Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #917 of 4,743
Sardar, I agree with you and I will take my chances with customs. Most recently, I got the Stax 009, the Audez'e LCD X ant the Paradox Slant with no duty. So go figure.

009! 
popcorn.gif
 So...how is it on cloud  11?

Oct 31, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #918 of 4,743
very well,just stay away from dhl etc.
india post is best if custom money has to be saved.

I have ordered 3-4 times with 0 customs,dhl on the other hand screwed me last time.

Oct 31, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #919 of 4,743
Sardar, I agree with you and I will take my chances with customs. Most recently, I got the Stax 009, the Audez'e LCD X ant the Paradox Slant with no duty. So go figure.

Sorry to be pedantic Ganesh Sir but...that must have taken some skilled paperwork.
No Duty on items costing "five-six figures - INR" is lawfully infeasible, unless of course we resort to the original point - Skilled Paperwork.

In Mumbai where I live, I have cleared many items directly from the airport..My Driver knows the main Cargo Officer who hops from FedEx to UPS to India Post and even then I had to pay quite a bit, of course with accelerated service and discounts.
Fencing with Duty isn't that easy, we would love to know how you do it ?

Oct 31, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #920 of 4,743
downgrading the original receit.

I ordered gr07 costing 140 last year but vendor declared it as 30$.

But this will work for small parcels only,doubtful for anything big.

Oct 31, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #921 of 4,743
I have had 8-10 parcels valued under $100 and it all worked. Even a huge box with air-cushioning for a pair of cans.

IEM fans - sonic mh412 with V4A thread looks tempting.

Regards,
~A

Oct 31, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #923 of 4,743
  All the above comments would have been relevant if Ganesh Sir didn't say "No Duty".
I am very well aware of de-valuing and "Gifts" and what not, any self-respecting company who follows the Law will not agree to do that anyway.

The world is not fair my man..............i am paying 60 rupees to a dollar.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 31, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #926 of 4,743
At least we get to trick the customs but in Europe for eg. Everything goes through the scanner. If it is registered they give you a bill of custom tax to pay within a said date.

I do not understand your comment dear sir Mr tech agent when you say any self respecting company will not under value their product, I think it more or less depends on r source of purchase rather than pin pointing the self respect of the company, say a retailer.

Oct 31, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #927 of 4,743
at least beyer stuff seems to be keenly priced. it matches amazon.com prices for stuff I am looking at, dx160 and t90.

interestingly its sold directly by beyerdynamic. no wsretail.so perhaps no massive discounts like on sennheiser stuff.

but dt880 I have seen cheaper on ebay even after including international shipping and duty.

also some trolls have already started giving t1 1-star

Oct 31, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #928 of 4,743
  at least beyer stuff seems to be keenly priced. it matches amazon.com prices for stuff I am looking at, dx160 and t90.

interestingly its sold directly by beyerdynamic. no wsretail.so perhaps no massive discounts like on sennheiser stuff.

but dt880 I have seen cheaper on ebay even after including international shipping and duty.

there are no massive discounts on sennheiser

Oct 31, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #930 of 4,743

its not always there but it you have no life like me and visit flipkart everyday to see what stuff is available and discount, maybe you will find it.

5-10 pc dosent excite me plus am into iem's and there is never any discount on them except cx 180 which is useless.
maybe headphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back