Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 18, 2015 at 1:57 AM Post #2,357 of 4,743
Hey Guys..
Thank you to everyone who replied back to us expressing interest in perhaps attending a meetup in India. There are clearly a lot of people out here and they are spread across all over the country.
So we've decided to put together a regular Community Meet-Up called Headphone Connect for India's community of Audiophiles, Head-Fiers and Headphone Enthusiasts. Its an attempt to bring together the community under one roof for an evening to experience, share, connect and discover all things headphones .

The first Headphone Connect will be held in Mumbai. In the following months, we aim to take Headphone Connect to major cities such as Bangalore, New Delhi and Chennai.  

Headphone Connect is all about interaction and discovery. A BYOG - Bring Your Own Gear Event; novices and seasoned audiophiles are welcome to share how they listen. It'll allow for everyone there to really try out and compare al the best headphones, players and amplifiers used by Head-Fiers in India,. 

Our location partner in Mumbai - The Barking Deer Brewpub, is the city's first and best microbrewery serving handcrafted beer and delectable food in a cosy environment in the heart of South Mumbai.

Please do join us at 4:00pm, 24th May 2015 at The Barking Deer, Lower Parel. Theres a little bit more detail out here : http://www.headphonezone.in/pages/headphone-connect 

Do RSVP by just dropping us a line on direct@headphonezone.in...and please join on the facebook event page: : https://www.facebook.com/events/608778642555786/

Thank you!

Raghav Somani

Hi Guys..
Big shout out to all the Head-Fiers from India.
We at Headphone Zone are planning a meet up later this month, and just wanted to get a gauge of the interest on which city / cities would be a good place to start. We're based out of Mumbai, Bangalore and Chennai and would love to organize a meet up for the community to get together. We're gonna be carrying with us some new products from Audeze, FiiO, V-MODA, ComplyFoam, RHA, Klipsch and others,....It would be great if you guys could maybe let us know if you would be like to join us at the meet up so we can get an aproximate head count, and maybe which city you are from? 
Thank you.

May 18, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #2,358 of 4,743
Wow. I'm excited to see that you're considering a new Headphone Stand from us...:-D.. Do let me know what you think about the stands... I'd love to hear your feedback. We're still working on the stand designs trying to improve them a little bit.
Thanks..
Raghav Somani

Quote:
  Pals, 

I'm selling my Signature Acoustics wooden headphone stand (Getting a new one from Headphone Zone). Do let me know if you're interested. 
Asking price - 1000 INR. 

May 18, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #2,359 of 4,743

Great. I'll be there for sure. 

Pardon my ignorance but are there any charges for joining? Asking this especially after knowing the venue location.

May 18, 2015 at 2:44 AM Post #2,360 of 4,743
Hey...No there are no charges for the event itself, entry free or anything of the sort. Its going to be very informal so think of it as  just a bunch of us getting together at a bar...BYOG... so just bring your gear with you :)

Raghav 

Quote:

Great. I'll be there for sure. 

Pardon my ignorance but are there any charges for joining? Asking this especially after knowing the venue location.

May 18, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #2,361 of 4,743
May 18, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #2,362 of 4,743

Great to see you guys being proactive and initiating the first headphone enthusiast meet in India. Unfortunately I wont be able to make the trip to Mumbai this time around, but will definitely be part of any meet in Delhi/NCR in the next year, till I change places that is.

Wish you all a good time, and looking forward to pics and impressions, happy listening & cheers!

May 18, 2015 at 5:10 AM Post #2,363 of 4,743

I've bought the Acero stainless steel stand. In terms of design I have to say its perfect in my opinion, in terms of the fit of the headphone on the stand, with the head band nicely contoured on the top.

In terms of finishing, I would have liked maybe a gripped soft finish at the bottom, to prevent scratches on the resting surface, and the finish itself could be more smooth and refined, as I've noticed a few rough spots, nothing major though.

Overall I like the omega stand design (wooden and steel versions), just perfect for full size headphones.

May 18, 2015 at 5:41 AM Post #2,364 of 4,743

It's happening!

Please make it big guys. Drag you friends along(kicking and screaming if you have to). A successful first meet will kindle more events like this across India.
We're counting on you, Mumbai guys!

-fingers_crossed_for_a_bangalore_meet

May 18, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #2,365 of 4,743
  It's happening!

Please make it big guys. Drag you friends along(kicking and screaming if you have to). A successful first meet will kindle more events like this across India.

Yep, I'll be dragging at least some of my friends along. None of them are audiophile but lets see if this event makes any change!

May 18, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #2,366 of 4,743
Ofcourse.. thats the idea of having this event. We have so many people who love to listen to music, but so few who have actually experienced good Headphones, Amps and even High-Res FLAC. So please bring your friends along. They will get a chance to interact with some of India's most experienced and brilliant audio experts, and try out all of their favourite headphones before actually picking what they really like for themselves. 
Quote:
  Yep, I'll be dragging at least some of my friends along. None of them are audiophile but lets see if this event makes any change!

May 18, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #2,367 of 4,743
  It's happening!

Bangalore is the next city where we're gonna make Headphone Connect happen. Hopefully as soon as next month.  I just hope the one in Mumbai this week goes well so that we're a little more confident of doing this regularly in other cities as well. 

May 18, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #2,368 of 4,743
  Bangalore is the next city where we're gonna make Headphone Connect happen. Hopefully as soon as next month.  I just hope the one in Mumbai this week goes well so that we're a little more confident of doing this regularly in other cities as well. 

I'll be there for the Delhi leg of the event.

May 19, 2015 at 2:03 AM Post #2,370 of 4,743
I'll be carrying all of my gear (Though my collection is very humble, nothing fancy there). Let me know through this thread or via PM if you want to check out what I have (mentioned in my Signature area).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back