Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2014 at 5:43 AM Post #346 of 4,743
  If you had already realized that it was in jest and someone had already commented regarding "strong emotions", then perhaps re-iterating the same thing won't do anyone good. Or maybe you don't believe that it was in jest. And if there's one thing that I've learnt in life, it is that explanations are largely useless. But I guess we all are different.

I know I won't upgrade my source chain at the moment, so perhaps when I get the HD800 I'll get a motivation to upgrade my source chain one by one. I'm not aware of any Sennheiser showrooms that have an HD800 for auditions, guess I need to look closely. /puts on sherlock glasses

I assume you already have an HD800, any recommendations for a VFM gearing for it?

To be honest: No, I did not like the comment when I first read it...with the bold letters and no emoticons, it seemed like an outpour of strong emotions. But, I took it in stride.
And I had to write about it once, to establish that it was unwelcome.
Anyway, let's leave it here and not talk about it anymore>> agreed?

About the HD800: No, I do not own one, because when I auditioned it about 7~8 months ago, I did not like it much then; and instead went for the HD650. Kindly note that the HD800 was being driven by the Lehmann BCL amp, so it was definitely being driven efficiently.

If you are asking for suggestions for dac/amp for the HD800, you should start by telling us your requirement for portable or desktop gear.

I would like to add something:
Please do not purchase the HD800, simply because it is the flagship headphone from Sennheiser, and you are getting it for a killer price.
I know a few people, who did the same and weren't happy; and had to go about selling them and going another route >> A friend of my brother, got a pair of HD800 for 48k, which was a demo pair from a Sennheiser showroom; and sold it back to the showroom for a loss, within a week. He then got himself a pair of HE-500, and the rest is history...
There are so many headphones out there, that will provide you the same amount of satisfaction and enjoyment, maybe even more! at less than half of its price.
But, if you are convinced from reading reviews, that you would like its sound signature, please go ahead and purchase one. 
Just my 2 cents...

Apr 2, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #348 of 4,743
  To be honest: No, I did not like the comment when I first read it...with the bold letters and no emoticons, it seemed like an outpour of strong emotions. But, I took it in stride.
And I had to write about it once, to establish that it was unwelcome.
Anyway, let's leave it here and not talk about it anymore>> agreed?

About the HD800: No, I do not own one, because when I auditioned it about 7~8 months ago, I did not like it much then; and instead went for the HD650. Kindly note that the HD800 was being driven by the Lehmann BCL amp, so it was definitely being driven efficiently.

If you are asking for suggestions for dac/amp for the HD800, you should start by telling us your requirement for portable or desktop gear.

I would like to add something:
Please do not purchase the HD800, simply because it is the flagship headphone from Sennheiser, and you are getting it for a killer price.
I know a few people, who did the same and weren't happy; and had to go about selling them and going another route >> A friend of my brother, got a pair of HD800 for 48k, which was a demo pair from a Sennheiser showroom; and sold it back to the showroom for a loss, within a week. He then got himself a pair of HE-500, and the rest is history...
There are so many headphones out there, that will provide you the same amount of satisfaction and enjoyment, maybe even more! at less than half of its price.
But, if you are convinced from reading reviews, that you would like its sound signature, please go ahead and purchase one. 
Just my 2 cents...

Regarding the bold and lack of emoticons in my post: Agreed, no use in 
deadhorse.gif

I guess I'll ask about recommendations after I get an HD800, IF I get one. Not so sure right now, plus without the deal there's no incentive, rather get the HE-6 or maybe the Enigma or maybe even a TH900. Or maybe just stay content with my setup.

The headphone that I currently have is also neutral, so I assume the HD800 would be like the same HP, just better in every way. I guess it'll be better to audition them, will search for showrooms then.

Apr 2, 2014 at 7:05 AM Post #349 of 4,743
I think he forgot to add a smiley after the comment guys. 
smile.gif

Apr 2, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #353 of 4,743
tempting offer. though I am afraid flying to Chennai is a bit difficult.

not to mention it can potentially spoil my current equipment and future plans.:k701smile:

I think you're more concerned about the second reason than actually travelling all the way to Chennai. Correct me if I'm wrong :)

Apr 2, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #356 of 4,743
So ...contacted Senn Mumbai , I wanted to add the 600 to accompany my 650s , the guy said he might have a NOS 580 too , will update once I get some [COLOR=222222]definitive answers ! [/COLOR]

Are they still selling the 600? Can't see them anywhere recently. Some stores list them as discontinued.

Apr 2, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #359 of 4,743
Are they still selling the 600? Can't see them anywhere recently. Some stores list them as discontinued.

They don't sell them but they have some units
He said one of his distributors has the 600 in stock so he can order it easily , as far as the 580 goes he said there might be few stocks scattered across India .....he will get back 
You'll find this interesting , according to him the 600s were the least sold Senn in India that is why they discontinued it , according to the stats , sales had gone up significantly last year ...so they ordered more 600s from Ireland with the 650s but since they discontinued it , they ended up in a handful of places around India , good story hah ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back