Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 5, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #4,383 of 4,743
I have been lucky at times and not so much most of the time. Customs duty varies from 26% to 44%, which is mostly dependent on the breakfast the customs officer has. There is no logical nexus between the duty levied and the existing law. Therefore even if they charge a 40% duty it would come to about 2k, It mostly depends where you buy from and the shipping method. Wish you all the luck.

Oct 5, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #4,384 of 4,743
I have been lucky at times and not so much most of the time. Customs duty varies from 26% to 44%, which is mostly dependent on the breakfast the customs officer has. There is no logical nexus between the duty levied and the existing law. Therefore even if they charge a 40% duty it would come to about 2k, It mostly depends where you buy from and the shipping method. Wish you all the luck.

Sir would you recommend me to go for the Dragonfly Black used for 5k?

Oct 5, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #4,385 of 4,743
Sir would you recommend me to go for the Dragonfly Black used for 5k?
All recommendations are subjective. The DFB is good from what i read, have never heard them. It would certainly be a step up from your current setup if you use hp out straight from the laptop etc.

Oct 6, 2017 at 4:05 AM Post #4,387 of 4,743
How much will the customs get charged if I purchased zorloo zuperdac it costs around 79 usd which is approx 5k indian money.
Normally for anything costing less than $100 will not fetch customs duty.

Oct 6, 2017 at 4:16 AM Post #4,388 of 4,743
Normally for anything costing less than $100 will not fetch customs duty.
actually nowdays they are charging customs for anything over $20.

Oct 12, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #4,389 of 4,743
Selling my QP1R and thinking of getting the Sony NW-ZX300, primarily to try out LDAC since I picked up the WH-1000XM2 a few days ago for on the go use. Do you think there are any other DAPs out there that are worth auditioning as well? Thinned everything down to the Heir 8A and the AKR02, maybe one more high-end single driver dynamic sometime soon. All my gear is pretty easy to drive so sheer power in a DAP isn't too much of an issue.

Oct 12, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #4,390 of 4,743
Why dont you try the WM1A as well. The zx300 is stalled to be released in India. Date unconfirmed but the page is up on the indian Sony site.

Oct 13, 2017 at 12:22 AM Post #4,391 of 4,743
Why dont you try the WM1A as well. The zx300 is stalled to be released in India. Date unconfirmed but the page is up on the indian Sony site.
It's a bit larger, a lot heavier and I expect it to be at least 50-60% more expensive than the ZX300 when it's released. I was just told that pre-orders will start next week with delivery in early NOV in Singapore.

Will also try out the WM1A though.

Oct 13, 2017 at 3:00 AM Post #4,392 of 4,743
It's a bit larger, a lot heavier and I expect it to be at least 50-60% more expensive than the ZX300 when it's released. I was just told that pre-orders will start next week with delivery in early NOV in Singapore.

Will also try out the WM1A though.
True. However some say that the SE might not be at par with the earlier zx2. The champion being the balanced 4.4mm. Good to know Singapore has a timeline. No such luck in India.
You could even give the AK70 MKII a try but the battery is a no go in comparison to the Sony.

On a different note. Do you get DDCs easily in Singapore? and if yes where would one manage to find one of THESE? Thanks

Oct 13, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #4,393 of 4,743
That's true, will be using the 4.4mm jack and the wireless LDAC if I do get one.

Most gear is available locally in Singapore, especially if you're into speakers. Believe there are at least 2 of Sennheiser's new Orpheus in the city already! There are a ton of stores but some good deals can be found on forums and the group buys they offer. It's sometimes however cheaper to import from abroad. Imports below S$400 are tax free and anything above is taxed at 7% flat.

The difference in US retail prices and local ones seem to be evening out over the last few years and second hand prices for most gear is on par or better than the head-fi classifieds.

Oct 13, 2017 at 3:29 AM Post #4,394 of 4,743
You are in the ideal place to be an audiophile. I read an article wherein it was argued that Singapore has the most concentration of audiophiles than anywhere in the world. Exciting place for old and new gadgets.
Have fun checking them out and do let us know what you got finally.

I shall take your advice and keep looking online.

Oct 15, 2017 at 1:22 AM Post #4,395 of 4,743
Just in!

The Walkman® NW-ZX300 will be available in Singapore from Mid-November 2017 at a recommended retail price of S$799. Pre-order the Walkman® NW-ZX300 from 14 – 31 October 2017 at Sony Stores (Wisma Atria, 313@Somerset, Bugis Junction, IMM and nex Shopping Mall), Sony Centres (Woodlands Domestic Electrical Pte Ltd and V3 Audio Video Pte Ltd), Connect IT and Stereo Electronics to receive a free screen protector for the Walkman® NW-ZX300.

The price is better than I expected, thought it would be around S$1000 mark. May even get a further between 5-10% off as member of some stores.

I'm considering the Mojo + Shanling M2S as well. Compromise a bit on LDAC for when on the go, but I do have the added ability to drive full size cans at home, perhaps something like the new open-back Aeon or the LCD2C in the future. The Mojo would be a bit boring too, since I've owned one in the past and always felt there was a bit of treble roll off.

That said I fully expect the Sony to have a bit of artificial bass boost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back