Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Sennheiser HD 598

Sennheiser HD 598

Rated #5 in Over-Ear

Pros: Amazing soundstage, extremely comfortable, Outstanding sound quality

Cons: Come with 6.3mm jack plug but you end up using them with 3.5mm adapter most of the time

Note: This is my first audiophile headphones so i can't compare them to any other headphones out there for the same price.

These headphones are well designed, fit your head perfectly and are extremely lightweight. They are made out of plastic but they don't look cheap. They are very solid in my opinion.

You can wear these for a long session and never worry about them.

This is the first reason i decided to buy these.

About the color. You may or may not like it. I love the color combination, they look classy but it's all about personal taste. Since they sound so great you'll forgot about the color soon enough after wearing them.

Second reason, probably the most important, is the sound quality.

I was looking for open headphones. The soundstage you get from that kind of headphones can't be replicated by another. The HD 598 soundstage is amazing. Period.

They sound leak a lot but this is intended and make them sound phenomenal in terms of soundtage. If you plan to use use them for personal listening at home or in a quiet place you shouldn't worry about that. (By the way these are sold for home listening so if you buy them and complain about the sound leak, that's just stupid).

Out of the box they sound good but i noticed an improvement with each hour of listening.

The sound quality in general is amazing and changed the way i enjoy music. These headphones work well with different musical genres. I listen a lot of folk, jazz, blues, funk, rock but i tried almost everything with them (even electronic which is my least favourite genre) and they never failed me.

If i had to describe how they sound i would say "smooth and extremely clear". You can ear every single instruments even when there are tons of instruments.

I love vocals and these headphones make them shine. I almost cried listening to some songs posted in the "best female vocals" in forum music section.

In a word, they are accurate.

Being so precise i noticed the sound source has to be right to enjoy these headphones to their full potential. You can easily spot the difference if a song is not well mastered or comes in poor quality (song's format matters).

An amp is not needed in my opinion but could be useful.

I tried them with my pc and an ipod. They sound different on my ipod and not so great. I wouldn't recommend them if you plan to use them only with an ipod or a dap in general. And you shouldn't as i mentioned early these work wonder if you use them for house listening.

About the lack of bass response someone point out in some reviews. That's not true. The bass is there how he should be. It's not emphatized compared to some headphones out there.

I found almost no cons. My only complain is about the cord: it ends with the larger 6.3mm plug but i use the 3.5mm plug most of the time. However the cord is detachable so you can replace it easily so it's a minor con.

In conclusion, these are quality headphones. Sennheiser quality. You won't regret your purchase and you'll start to enjoy music even more.

I give them 4.5/5 stars even if they are perfect for my needs and they are one of my best purchase ever.

I would strongly recommend them to anyone who want a great pair of headphones without paying much. I look forward to use them everyday.

Note: this is my first review and my english is not so good. Sorry about that. I hope this could be useful to someone. I'll add some pics as soon as possible

Pros: Amazing sparkly high's, Very balanced, extremely comfortable

Cons: lacking bass

(This is my First Official Review in the Head-Fi Community)

HD 598 Review

The HD 598's are a worthy headphone of the Sennheiser Brand. As this headphone is rated for audiophiles, I will be reviewing it at that level of sound. This particular headphone's strength consts of amazing highs, and I recommend it for its soundstage, clarity and comfort. However, this headphone is best suited only for classical music, jazz, audio recordings, and genre of that type. More modern music genres, such as hip-hop, rock and pop are not as well suited to this headphone. As I often work at home, often isolated from the other members of my family at my desk, this open ended headphone provides the comfort that is desirable. This headphone is perfect for home use, as for me, these headphones practically live on my desk. I can wear these for at least 5 hours straight, without gaining ear moisture, or headaches.The overall sound of this headphones was very bright and clear, contrasting with my darker sounding  Superlux HD 681 Evo's and TDK ST Hi-Fi 700s. The clarity and presentation of the Highs was the strongest point of the 598's, while I personally found the bass lacking and almost harsh. However the bass is very detailed, and the tight bass contributes the flat sound signature of the headphones.

A description of the Specs, Highs, Mids, Lows, Soundstage, Comfort and Design will be included below.

Weight                          9.52 oz

Type                             Over Ear

Frequency Response     12 - 38500 Hz

Magnet                          neodymium

Sensitivity                     112 dB

Impedance                     50 Ohm

Connectivity type            wired

Harmonic Distort (THD)   0.1%

Special Features            Ergonomic Acoustic Refinement technology (E.A.R.)

No doubt, the highs are a influential reason as to why this headphone is rated #6 on the Head-Fi list. The highs in this headphones are just mind blowing, and very pleasant to listen to. They are extremely clear and crisp while amazingly do not cause any ear fatigue. Listening to I See You by Leona Lewis and songs by Adele was a phenomenal experience. Female vocals, and high pitched instruments such as the violin, piccolo, flute, piano, and even sounds from electro-mixes sound absolutely stunning on these headphones. No doubt the highs are helped by its open ended design, and the EAR technology. I would highly recommend these headphones for the highs, which I cannot emphasize enough. Compared to the flat tone of my Superlux HD 681 Evo, my muffled Bose Soundtrue OE,  and the artificial metallic tone of the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, these are clearly superior. haha "clearly superior". Get it? Sorry, bad pun lol. O.o

The Mids on these headphones are pronounced. As expected with audiophile level headphones, the Sennheiser has a flat sound signature, which is present with its detailed Mids ranged sounds. The mid range on these headphones are very enjoyable, extremely clear and sharp, while not recessed like many V-shaped sound signatures.

The lows of these headphones are very controlled and tight. This will be a positive for most audiophile listeners, but for the average consumer, who listens to modern genres, this is one of the biggest weakness of the headphones. The base is very controlled, and while it is present, it has a very neutral tone. The base is recessed and will leaving you wanting more of it. It feel very light, and has no impact. The base is there, but unlike the Sennheiser Momentum, it has no power, it is basically the opposite of what the  Audio-Technica ATH-M50x's provides. I personally find the base very lacking and almost tinny and harsh after listening to a pair of ATH-M50's or my Bose Soundtrue's. However, despite its lack of power, it makes up for its impotence by being very detailed. The bass is not sloppy or muddy, but clear and detailed, while providing no impact in the bass.

Overall Sound

This is another killer feature of the HD 598's that make them so amazing. The soundstage on these is the equivalent of Dolby 5.1 Speakers. Listening to any song that recorded with emphasized soundstage will really make these headphones kill. Listening to audio recordings of bands and orchestras will sound pronominal, and while there are headphones with better soundstage, for its price the Sennheiser triumphs. These headphones will give you a slight edge in gaming, as you will be able to detect the location of sounds, such footsteps, shots and general background noise. Movies are also very enjoyable with these headphones, as you will experience the soundstage that theaters provide. The soundstage is no doubt boosted by the open ended design.

This headphone is the most comfortable I have ever worn. I have large ears, and the headphones still fit amazingly with its deep ear cups and enormous earpads. While the HD 598's are made out of plastic, this is only a benefit in comfort, as it makes them extremely light to wear on your head. While the all plastic design of its body does not look good on paper, in actuality, the plastic is of high grade, and as mentioned above, make the headphone light and comfortable. The design of these are not made to be portable, as they are not in any way compact, and are open ended. Sennheiser even neglected to pack a carrying case with these headphones, clarifying the intentions that these headphones were made for. As many of us do, I personally find the color of the headphones attractive, however many others will find this color repulsive. It is kind of a love it or hate it issue that has sprung up (see sexy or fugly poll). Sennheiser claims that the color and design were modeled after European Sports Cars, and while I find that statement awfully convenient, I still find the new color refreshing compared to the standard colors of grey and black that are the Sennheiser standard. The included 9 foot cable with an 4 inch bulky 3.5 mm adapter to the 1/4 plug was included in the packaging, and should be considered a major inconvenience for those that listen to their mobile devices and mp3 players. While I find the long reach and flexibility of the 9 foot cable welcome,  I consider it a hassle when i occasionally take the headphones for outside use and had to use the 4 inch 3.5 mm conversion plug. For that use, I simply detached the cable from the headphones, and plug in a separately ordered 1.2m replacement cable with a 3.5mm jack. (see link below)

replacement cable

I consider these headphones of a great value for their current online price, and would recommend these to a friend. The sparkly highs are extremely welcoming while I do with it had more power in the bass department.  These Headphones are great home use with their comfort and open ended design.

overall rating: 4.4 Stars.

Thanks for Reading! Please rate Review?

Pros: Natty, Removable 4 Conductor Cable.

Cons: Hits Excursion very early, Poor Headband Ergonomics, High Level of Distortion, Overrated and Overpriced.

Want to preface this by presenting this picture, I'm not a TROLL or a A-Hole, I just like to mock the fu** out of headphones I dislike.
This time its time for the "Fehlerhaft HD598".

I'm a fan of the 580-600-650, I own all of them.
The 598 is interesting because it sounds crude. Coming from Senn I was surprised by how bad it sounded..the first day I got them I was certain I had a defective unit, so I went to Senn and was able to convince them I had a faulty pair.
They gave me a new one after a week, I was sure my first 598 was broken and I was expecting the new one to be just fine but...nope, the new one sounded exactly the same.
So then I was sure, these use cheap "Made In China" low fidelity drivers.

Anyway, I'll come to what's completely wrong with the sound soon, let's go over some other things.

Build -

They slightly worry me, they feel solid, nothing rattles but the headband is one of those bendy weird-like its going to break types. The side articulation spot seems to be the most scary one.
I don't think they'll break but they just feel too bendy rather than feeling solid, there is no metal in the construction..from the fake wood to maybe even the headband, its all ABS, the headband maybe some kind of a composite though.
I have to admit, although the wood is plastic, it looks pretty sharp. The grain detail is obviously not like real wood but looks pretty convincing for the most part.

Comfort -

I never have any issues with Senns, due to the oval pads mostly. The Headband never bothers me but with the 598, the Headband is pretty annoying..it sticks out..the headphones fall from my head when I look up or look down.
If you listen on your Sofa while resting your head, the 598 will be quite annoying.
Ther padding itself is pretty good, the Earpads are great..can't go wrong with Senn Oval Velour.

Cable -

The cable is removable, its proprietary of course..like we don't have loads of proprietary connectors to begin with.
I found out the cable has 4-Conductors inside, that means you can cut the cable and install a 4-Pin XLR and run it balanced on the HDVA-600 and the HDVD-900, which honestly is quite fantastic.
The stock cable is pretty soft bendy, not one of those sh**** silver conductors which kink and piss you off.
Another advantage is that since it is 4-C, you can make a DIY Microphone contraption, biggest problem the recessed jack on the headphone..the only way I can think of is a CNCd 2.5mm connector or maybe cut the stock cable and solder the wires which is the less elegant way.

Efficeny and Scale-Up -

I have no respect for IEMs and Low Impedance dynamic headphones, I really hate that Senn is going away from their High Impedance system for the newer models.
They are 63 Ohms or something..correct me if I'm wrong. They aren't that sensitive to be great out of a iPad or a iPhone, with my Nano 7G I barely get any dynamics due to the lack of efficiency, if you make a efficient headphone..fuc**** make sure its efficient..
If you can't do that, then just make a Non-Efficient one, don't fuc***** make one in the middle.

They have some issues with excursion, that can be cured with Amplifers with Low Output Impedances..I have seen some audible improvements in excursion limits, which is good to know.
I'll come to the excursion soon.

So, time for the Sound now..

Bass -

Impact-less, weak, slow, low excursion and all that crap.
The bass is abysmal, the bass is worse than the cheap Nexus 5 IEMs, they have zero impact, no extension to be found here.
Only some Mid-Bass, which happens to be pretty ****ty, the bass quality is so Low-Fi that its funny, they make me laugh...in my existence this is the first time a headphone made me laugh, except Japanese headphones -That's a different story, I should dedicate a segment to explain how shi*** those fuc**** Japanese headphones are.
Anyway, the 598s do Stand-Up, the bits are in the form of the bass they reproduce.
I hate the bass, if people can complain about accentuated bass, I sure can mock these 598s for having poor bass.

I haven't looked at the graph yet but audibly I think they roll-off severly at 120Hz, there is no sub-bass.
They hit excursion quick too, 60Hz at XX SPL, I am not stating an exact number because I haven't measured them, believe me its at medium volume which is pretty bad.
The driver seem to be cohesive in terms of hitting it, 1db tolerance maximum.
Overall, these headphones can't do bass.

Mid-Range -

Mid-Range works, its fine..nothing too striking from lower-mids, going to the presence region is clean..mostly, presence region and you have a peak at the lower octaves, adding thinn-ness to the overall sound, the upper-half is slightly uneven too, not the cleanest I've heard.
There is audible Break-Up (Distortion) which takes away from the transparency, overall the Mid-Range is NOT High Fidelity, lacks weight and body, slightly honky and grainy as well.
No Musicality here, very thin and Low Fidelity.

Treble -

I find the treble presentation to be rather respectable, they extend quite well..detailed high frequency response.
I wouldn't say its having the crazy upper treble resolution because it doesn't but..for the price, its above average in terms of treble presentation.
Like all BoPET membranes, there is break-up and its not free of grain but its not too grainy either.

Separation and Imaging -

Ooo they are angled, I've seen some idiots go crazy and start to believe a headphone sounds 3D if its angled, that's just stupid.
I mean really?
The 598s are just fine, they aren't congested sounding, they image decently. Nothing noteworthy in the imaging department.
Separation is useless to talk about because it depends on the recording, anyway if you are interested, there is speration, Ooooo.

Distortion -

Now I'm not an Engineer, I don't have much knowledge in terms of types of distortion. I don't know if its THD or IMD or whatever, there is audible distortion..thanks to the awesome drivers, thank you Senn!

Overall, I don't like them, its better than the hideously offensive and grainy ma900 but the 598 isn't that far from the ma900 in terms of how fu***** bad they sound.
I think the ma900 wins in terms of ****tyness..followed closely by the 598, wooohooo, congratulations ma900!

Get these headphones if you are a crazy headphone collector like me, for listening to music, I would rather just sleep than listen to these.
Also, owners, don't be offended..I'm just being honest..if you can leave some valuable and relevant comments, go ahead, don't comment and try to educate me.

Thanks for reading, here's my YouTube review -

Pros: Soundstage, detailed sound

Cons: Few accessories

The Sennheiser HD-598 Open-Backed Headphone is a great value for how it's priced. Found mine used with only two hours use, and I must say that these babies are a joy to listed to for any most any genre of music.

The sound of the 598 is warm and detailed, with light emphasis on the low mids and upper bass. I find it quite refreshing, especially after my last phones, the ATH-M50s which give preference to the deep bass. The 598, though not being a rattling bassphone reproduces complex bass lines with ease and control. I've quite enjoyed TripHop on these, especially Heligoland by Massive Attack, but also acoustic singer-songwriters (like Laura Veirs and Sara Jarosz) play very well with the detailed mids. The tone and articulation of Guitar, Banjo, Fiddle, Mandolin and Double Bass as well as the vocals are clear and sexual, and drums are punchy without being obtrusive.  Especially with acoustic, the 598 is quite immersive. I've noticed many details with these phones that before escaped my ears. I don't have any major complaints about the sound of these cans.

Not much to say here, I've never gotten listening fatigue from these puppies, as they're light-weight and not too tight. My only quibbles are that they're kind of hard to keep positioned when lying down, but that is because there is not a lot of pressure exerted on the head, which serves as an advantage most of the time, and they get a bit warm if you're in a warm setting, but that's pretty unavoidable.

Now usually I don't give a rip about looks, but the HD598 simply looks nice to my eyes, with the tan frame and accents, and I understand it does have the potential to make you look like they're over 30 years old, but personally I like it.

I've had no problems with these babies yet, but seeing as I've only had them a couple months, I should wait to give an opinion on the durability.

The 598 ships with only the phone itself, the three meter chord and 3.5mm adapter, which is quite inconvenient should you want to use it with a mobile setup. Now I understand that that's not the intended purpose of these, seeing as they're open-backed, but I find myself going on many walks in semi-secluded spaces and I like to take these with me. I had to get the three-foot chord which terminates in a 3.5mm plug by default, with a 6.3mm adapter, because of problems with the stock adapter, but it's no big deal.

That's pretty much it. Love these phones and don't regret the purchase in the slightest.

Pros: Airy soundstage, sparkly yet smooth treble, slightly lush mids, mid bass, comfort, great looking, serious bang for the buck.

Cons: Mild upper mids coloration preventing them from sounding totally natural.

Pros: So well balanced. No overpowering bass. So real and so natural is the sound. Pads are so comfortable. Stylish look

Cons: None I can think of.

I am a headphones aficionado and I enjoy collecting good headphones Just got this pair of incredible headphones today after biking for more than 10 km. Was going to buy another make but when I set my eyes on this one and it's the only one in the store, I seized it because I read such good reviews it has. I put them on immediately and rode home on my bike. It was probably the most enjoyable 10km bike ride I ever had with John Mayer crooning away while I push those pedals.

I am enjoying Beethoven sonatas just as I am writing this now. Music is so rich and exuberant that it is giving me immense enjoyment and happiness.

Pros: Soundstage, forward and addicting mids, very comfortable

Cons: Bass lacks physical impact

If we were able to sit in the center of music, it might sound something like Sennheiser’s HD-598. For most people, $250 is a lot of money to spend on headphones because their MP3 players come bundled with earphones that, “sound fine,” to the typical user. We walk through stores past the headphone aisle and never think twice if we even happen to notice in the first place. When I look around a store the only headphones I see are Dr. Dre Beats, but only because of the mass marketing…so why would a pair of Sennheiser 598s be worth the cash? Comfort and sound quality have been beautifully combined in such a way that exposes those $15 iBuds, $50 headsets, and especially those $400 Beats so that you will never think they “sound fine” again. Buyer, beware! Your transformation into an audiophile starts here.

For hours on end, the comfort level remains high. Compared to the six or so other headphones I’ve owned, the 598s outclass them through their lightweight design and clamp-free force. A type of leather lines the top band in a comfy and cushy nature to complement the fuzzy material lining each ear cup to prevent sweat and fatigue. The Sennheiser 598s were, no doubt, made for the long-time listener.

Since the comfort level allows us to listen for as long as we want, it would be unfortunate if the sound quality didn’t deliver, yet the 598s fulfill such a high demand. Sennheiser offers a “mid-centric” or vocal-forward presentation coupled with a wide soundstage to put listeners in the middle of the music, starting from the center out. Treble is present, but in line with the bass. Combined with the strong mids, the overall signature is warm and laid back, especially in comparison to Grado models. The 598s are both engaging and relaxing, depending on what the recording calls for. This makes the 598s an excellent all-rounder at the $250 price point.

Some listeners criticize the bass as being light, but the only fault I can issue is that it lacks a physical rumble in most scenarios. The bass is clear and punchy. I’ve heard all the way down to 20hz with ease. For what it lacks in visceral bass, it makes up for in range, accuracy, instrument separation, and high resolution or detail. Visceral bass can be boosted with a tube amp and some military grade (5654, etc) tubes.

For nearly 7 months as of this review edit (July 27, 2012) I’ve been using the Sennheiser HD-598s almost daily. As an at-home listener, I have found the near ideal sound at a cost that doesn’t feel like too crazy of an investment. At a desk with an amp or around the home with an iPod, the 598s deliver everything I expect. With tube amps a handful of extra details can be heard and the bass can kick harder, but, for the economical user, after 50–70 hours of burn-in the 598s should sound sweet no matter what you drive them with.

I recommend the Sennheiser HD-598s for anybody who spends most of their time listening at home, for those looking for an upgrade over bundled earphones or sub-$150 headphones, or for those who want to give the Sennheiser brand a try without investing too significantly.

Pros: Natural, airy, unhyped and detailed

Cons: None...except they'll make you realize just how bad MP3s really suck. But is that really a con?

I've had these for about 6 months and I find them to be outstanding.  I think you'd pay double to get anything better.  Natural, unhyped response. Nice full soundstage. VERY, VERY COMFORTABLE. I use them with a Fiio E10 as well as a Focusrite TwinTrak Pro. I have quite a bit 24/96 and vinyl. For reference I also own  AKG K240M (600 OHM), Sennheiser HD439, Superlux HD681 and AKG K55.  The 598s are by far my favorite, no contest.

Pros: never harsh sounding, no sibilance, easy to listen to, wide soundstage

Cons: bass rolls off, not very detailed, a bit muddy, dark sounding, overpriced

Firstly, this headphone is the prime example of something I'd love to hate.

I did like the HD595 as a non fatiguing headphone... and yeah the HD598 is better. But that ugly design and MAP restriction left a sour taste.

I'm still saddened they didn't switch to a 1/8 inch connector as most devices use that nowadays. Another problem is the impedance varies among the frequency greatly, especially in the mid-bass. Don't plug these into some receivers, they will get really muddy.

It sounds like the HD595 with better clarity, and more treble. But again much better can be found for the money.

Supposedly Sennheiser fixed the build quality issues, but we'll see...

Pros: Comfort, design, balanced and natural sound, amazing value for the money.

Cons: Large and non-foldable, long no button cord, plastic feeling headband cushion.

COMPANY:  Sennheiser

COST:  $299 CAD - $250 USD – Note: often on sale for much less

TYPE:  Open, Dynamic, Over-Ear

DRIVER SIZE:  40mm neodynium

WEIGHT:  270 Grams

COLOURS:  Ivory with Burl Wood or Black (SE Edition)

Headphone Adapter – 6.35 mm to 3.5 mm

Headphone Cable – 3-meter OFC (Oxygen Free Copper), 6.35mm with single sided 3.5 mm bayonet type connector with twist lock to ear cup

Cardboard box with plastic window

Build Quality, Aesthetics and Comfort

Drawing on the reputation of fine German automobiles, the Sennheiser HD598 offers a distinctive design focused on luxury and refinement.  The unique colour combination of cream with polished burl wood accents is an opulent departure from a world of black and silver headphones.  Large, chocolate-coloured, velour ear pads and a thickly padded headband complete the retro design.   The shape is very reminiscent of the iconic Sennheiser HD600, while the new styling updates the classic look.

The HD598 are universally praised for being extremely comfortable and well suited for extended listening sessions.  They grip firmly without clamping, and the velour pads provide the right amount of cushion, are large enough to encircle the ear and avoid feeling too hot (too often experienced with leather type pads).  The mostly plastic construction (with metal side grills on the ear cups) makes for a very light headphone, however the fake leatherette cushion on the headband feels a bit plastic, and does not provide a convincing leather-like feel, which hurts the luxury image a bit.  In addition, while the headband cushion is made of soft comfortable foam, the height makes the whole band about an inch thick, which definitely does not make a svelte visual footprint on your head.

Size adjustment is good, with two plastic extenders hidden in the frame of the headband, and each ear cup slightly pivots for a better fit.  It is worth noting that earlier production models experienced cracking in the headband around the extenders, although Sennheiser has reportedly fixed this with a change in the plastic material for this part.

Overall these are a large, chunky headphone, and do not fold, nor collapse down.  Neither case, nor bag is included with the HD598, so clearly Sennheiser does not intend these for portable use.

Sound Signature and Quality

The HD598 features Sennheiser's E.A.R. - Eargonomic (pun very much intended I assume) Acoustic Refinement technology, which uses acoustic baffles inclined at a 60 degree angle to position the small triangular transducer to the optimal listening position and to enhance the width of the perceived soundstage. The technology appears to be derived from Sennheiser's flagship headphones.

The real star of the HD598 is the sense of spaciousness, allowing the listener to picture the depth of the room where the music was recorded, and to appreciate the separation between instruments.  Overall, the sound is very balanced and clean, without distortion and with plenty of detail.  Vocals are warm, and the whole sound signature is easy to like.  Those looking for a more hard hitting or aggressive presentation may end up feeling a bit flat, as the HD598 presents a composed, laid back, and refined sound (picture more Bruce Banner and less Hulk).

Midrange presents a warm tone, especially with vocals.  Generally the mid range comes across as natural and realistic.

Treble sounds a little brighter and more detailed than previous generation Sennheisers.  Again, there is a feeling of space and clarity.

Bass is adequately textured and individual notes are retained.  Upper bass and lower mid range frequencies are marginally emphasized, which is a good thing in my book.  There is decent impact and power when the music calls for it.

Overall, the Sennheiser HD598 remains very true to Sennheiser’s much loved house sound signature.  It provides a smooth and balanced presentation without overemphasis of bass or treble, and is housed in a very unique, stylish and retro-cool design.  There is a sense of clarity and spaciousness, with real sounding dynamics and detail.   An excellent value when purchased at regular price, when considered that it is often discounted on Amazon (and can be as low as $100), the HD598 provides almost unbeatable sound quality for the dollar.  The next step up the line (the HD600) is usually 2-3 times the price.  The HD598 is my first recommendation for those considering improving their listening experience, or those who have never heard high quality headphones before.  Although somewhat difficult to drive (and they do improve with a modest headphone amplifier) they can be enjoyed by anyone with an iPod or smartphone – keeping in mind that they aren’t very mobile friendly with a long non-button cord, non-foldable design and rather large size.  Having been around a half-decade or so, the HD598 is indeed a classic, as much as the luxury cars from which it borrows styling cues, and remains a terrific budget audiophile choice.

Sennheiser HD 598

Not only are the HD 598 aesthetically pleasing to the eyes but they also provide an impeccable sound quality and unrivalled comfort. These beige-coloured open, circumaural headphones come with high-gloss burl wood parts and matching ear pads for a sophisiticated, premium finish. With Sennheiser‘s innovative E.A.R. technology, audio signals are directly channelled into your ears. These headphones also incorporate a special diaphragm geometry that minimizes intermodulation distortion while delivering an impressive frequency response range, plus a highly constant compressed cellulose fleece to hold harmonic distortion to less than 0.1%. And to accentuate the already outstanding listening experience even further, their high-quality leatherette headband and velour ear pads provide outstanding wearing comfort, even for long listening sessions. Features * High-end open circumaural headphones with E.A.R. technology for outstanding sonic accuracy and clarity * Sennheiser's innovative “Eargonomic Acoustic Refinement” (E.A.R.) design channels audio signals directly into your ears * State-of-the-art, advanced Duofol diaphragms for transparency and minimal distortion * Highly optimised, field-strengthened neodymium ferrous magnet systems for an excellent dynamic response * Surround reflector for extended spatial sound field * Lightweight aluminium voice coils for high efficiency and excellent dynamics * Special diaphragm geometry reduces intermodulation distortion * Highly constant, compressed cellulose fleece reduces total harmonic distortion * Premium beige and high-gloss burl wood parts for a sophisticated finish * Extremely comfortable velour ear pads and headband * Excellent connectivity, also with home Hifi equipment * 2-year warranty Delivery Includes * 1 HD 598 headphones * 1 3.5 mm adapter

product -4 4 6 7