Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 21, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #1,816 of 4,743
  Hello Friends, I am willing to sell out Fiio E11 Headphone Amplifier. Condition is excellent, Battery backup still more than 8 hours with High power and High Gain Settings.
My cousin is upgrading to God knows what amplifier hence would like to sell out.

It was bought from Pristine Note on November 2013. Not much used as I know my cousin is more of Desktop Amp Fan.

Asking 2500/- Shipped ...

Have given Ad on OLX also ..

p.s. - I don't want to keep it as I have Electric Avenues PA2V2. courtesy Shreyasmax

Hi Abhinav, 
Glad to see you're liking the PA2V2. Great value product!

Feb 21, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #1,818 of 4,743
  If the hardware is same on Android device, Does only software improves the sound quality ?? 

Yes, apparently, upto a certain limit it seems the player application utilises every last bit of hardware resource available on the phone which improves the SQ (at the expense of battery); this is in case of mid to high tier devices only as far as I've read, and does not noticeably improve the sound of low end devices.

Feb 21, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #1,819 of 4,743

I remember trying out the Neutron player on my old Xperia arc phone more than 2 years ago, and noticing the same instant increase in SQ over Poweramp. Its very surprising to note that the UI still hasn't improved, as per your observation that is. I currently do not own an Android phone and hence can't verify if the SQ differences are still the same. But I can confirm that provided your phone is of a mid to high tier device, Neutron player should be able to squeeze out every bit of available power to produce a very good sound indeed, maybe at the cost of some battery life. 

Maybe some current android users can help you out here.

Cheers

Sadly yes, the UI is not user friendly at all. But I still use it because of the real improvement it made in SQ. Yeah like you said it has option to improve SQ by dithering as well as 64bit processing, all at the expanse of processing (and battery) power. Thankfully my Snapdragon 800 is more than enough to handle the processing with ease so no issues.

I hope for some android user's opinion then.... 

Ayaflow... you own E7 right? Can you attest this?

If the hardware is same on Android device, Does only software improves the sound quality ?? 

In this case I've found this to be true.

For audiophiles, actually 'software enhancement' are a no no. We don't need any additional processing between the pure sound data and our ears. That's why we see people here investing in DACs to avoid any additional processing and sticking to the pure audio experience. 

Maybe this can be a factor..

Feb 22, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #1,820 of 4,743
Picked up the Emotiva mini-X a-100 that @kothganesh suggested. Very well built device, small footprint but has a nice solid and heavy feel to it. Got a used one for about 160 USD with a banana plug to 6.3mm adapter included. Local deal so saved on shipping. The HE4 should arrive when China reopens after CNY. 

On a sad note, the people at China customs stole my RE600 IEMs and returned the empty box to me. I'll admit to being a bit cheap and using registered mail instead of say DHL or Fedex. I haven't had issues in the past with the service though, I've shipped much larger and more expensive equipment to Europe, Asia and the US before. 

Feb 22, 2015 at 3:32 AM Post #1,821 of 4,743
  Picked up the Emotiva mini-X a-100 that @kothganesh suggested. Very well built device, small footprint but has a nice solid and heavy feel to it. Got a used one for about 160 USD with a banana plug to 6.3mm adapter included. Local deal so saved on shipping. The HE4 should arrive when China reopens after CNY. 

On a sad note, the people at China customs stole my RE600 IEMs and returned the empty box to me. I'll admit to being a bit cheap and using registered mail instead of say DHL or Fedex. I haven't had issues in the past with the service though, I've shipped much larger and more expensive equipment to Europe, Asia and the US before. 

What man that is scary if these people are stealing such expensive stuff. See if seller could help... 

I always unbox the parcels containing expensive stuff with video capture on. 

One of my friend had bought iPhone once and he received a dummy piece. Seller said he sent the correct thing and blamed my friend .

Feb 22, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #1,822 of 4,743
Hi Red,

I understand your frustration because I went through the same thing with my customs.

I received my impressions back in a case but the earphone were missing. But Rob @ in ear central was kind enough to get me a new R-50 and even reshell them for free.

Feb 23, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #1,823 of 4,743

I and Shreyas had a meet at my room yesterday. got a chance to audition fiio x3, sennheiser hd558 etc.

enlightening experience.

couldnt click any pics as time was short and most time was spent listening.

Quote:

software can improve transmission of more data, just like kernal streaming on foobar, so that can be case

scary. is importing anything risky as well?

Feb 23, 2015 at 12:51 AM Post #1,824 of 4,743
  What man that is scary if these people are stealing such expensive stuff. See if seller could help... 

I always unbox the parcels containing expensive stuff with video capture on. 

One of my friend had bought iPhone once and he received a dummy piece. Seller said he sent the correct thing and blamed my friend .

I was actually shipping them back to Hifiman's factory since they were faulty. They offered to review the case, but there's very little they can do. 

Hi Red,

I understand your frustration because I went through the same thing with my customs.

I received my impressions back in a case but the earphone were missing. But Rob @ in ear central was kind enough to get me a new R-50 and even reshell them for free.

That's great service! Is this the site?? - http://www.inearcentral.com/product/any-ciem/

Never heard of them before. Their pricing looks good.

@vaibhavp - Never had an issues with import/export at Madras or Singapore in the past. One of case I guess. 

Feb 23, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #1,825 of 4,743

I was actually shipping them back to Hifiman's factory since they were faulty. They offered to review the case, but there's very little they can do. 

That's great service! Is this the site?? - http://www.inearcentral.com/product/any-ciem/

Never heard of them before. Their pricing looks good.

Yes. That's the site. The best thing about them is they have increased their Build quality commendably from the time I got mine. The fit on mine is good but I remember the audiologist I got the impressions from, rushed thru my right ear sample and this directly shows with my right ear monitor. Although not uncomfortable I cant get the most snug fit.

Here's their FB site where he uploads photos of most builds.
https://www.facebook.com/InEarCentral

This is top class. I might ask him later for a better reshell with 2 more BA's for sub-bass but just dreams at the moment. ( Eagerly waiting for my Titan 1)

Ciao,

Feb 23, 2015 at 7:36 AM Post #1,826 of 4,743
I have a Denon D5000 Balanced edition is looking for a new owner. If we can make it a local deal or local shipping saving my hassle of international shipping, we can further discuss on the pricing! Do drop me a PM if you are interested.

Feb 23, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #1,827 of 4,743
@vaibhavp ; 
Had a good time listening to the AKG K550 and the Audinst mini DAC as well. 

And this is the Onkyo headphone I was talking about (albeit overpriced here);
http://www.amazon.in/Onkyo-ES-HF300-On-Ear-Headphones-Silver/dp/B0081R7XR2

And this is in most probability my next target:
http://www.flipkart.com/rha-ma750i-wired-headset/p/itmdzh24nx5yewp8?pid=ACCDZH24GW6TXNGF&otracker=from-search&srno=t_1&query=rha+ma+750&ref=88c80565-1878-49b6-b83e-31ea1140ce56

For now though I'll be patient and explore the X3 to its fullest.
We'll definitely plan more meet-ups, and with more folks, and more gear.

Cheers

Feb 23, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #1,828 of 4,743
I have a Denon D5000 Balanced edition is looking for a new owner. If we can make it a local deal or local shipping saving my hassle of international shipping, we can further discuss on the pricing! Do drop me a PM if you are interested.

Try posting them on sites like techenclave/ hifivision. They have a lot of Indian head fiers in these forums.

Also try hifiads.com

Feb 23, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #1,829 of 4,743
Thanks so much for the recommendations! Will definitely do that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back