Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 25, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #4,367 of 4,743
Thanks for the suggestion. They do look interesting. Any leads on whether monoprice products can be sourced locally? Or getting them shipped in is the only way?
Not that I know of. But to give you an indicator, 3 day shipping via UPS on the much larger M1060 was about USD 55, this would be perhaps half that amount.

Sep 26, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #4,368 of 4,743
Hello guys need some advice...
Thinking of upgrading my source to either a dap x5iii or mojo.. Need to have support for play music,tidal
To be used with unique melody Martian, se846, hd650.
Prefer a smooth non analytical sound

Sep 27, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #4,370 of 4,743
Hello guys need some advice...
Thinking of upgrading my source to either a dap x5iii or mojo.. Need to have support for play music,tidal
To be used with unique melody Martian, se846, hd650.
Prefer a smooth non analytical sound

Both are different devices altogether in terms of use and usability. I use the Mojo, but don't stream any music. My Mojo stays attached to my DAP (currently a FiiO X3 1st gen) and plays via its coaxial output.

Your IEMs would be suited to both the Mojo and X5iii as far as I know. Sound-wise I can vouch for the Mojo to be very 'realistic' sounding, which to me translates as non-analytical, I guess, but it would strongly depend on your IEM's signature and tonality as well.

Say what is your current source?

Sep 27, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #4,371 of 4,743
Both are different devices altogether in terms of use and usability. I use the Mojo, but don't stream any music. My Mojo stays attached to my DAP (currently a FiiO X3 1st gen) and plays via its coaxial output.

Your IEMs would be suited to both the Mojo and X5iii as far as I know. Sound-wise I can vouch for the Mojo to be very 'realistic' sounding, which to me translates as non-analytical, I guess, but it would strongly depend on your IEM's signature and tonality as well.

Say what is your current source?
Hey thanks there.. actually bcoz of non portability I stopped using HD650 and DT1350 since quite a long time. shifted to iems just recently , so looking for a single device with streaming app support
right now using HIDIZS ap100 with fiio e12. might sell of both my hp

Sep 29, 2017 at 1:58 AM Post #4,372 of 4,743
Hey thanks there.. actually bcoz of non portability I stopped using HD650 and DT1350 since quite a long time. shifted to iems just recently , so looking for a single device with streaming app support
right now using HIDIZS ap100 with fiio e12. might sell of both my hp

Alright, I would personally recommend a DAP for purely portable use and for your streaming preferences, one that you feel doesn't compromise too much on your main home setup (maybe the X7 II instead of X5 III?). If you are comfortable attaching something like the Mojo to your iPhone or Android, I would definitely recommend getting the Mojo instead because it can also function as your main DAC at home, even if you feel the need to upgrade your amp later on for more demanding headphones.

Finally, purely from a sound quality (and driving power) perspective, the Mojo is pretty hard to beat at its price; the closest (albeit with different form factor and usage scenarios) in my opinion is the iDSD Black Label. There might be a couple others, but you won't go wrong with either of these.

Cheers

Sep 30, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #4,374 of 4,743
Looking to offload ifi idsd silver(2 years old) along with hifiman he400i (1 year old). If anyone interested can pm me.
how much are you looking for ifi idsd silver?

Oct 5, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #4,377 of 4,743
Getting an offer for a used Dragonfly Black for around 6k, was saving money for cayin n3, now I know it's not fair to compare a dap and a dac, but purely based on sound quality which will be better?

Oct 5, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #4,378 of 4,743
The upgrade bug has hit me...
Plan to sell or trade my Shure se846 at a great price.. PM me
Just curious what upgrade are you looking at. I thought Se846 was really a high end in IEMs. Also what price are you looking at for your 846. How about providing a bit of details about it like age , condition etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back