not heard the IDSD so cannot comment. I did own the RME ADI-2 DAC/Amp briefly. Now that is an outstanding DAC. The amp was more than decent. However, I definitely prefer DACs and amps as separates. That said, the HD 650 and the Focal Elear are really good with this amp.

Mar 25, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #4,497 of 4,743
@suman134 and I met for a listening session

IMG_20180325_164147.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back