Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 31, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #2,071 of 4,743
There is some quality control issue going on as impressions differ widely.

Not too many recently. And a reliable seller always offer customer support so you may always opt for a refund or replacement. Risk comes with pretty much everything you're buying online.

Mar 31, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #2,072 of 4,743
Not too many recently. And a reliable seller always offer customer support so you may always opt for a refund or replacement. Risk comes with pretty much everything you're buying online.

Where did u get it from??

Mar 31, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #2,073 of 4,743
Mar 31, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #2,074 of 4,743
Akibashipping, on eBay.com
Trusted guy of ZA thread
smily_headphones1.gif

i received my Tenore few days back all i can say is that they are best VFM.i have kc06 and e30 and fidue a63.
i prefer tenore over the kc06 they have a captivating mid.

Mar 31, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #2,075 of 4,743

i received my Tenore few days back all i can say is that they are best VFM.i have kc06 and e30 and fidue a63.

Akibashipping, on eBay.com
Trusted guy of ZA thread
smily_headphones1.gif

Definitely getting these,,,only 36$.Gonna compare with havi,vc1000,an 16,vsd2 and my current favourite vc02 with triple flange.

Mar 31, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #2,076 of 4,743

Definitely getting these,,,only 36$.Gonna compare with havi,vc1000,an 16,vsd2 and my current favourite vc02 with triple flange.

That's awesome! Enjoy the Tenores :D 

Apr 1, 2015 at 2:33 AM Post #2,077 of 4,743

Now thats rave ( by james444). I think you should try the VSD5. Lower price. Better sound.

I've been eyeing the VSD5. Have you tried the vent mod on your Ostry?

If you don't mind, could you do a quick A/B between the two, on this track?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8RYUZT57XA

Apr 1, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #2,078 of 4,743
  I've been eyeing the VSD5. Have you tried the vent mod on your Ostry?

If you don't mind, could you do a quick A/B between the two, on this track?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8RYUZT57XA

Sadly i dont have the Ostry for now, I gave it for my brother. It was good but i was not happy with that shallow fit. Bass extension was not deep, mid was good, a bit thicker and more forward, VSD5 is lean here. I find mid bass on KC06 a bit more prominet, Highs in the Vsd5 can be peaky but ostry is sparky (which for me is a good thing). The stage too is better on VSD5 with more even placement and rounded too.
 Sadly it lost to my UE600, and i was not keen on keeping it for myself.
 And as far as i can recall KC06 is not as detailed as VSD5. 06A can be different. If you decide to get it, Keep me posted.
I was saving for a big one, Had some 30k saved for an earphone, but had to help someone out. And i lost my track, i was not looking for these mid rangers but. I will save again.

Apr 4, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #2,080 of 4,743
  Pals, need advise on budget portable amps (under INR 10k - 12k); if anyone has listened to the FiiO E12, Cayin C5 or JDS C5 please do share impressions.
Thanks

Dont know much about these, but E12 is one analytical Amp, unlike other fiio amps. You just missed a little dot 1+ from ebay. I think others can help you more on this.

Apr 4, 2015 at 5:56 AM Post #2,081 of 4,743
  Pals, need advise on budget portable amps (under INR 10k - 12k); if anyone has listened to the FiiO E12, Cayin C5 or JDS C5 please do share impressions.
Thanks

Or just wait for the Fiio X3 II. I am waiting for it.

Apr 4, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #2,083 of 4,743
Thanks

I have both the FiiO E12 and E12A. Both the E12 and Cayin C5 have the capability to drive power hungry cans. From what I've heard from several fellow HeadFi-ers, the Cayin C5 is usually considered to be the better of the two. As far as refinement goes, both the JDS Labs C5 and the E12A are well ahead of the other two but down on driving capability. In fact, the E12A is solely targeted as an IEM amp.

Here is a comparison of the E12 and E12A from my personal experiences with the two:

Background - E12A has a darker background and does not hiss at all even when turning the volume pot.
Power - E12 can deliver a lot of output power when it comes to power-hungry cans. E12A is targeted at IEMs.
Sound - E12A is most neutral sounding FiiO amp I have owned. The E12 packs more low-end punch but the E12A offers more control, clarity, better mids and cleaner treble.
Soundstage - E12A has a wider soundstage but not exactly huge. I've heard that the JDS Labs C5 excels in this department.
Battery Life - E12A has a longer battery life.

Apr 4, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #2,084 of 4,743
  Shreyas:

Just get the Geek Out 450 and be done with it.

I know Mr Ganesh, for a desktop DAC amp I would definitely go for the Geek Out. But unfortunately from my vantage point in the whole scheme of all things audio And portable, I need an amp which can connect to my DAPs (present and future). I definitely hope to one day build a proper desktop rig, probably starting with the Geek devices or the Schiit stuff. But until then, its all portable for yours truly. For any high end desktop sound, I've got the lure of Chennai Filter coffee and the option of listening to your high end audio goodies for now!

Apr 4, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #2,085 of 4,743

Dont know much about these, but E12 is one analytical Amp, unlike other fiio amps. You just missed a little dot 1+ from ebay. I think others can help you more on this.

I did see that Little Dot listing on ebay; though I didn't know much about it since I haven't read about it enough. But thanks for the suggestions Suman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back