Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #932 of 4,743
  well i have seen it go upto 45% for specific products  under some conditions. much lower than even us prices I believe.

forget it

do u think this is original??http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-Brand-new-genuine-in-retail-box-EPH-100-Earphones-EPH100-for-Yamaha-Professional-In-Ear/1951171484.html

Oct 31, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #933 of 4,743
For all fellow BCMTian ... here is the rule of gift and sample Importing and Exporting in India to save custom duty..

Import/Export by post/courier:

There are 2 methods to save yourself from heavy custom charges.

1. Sample - any bonafide commercial samples and prototypes of goods supplied

free of charge of a value not exceeding Rs.50,000/- for exports and Rs.10,000/- for

imports which are not subject to any prohibition or restriction on their import or export

and which does not involve transfer of foreign exchange.

2. Free gifts - any bonafide gifts of articles for personal use of a value not exceeding

rupees 25,000/- for a consignment in case of exports and Rs.10,000/- for imports

which are not subject to any prohibition or restriction on their import or export and

which do not involve transfer of foreign exchange.

So either ask the seller to mark your package as GIFT or SAMPLE, The Value should be less than 10,000 Rs though, If the value is higher than ask seller to show lower value on package.

However I would not recommend showing lesser value, Because if in any case custom officer checked the package and found the value above 10,000 then you have to pay custom on full value + Penalty.

So as for now you can order upto 166.10$ priced Item marked as gift/sample without risk of custom duty.

Sent from Android "a google product" :)

Nov 1, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #935 of 4,743
  009! 
popcorn.gif
 So...how is it on cloud  11?

Cloud 9 indeed.....there is something about electrostats that I cannot quite put my finger on...everything is so clear, transparent. There's no veil on the music. Sound stage is not as big the HD 800 (which in my onion is the biggest) but whether that is crucial depends on the music you are interested in. 

Nov 1, 2014 at 5:07 AM Post #936 of 4,743
  Sorry to be pedantic Ganesh Sir but...that must have taken some skilled paperwork.
No Duty on items costing "five-six figures - INR" is lawfully infeasible, unless of course we resort to the original point - Skilled Paperwork.

In Mumbai where I live, I have cleared many items directly from the airport..My Driver knows the main Cargo Officer who hops from FedEx to UPS to India Post and even then I had to pay quite a bit, of course with accelerated service and discounts.
Fencing with Duty isn't that easy, we would love to know how you do it ?

Not really... with the Stax the seller marked it as a repaired item and marked it at 200 Israeli shekel. The LCD-X was marked as gift at $150... and the Slant was similarly marked at $100... Sardar is right about DHL, Fedex etc. India post is slow but no duty for the most part. 

Nov 1, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #937 of 4,743
Guys, an update: just got my Audez'e LCD XC repaired under warranty via FedEx. Customs duty 740 rupees. Previous three HPs mentioned : zero duty and you know the value. Jay Ho for the Indian Post. I am not going to complain about delays.

Nov 1, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #938 of 4,743
Guys, an update: just got my Audez'e LCD XC repaired under warranty via FedEx. Customs duty 740 rupees. Previous three HPs mentioned : zero duty and you know the value. Jay Ho for the Indian Post. I am not going to complain about delays.

True,,,fedex/dhl all suck big time.
U have to upload documents online before custom clearance.

India post is not even that slow,maybe 3-4 days slower  but 90 percent of the time no customs and tracking is very very good indeed.
In fact most comprehensive tracking i have ever seen ................even telling the period of bag opening and closing
blink.gif

Nov 1, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #940 of 4,743
  at least beyer stuff seems to be keenly priced. it matches amazon.com prices for stuff I am looking at, dx160 and t90.

interestingly its sold directly by beyerdynamic. no wsretail.so perhaps no massive discounts like on sennheiser stuff.

but dt880 I have seen cheaper on ebay even after including international shipping and duty.

also some trolls have already started giving t1 1-star

Vaibhav..if you want to buy anything Beyer, eliminate the middle man - Flipkart.
Just contact Mr Deexith, head of sales at Beyer Bangalore.
The Flipkart prices are still slightly off, I have ordered bunch of Beyer stuff on COD directly from Beyer Bangalore..I mean those guys have let me special order items from Heilbronn on COD.

Here's Mr Deexith's E-Mail - deexith@beyerdynamic.com
Just tell him Aumkar Chandan sent you, he'll give you some fantastic deals.

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #941 of 4,743
  Vaibhav..if you want to buy anything Beyer, eliminate the middle man - Flipkart.
Just contact Mr Deexith, head of sales at Beyer Bangalore.
The Flipkart prices are still slightly off, I have ordered bunch of Beyer stuff on COD directly from Beyer Bangalore..I mean those guys have let me special order items from Heilbronn on COD.

Here's Mr Deexith's E-Mail - deexith@beyerdynamic.com
Just tell him Aumkar Chandan sent you, he'll give you some fantastic deals.

thanks agent. I will contact him.

guys I have a general question.

how do you plan your purchases : low cost stuff but a lot of them or save up to buy 1 or 2 rather expensive ones?

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #942 of 4,743
Expensive for me is 200-250$,everyone has diff definition and it changes with time.

But in my experience better to save up for good stuff.

Sau sunar ki,ek lauhar ki

Nov 1, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #944 of 4,743
Expensive for me is 200-250$,everyone has diff definition and it changes with time.

But in my experience better to save up for good stuff.

Sau sunar ki,ek lauhar ki

ye hui na baat , mostly main tou wait nahin karpata , paise aye , tou saving ki tou watt hai .

Nov 1, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #945 of 4,743
Yeah,all are like this but we need to be wise and control the urges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back